• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Yeah I know I'm good.

Thanks.

Anywho, I went off and made a Pearl sprite as well, but it has 30 colours - I couldn't be bothered in trying to reduce it.

I made two different versions as you can see - one is Green (FR/LG Heroine), and the other is a R/S/E character (I dunno the name). No poses were changed either.

Also, about your banner thing, Wolt was kinda right before. You shouldn't be using it to advertise. Instead, you should create a banner or something that displays how much effort has been put into the hack, like with a OW screenie or something.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Ther good - not as good as ur diamond one but nintendo have released one in one of the screens. Chris-h11 are you refering to ray.z or my overworlds, if thats the case it's because it's in a different perspective to ruby, so some old sprites are still there, they're an exact replica (-1 pixel) from the screens and I'm making the rest to the same scale

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
kewl, keep the nice work going. if you need any spriting help, just let me know. (awesome diamond boy sprites ray)

and the ds comment... aren't one of them (D/P) going to be on GBA? maybe i read it wrong, but it's great that you're doing this anyway. i don't think DS will ever have a full-functioning emulator, but then again, i don't know much...

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Samson said:
kewl, keep the nice work going. if you need any spriting help, just let me know. (awesome diamond boy sprites ray)

and the ds comment... aren't one of them (D/P) going to be on GBA? maybe i read it wrong, but it's great that you're doing this anyway. i don't think DS will ever have a full-functioning emulator, but then again, i don't know much...
I'm ok with sprites I can do them, diamond was just a hard one, but thanks for the offer.
The DS comment:
Originally Posted by D-Trogh
Are you asking or we are be able to hack D/P ?
Well, first of all, there is no DS Emulator that 'plays' more than a couple of DS Roms and tey are DEMO's! ...
So no, .. not as soon they will be on internet...
But maybe, one day.. And then it's still hard, I think we need to do everything in hex, because the tiles need more than a normal Mapeditor.

Correct me when I'm wrong ..
seemed to be a misunderstanding, I think. No, it' not on the GBA. It can't handle it (says me, whos making it on the gba, but with a reduced palette so I can get away with it)
Yea it would even be hard to use a ds emulator without a graphics tablet if we got a functional one.

I'll do some work later and try to insert the house when that's done and the battle screen I'll release the beta. I also need to do the sideways stairs for the rocks etc.
Edit: Little update,stairs arn't finished as you can see by the palette and surrounding rocks:
stairsdv3.png

Comments?

Last edited:

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
Years
  • Age 35
  • U.K.
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
wicked i love this its so cool erm i am having that database problem it take ages for this page to load but other websites take like 1 sec :( oh well great hack and nice screens

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Everyones having it due to that 1000 of URL request thing. I've sorted a way to do the starters now anyway, seen as how it's a briefcase, I'll justedit the bag event and stick it in the lab. So you can edit it as normal. Starter requests anyone?

Chris-h11

Programmer
Years
Green Charizard said:
Ther good - not as good as ur diamond one but nintendo have released one in one of the screens. Chris-h11 are you refering to ray.z or my overworlds, if thats the case it's because it's in a different perspective to ruby, so some old sprites are still there, they're an exact replica (-1 pixel) from the screens and I'm making the rest to the same scale
Yea, I knew that it was the size in Diamond and Pearl but I was making sure that you were either going to change ALL the other overworlds or just make the hero overworld R/S/E size.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Earthbound? Mother 2/3? XD Sorry is just that the grass reminds me so much of those great RPGs, which is a good thing, sweetie.

Well good luck sweetie.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Thanks Jeremy. My plan was to work through them steadily. Does anyone know why when I extendthe main tileset (1617) down and repoint, when I go on advancemaps block editor, it only goes to the tiles it would normally be? (Excludes the extended bit but alll other changes apppear) is this not possible?
UPDATED FIRST POST WITH A BETTER BANNER

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
AM and EM are made to recognize the tileset, but are also programmed with the default image dimensions. It will only show what is within those dimensions. Sorry.
BTW, this looks great, can't wait to see it finished!

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Oh thats a pain, now there's one for LU-HO for the next Advancemap... I's ok though, I'll re-arange the tiles and repoint it, ths makes it awkward as it no longer appears in UNLZ, but you can import and write it to it's new position. Looks like I' gonna have to release a tutorial on how to do this with the release. Anyway I've done another position of the stairs:
downlj1.png

Comments?

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Comments? OK. That's a view of the stairs from behind, right? Do they actually have that in D/P or are you making that up? Also, I only see one. Anyway, this looks good, and it'd be nice to know how to change the tiles with unLZ-GBA, please give that tutorial.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Dark_Lucario said:
Comments? OK. That's a view of the stairs from behind, right? Do they actually have that in D/P or are you making that up? Also, I only see one. Anyway, this looks good, and it'd be nice to know how to change the tiles with unLZ-GBA, please give that tutorial.
There is, I wont make things up in my games titles. Proof:
backxx6.png
downlj1.png
It's not perfect yet though. For tiles in UNLZ just go to 1617 and save it, import it, change palette if needed. PM me if u need help.
EDIT: New pic of overworlds
newth3.png
I've done a few more, but all poses aren't done, but I'm whizzing through them.
Anyone want to see/ force me to make and show, a character.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Wow, your Pearl looks good, and so does that Bald guy.

Anyway, can you show us a Nurse Joy (since we'll be seeing her alot).

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Thanks, I'll make her later, it is actually in a screen thats been released, keep watcing as I'll edit to avoid double post.

Wow, a daily visitor! Right, thanks, here's the request, been busy though, I've been beeing interviewed on MSN.
joyda6.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
The main problem with this is that Diamond and Pearl have 3D maps. You should keep that in mind. Stick with the 2D look of the GBA games.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Dark_Lucario said:
Interviewed? For .rhw? Neat!
Nice job so far, the characters look great!
Thanks, (yeah 4 rom hackers weekly by psyduck101 so watch out 4 that).

Chimou said:
he main problem with this is that Diamond and Pearl have 3D maps. You should keep that in mind. Stick with the 2D look of the GBA games.
But, I'm making it look 3D it's gonna be the same (sorta) the only thing it wont have is the perspective thattings get smaller in the distance like DP, but it doesn't spoil the maps or the game. Study the pictures on page one ad compare them to some of Diamond and Pearls, there's not much difference. Without this interface, the hack would be nothing. It is true what your saying but it can be avoided. Certain things such as houses have wobbly edges in DP as you more. That is down to 3d perspective, but if I give them standard straight lines then they can be used. Ok? Thanks for teking an interest anyway, possibly more pics l8r by the way, depends what I'm doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back