• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    HI, I like this because it actually has a beta already.
    I hate the starters and there are millions of bugs, I just don't know where to begin...
    I think it was nice, but I got only to the part after you meet ruby and sapphire, because when I was about to save (shift+F1) I pressed (CTRL+F1) and it restarted, so I had to start over, but not before the next beta for sure.

I think this would be better with a couple of fakemon, they are what makes a hack, hack. In my opinion of course, if you don't like fakemon, then don't put them, but I would love em.
    Also that mountain whatever it is, is just too long and similar to mt.moon and one of the lasses say something about mt.moon when you defeat them and talk to them, just a minor problem.

Well, I am waiting for Beta2, good luck, I think it's good.
    Whats wrong with the starters? I don't think I'm going to change them. Yeah I know about the bugs. I don't really want any Fakemon because it wouldn't make sense with the story anyway. Similar to Mt. Moon? Thats weird I didn't even use the Mt. Moon map I used the Rock tunnel one. And anyway I always make sure to clear my maps before I make new ones.

So, onto some updates.
    Spoiler:
    I couldn't be bothered taking screenshots...

Heres a video, it will tell you more about your dad and the company he works for.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SgznTpsfzA

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Aha i cant wait to see whats up that waterfall!
    You won't find out for quite a while I'm afraid. XD

Huh? I thought SA done the walking sprites of the Hero/Heroine. Why don't you remove the FR Hero/Heroine?
    Mmmm, yeah I probably should have inserted them. I'll probably do it a bit later on. It'll definitely be before beta 2 is out.

No updates for now. All I'm doing is scripting Granite City. After that I'll edit the mart items. Then do the text-editing and make the puzzle for the gym and I'm done with Granite City. After that there is Palerose Town of course. This is the final place in the beta you won't be able to fight the gym leader or really do anything else there. In fact the beta ends halfway through an event. After Palerose I just have to map all the sea routes and then trainer editing and I'm done.

The beta is approximately halfway through the entire game. School holidays start next week so I'll hopefully get a lot done.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • You need a beta tester? I'll help you,

Also I have an OW of Arceus.(It's in USA though not in my usb, ill send it to you later?).

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    And you'll remove the FR trees, too, right?
    (Note: Just remove the FR trees, not the FR tiles.)
    Why do you want me to remove them? I actually like how they look. I might consider it but only after I've finished the entire hack.

You need a beta tester? I'll help you,

Also I have an OW of Arceus.(It's in USA though not in my usb, ill send it to you later?).
    Awesome, thanks a lot. Is the OW indexed and does it fit with the existing palletes? I don't really want to have to organise the palletes. Do the tiles and palletes work all right?(don't worry I saw your thread) I didn't get a reply. Oh, and also do you have any experience in beta testing?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, I have experience hacking in Firered, sort of... I'm more like a Mystery Dungeon hacker... but you still have to add me on your list... we had a deal... before I got banned... I think *pronounces think as fink*.

Ryousha

Years
  • I tested Blue Sea,

I have the OW that will be for pal 4,

I can map, It's not square maps, since Neti taught me to map.

So my maps are sometimes might be similiar to his style :)

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Sorry for not commenting on your video other than OW sprites. So, I will comment now. It's great, although the Player's Dad said a lot of text...

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Yeah, I have experience hacking in Firered, sort of... I'm more like a Mystery Dungeon hacker... but you still have to add me on your list... we had a deal... before I got banned... I think *pronounces think as fink*.
    Aaaah, yeah ok, I never said that you couldn't be one I just thought that you were permanently banned.

I tested Blue Sea,
    I have the OW that will be for pal 4,
    I can map, It's not square maps, since Neti taught me to map.
    So my maps are sometimes might be similiar to his style :)
    Oh awesome thanks! Welcome to the team!

Sorry for not commenting on your video other than OW sprites. So, I will comment now. It's great, although the Player's Dad said a lot of text...
    Yeah I know. I'll need to change it since most people just skip through the text anyway. I've got a couple of ideas I'm gonna try out so hopefully there will be a video soon.

Ryousha

Years
  • could I see those OW's S.A. made you?

I'm going to try to index it to either pal 3,4,5,6,

k? PM me.

Wish I can be in the game, haha XD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Well, you have somebody nice working for you on your hack, (Ryousha), meaning it'll be even better! You may want to learn to take grammar lessons, too. The scripts aren't so good- I only have fragment, but the spelling and so on is perfect.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    could I see those OW's S.A. made you?
    I'm going to try to index it to either pal 3,4,5,6,
    k? PM me.
    They are in the previous page.

Wish I can be in the game, haha XD
    Uhhh, yeah maybe. We'll see XD. It'll be at the end of the game though. Like after the Elite 4.

Here is the revised version of the video I posted before. Well, its not really revised its almost completely re-done. Took me quite a while to make too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJvC362vjmg

Yes I know about the errors. Walking up the stairs might be something I can't fix so I might just make it so you walk through a door. Dad swiveling is really weird, I don't know what is causing it, its not the script, nor the behaviour. The splash screen before the warps will be something I won't change at least not till the very end as I will have to waste 3 maps for it. Um, anything else? I can't remember.

Feedback would be great!

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
    Years
  • wow that's completly awesome! great script! and so long an complicated, i love that you see the past of your dad and that you're live in, really great done! ^_^

it's so great, really, now i can't wait to play it, but i want to wait till the next beta xD

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • since I'm a scripter too, I should comment on that ^^
    Well, I think it's a great made script with very intresting functions, like showing things in the past (I'm not quite sure how you did that yet, did u use movesprite on the camera or what? xD).
    It took you some time until all movements and "!"s were allright in timing, I think? That's something really annoying ^^. But you handled that.
    Also, the plot seems very well planned and I'm looking forward to play this hack ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Almost it(he,she) is not tiles changed but for jugabilidad seems to be incredible!!
    A lot of luck!!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    since I'm a scripter too, I should comment on that ^^
    Well, I think it's a great made script with very intresting functions, like showing things in the past (I'm not quite sure how you did that yet, did u use movesprite on the camera or what? xD).
    It took you some time until all movements and "!"s were allright in timing, I think? That's something really annoying ^^. But you handled that.
    Also, the plot seems very well planned and I'm looking forward to play this hack ;)
    That would have been a huge map. XD
    I don't think you can use movesprite on the camera anyway. They are just level scripts for different maps. They all use the same variable as well. When it comes back to Uriel Enterprises its just a simple 03 level script with move sprite and it continues from the original level script it left from. I wanted it to look a bit more cinematic but theres not enough freedom with scripting to achieve that. :/

I didn't really bother making the movements and pauses perfect. I guess I just got lucky. The plot is completely planned out, which I've realized now is a huge mistake. I have the majority of it planned out in my head though.

Ryousha

Years
  • You shouldn't release a beta 3 by the time comes to that the hack should be done : ).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OMG I love that script D:.

Back