• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofgames300g

Trainer in the Shadows
Years
Green Charizard said:
Well thanks for the idea, can others use it if they want? I'll probably make one of my own too, it's nice of you to think of things like that though, so thanks.

Edit: Has anyone got any requests, like in the beta do you want a script with 3 starters or whatever.
Also I've updated my first post and attached my title music below

If they want to use the banner, they can use it.

The title music is nice!! I like it!! YOU MUST FINISH THIS!!!

P.S: what are the starters gonna be?? the same as before??

You should have a poll for the starters. After the poll for when the beta release will be...

Just suggesting.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Well again, I'm glad you all like it and the music
kingofgames300g said:
If they want to use the banner, they can use it.

The title music is nice!! I like it!! YOU MUST FINISH THIS!!!

P.S: what are the starters gonna be?? the same as before??

You should have a poll for the starters. After the poll for when the beta release will be...

Just suggesting.
I'll try and finish this or at least the graphics. I've not got around to the starters yet, although I've made a pre-written script for the Jhoto starters, I might use that. Has anyone any preference?
Also I corrected the walking. Still seems a little wierd when walking forwards, but not as much. Also heres my spite off the diamond:
Removed as it's been completely redone
Also - ???????? - "Your name goes here" screen
introthing8nq.png

Updated into first post also

Edit- looks as though I'm releasing it before the houses as of the vote so far, but remember I will try and do one with houses after the first copy.

Last edited:

Noya

Female Hacker ^^
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2006
great work green charizard
it looks like you makin a rombase for us
i will make another rombase for all you but whit other tiles other pokemons and of course paletts

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Ok, I'll thicken out his legs if you like. I don't mind you editing my sprite at all. All I did to make it was by going over a picture of the size comparison. Also the new screens released will help with the battle editing. It should be easier to do then the old ones.
Any better, he seemed to big? So I made him Brendan's size
dptrainercard2sr.png

Also I'm having a bit of trouble getting on to this site, I keep getting the database error after 6 (GMT)
I'll do some work later, very busy at the moment.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Wow this is looking awesome.

I can't wait to see the houses, but will they be difficult to implement, considering the angle that D/P has.

The Diamond Sprite however, seems a bit off. It's mostly the arms and waist, but there are other small things too (such as his bag).

@ Blazichu: Your sprite looks really out of proportion

In addition, have you done any Pearl sprites?

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
No I've not done any pearl ones yet, I'm going to continue redoing that sprite so forget it exists. Yeah the houses are hard, considering it keeps freezing upon insertion whilst repointing. More updates later.

Liquinn

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2007
you dont have long to make the hack, the games gonig to be released in two months time in Japan...

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Good point thats why I'm releasing it soon. Anyway, do you really think we're going to be able to hack it straight away. Also I've fixed the sprite for definate. You'll just have to wait for the beta to see it [not too long, I promise]. I've just used the firered pose.

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Are you asking or we are be able to hack D/P ?
Well, first of all, there is no DS Emulator that 'plays' more than a couple of DS Roms and tey are DEMO's! ...
So no, .. not as soon they will be on internet...
But maybe, one day.. And then it's still hard, I think we need to do everything in hex, because the tiles need more than a normal Mapeditor.

Correct me when I'm wrong ..

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
I wasn't asking, I was making a point really. But thanks for explaining it, it's because the idea of this thread was to provide people wit a D/p equivalent on GBA, so we could create the games rather than struggling with it, but thanks for explaining it.

Vipershark

What user title?
Years
Even if it was disproportionate, that sprite did actually look better. The game looks like it's coming along great. Keep it up.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Thanks, anyone any preference over starters I'm going to attempt to make the start town in Diamond now coz I feel like it
Edit: "Welcome to Futaba Town, the town that cannot be brightened by any neon grass"
futabatown9uk.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well I know you said dat you've already redone the Diamond Sprites, but I'll still post mine up anyways.

The first two are the main ones, the second being modifyed (Brendans right arm). However, these both contain 23 colours.

The third one has been reduced to 16 colours, but I thinks it looks terrible. The fourth one has also been reduced to 19 colours.

Anyways use how you wish.

D-Trogh said:
Are you asking or we are be able to hack D/P ?
Well, first of all, there is no DS Emulator that 'plays' more than a couple of DS Roms and tey are DEMO's! ...
So no, .. not as soon they will be on internet...
But maybe, one day.. And then it's still hard, I think we need to do everything in hex, because the tiles need more than a normal Mapeditor.

Correct me when I'm wrong ..
Will do.

While you are correct in saying that it is incredibly hard to hack a DS rom, there are a number of emulators out there that are currently able to play commerrcial roms, my recomendation being DeSmuME. So just search them in Google.

But you need a pretty good computer to use them anyways.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Dark Lucario: No, it's a parody of Littleroots "A town that cannot be shaded by any hue"
Ray.z: Hey they're good, I'll stick with my new one though.

Still getting that database error, I had to wait ages for this page, is anyone else having this problem, all other pages come on fine.

Anyway, I've got some new screens of the text box. It's not exact, because it can't be done.
In battle(although the arrow is now grey) and screen to compare
compare7qp.png

Normal text and screen to compare
text1im.png

jap1hn.png

I'll work on the battle screen tonight, although with this "there seems to be a problem with our database" problem, I may not show it until tommorow
Also I've made a banner:
dpneewcopy22ps.png

Simple and descriptive, free to use:
Location: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6534/dpneewcopy22ps.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back