• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palcks

some nights.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I never understood the hate for Vanillite. ): Sure, it's based on ice cream, but how many other Pokémon are based off of dumb things? I think Vanillite is adorable and a decent Pokémon too.

Holidaze

Celestial Daze's Holiday Alt.
    Years
  • Well tbh, I think that a gelatto that evolves on a ice cream and re-volves in a two scoop ice cream is better than a bunch of eggs(one being broken) that evolves in a palm tree. Just saying.
    But yeah,there are so many Pokemon based on stupid things ...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Hey, now, Exeggutor's on my current LG run team...

But I really don't see why we needed all the "Pikachu-ripoff" Pokemon. Isn't one electric type rodent with poor stats enough? And how in the heck do Magikarp and Feebas evolve into their final forms, which don't resemble ugly fish in the least?

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    And how in the heck do Magikarp and Feebas evolve into their final forms, which don't resemble ugly fish in the least?

Well for Magikarp, its dex entries say that it used to be a really strong and powerful Pokémon, but because basically useless as time went on. I guess it still kept the ability to evolve into Gyarados, though.

And you could say the same for a lo of Pokémon that don't resemble their final forms, like Clampearl and Poliwhirl (in Politoad's case). Meh. :P

Holidaze

Years
  • Poliwag is tadpole so it makes sense to evolve in a toad. Poliwrath is what don't make sense there.
    What about Seedot?
    Seedot, is, literally odd in a nutshell

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I kind of like when Pokémon don't resemble their evolutions, as long as they don't take it too far. If I'm not mistaken Magikarp is based off of a Japanese legend of how koi that jump over a certain waterfall become dragons. Idk, something like that. :P
    Eviolite Porygon2 > Porygon-Z tbh :U I think I like Por2 better considering design as well.
    Eviolite doesn't exist in Generation IV. :P

Holidaze

Years
  • I kind of like when Pokémon don't resemble their evolutions, as long as they don't take it too far. If I'm not mistaken Magikarp is based off of a Japanese legend of how koi that jump over a certain waterfall become dragons. Idk, something like that. :P

[
    It was something like that, but I think they took it too far with this one.
    IT's like Dratini looks like Dragonair that is completely different from Dragonite

Holidaze

Years
  • Even Bulbapedia agrees they have nothing in common ...
    But really, I wish there were more "Origins of the Species" in Bulba News

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Oh well, if the Pokéworld were logical, we wouldn't have octopuses breathing fire and chinchillas throwing five rocks in a row and whimsical plant-based sheep taunting people to begin with, now would we? xD

Well Shiftry is based on a nutcracker so...

What about Remoraid and Octillery...?
    Remoraid needs Octillery and Octillery needs Remoraid. D: They complete each other!

I tell you what, you come up with a better pre-evolution for Octillery, fully design it and make sure it looks just like Octillery and name it and sprite it and whatnot, then we'll talk. :3
    And also make an evolution for Remoraid.

(Okay I was just kidding about this at first but now it seems like it'd be kind of a cool thing.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I never understood Remoraid and Octillery, the only evolution that I didn't understand. Magikarp/Feebas both make sense because it's intentional how big the change is, Dragonair/Dragonite is a bit confusing but they kind of explain it on Bulbapedia, but those two? Nooo, lol.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Honestly I think some evolutions make too much sense. Like, iunno, I like Cleffa and Clefairy and Clefable and all but they all look way too similar in my opinion. If I saw a drawing of a Clefable I would probably find it hard to tell if it's a Clefairy or a Clefable. Also Mantyke is just a tiny Remoraid-less version of Mantine and any differences between Seel and Dewgong are negligible. Sometimes differences are nice and refreshing. :3

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • Honestly I think some evolutions make too much sense. Like, iunno, I like Cleffa and Clefairy and Clefable and all but they all look way too similar in my opinion. If I saw a drawing of a Clefable I would probably find it hard to tell if it's a Clefairy or a Clefable. Also Mantyke is just a tiny Remoraid-less version of Mantine and any differences between Seel and Dewgong are negligible. Sometimes differences are nice and refreshing. :3

After Gen IV, Mantine lost it Remoraid
    Anyways, while I agree that some times something new and difference is better than the bland same old thing, I think that some changes are far too drastical

Years

• After Gen IV, Mantine lost it Remoraid
    Anyways, while I agree that some times something new and difference is better than the bland same old thing, I think that some changes are far too drastical

That may be because that Remoraid is required to be in the party for Mantyke to evolve into Mantine.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't think Mantyke was ever necessary. As cute as he is, I think Mantine had a much more mature energy and to me, Mantyke seems to look more cartoon-y than Mantine does. I don't find them all that compatible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back