• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Wow nice script. But if you say yes I believe you could you be part of your dads team and gain acess to the building whenever you want ?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    I think I found a bug. IDK if this has been brought up yet. I battled some hiker in the cave after the first gym (I don't know the names yet), and he just sent out his Geodude and I was about to attack and a bunch of symbols started showing up and the game froze. I had to go back to before I beat the gym leader, so now I have to go back through all that. Just thought I'd bring it up.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • I think I found a bug. IDK if this has been brought up yet. I battled some hiker in the cave after the first gym (I don't know the names yet), and he just sent out his Geodude and I was about to attack and a bunch of symbols started showing up and the game froze. I had to go back to before I beat the gym leader, so now I have to go back through all that. Just thought I'd bring it up.
    That's a glitch? That's more of a bad rom ;).
    this hack looks quite promising ;)
    It is a promising hack, actually.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    That's a glitch? That's more of a bad rom ;).

Really? Well, I've played the original Firered on my computer (same rom), and nothing like that's happened yet. And I've used the same exact rom for other hacks and that hasn't happened on any of them.

this hack looks quite promising ;)

Yeah! :D I love this game! I haven't looked around that much, but so far, on this forum, this is my favorite hack so far.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Ah so the hack you are doing Pokemon Genesis haha well good luck and thanks again for the tile help

see you around, Khaos

P.s Citrine made it into the showcase

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Wow nice script. But if you say yes I believe you could you be part of your dads team and gain acess to the building whenever you want ?
    Not quite, you just get a value subtracted from a special variable. You won't see the affects of this variable for a while.

I'm nearly completely done with Granite City in fact the only thing left to do is make the gym leader script, edit some trainerbattles and edit the mart items. Heres a couple of things you can do there:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    hi i have been playing your awesome game but i'm stuck in Latim city (i think its that)
    I have battled everyone in the library and then got to the floor with the keycard.. it said the door is 'open' but it doesn't open..like i cant get past it :/
    also then i went to the NEXT floor (with the old man and girl) - chairman i think- and i walked down to the right and then go to turn left but an invisible wall is blocking me!
    and i just cant get past no matter what.
    I assume i need something from them as i went into the cave and realised i need surf!

please help what do i do?
    i reeeaallly dont wanna start again as i have spent many many MANY hours having to restart due to my stupid phone.

i have downloaded the version you have available.

what can i do?

i think i downloaded prebeta revised.. i think :/

EDIT by FG: Posts merged. Please don't double post - use the edit button if you wish to edit your post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016

i think it should be "I am the chairman..." because he's only one and 'men' refers to 'many adult males'...

anyways, nice updates.

keep things up~
    Thanks, I make way too many grammatical mistakes...

hi i have been playing your awesome game but i'm stuck in Latim city (i think its that)
    I have battled everyone in the library and then got to the floor with the keycard.. it said the door is 'open' but it doesn't open..like i cant get past it :/
    also then i went to the NEXT floor (with the old man and girl) - chairman i think- and i walked down to the right and then go to turn left but an invisible wall is blocking me!
    and i just cant get past no matter what.
    I assume i need something from them as i went into the cave and realised i need surf!

please help what do i do?
    i reeeaallly dont wanna start again as i have spent many many MANY hours having to restart due to my stupid phone.

i have downloaded the version you have available.

what can i do?
    The Library is incomplete. Theres nothing more to do there. Just go to the building way down the bottom and you'll be on a new route then just follow the path there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    oh... last time i checked the lady and man were there...better have another look :P

Thanks!

jaz0114

Jaz
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    i just downloaded this hack and patched it.
    i started playing it and all i can say is WOW!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I found some more errors.

You know the route you just told me to go down... when I battled the lady with the 3 meowths she turned black and I couldn't move..like when i pressed some of the buttons..she ended up becoming a 'sign post' telling me where i was etc..
    so i restarted from latim again..

then i skipped her and went straight to the cave entrance with the tree that needs to be cut.. i cut the tree but everytime i go to enter the actual game it freezes.

I cant play it anymore :(

It was such a cool hack too.

thanks anyway for your effort.

I wrote 'when I enter the actual game I meant cave sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I found some more errors.

You know the route you just told me to go down... when I battled the lady with the 3 meowths she turned black and I couldn't move..like when i pressed some of the buttons..she ended up becoming a 'sign post' telling me where i was etc..
    so i restarted from latim again..

then i skipped her and went straight to the cave entrance with the tree that needs to be cut.. i cut the tree but everytime i go to enter the actual game it freezes.

I cant play it anymore :(

It was such a cool hack too.

thanks anyway for your effort.

I wrote 'when I enter the actual game I meant cave sorry.
    It goes on a bit further but because of those bugs that is the end of the beta. A new beta will be coming soon and will be much better. You'll have to start from the beginning though. In the meantime check out some other hacks around here.

Time for some updates.
    21denvb.png
    i3s7jm.png

Inside the strange building

inz4n7.png
    fji07l.png

Route 12

I've done Route 11 and 10 as well but I forgot to take screenshots. And theres the event where you get Surf but thats really really boring. I've completely finished Granite City (which reminds me I forgot to take screenies of the gym xD ). You won't be able to go to Route 13 which is east of Palerose Town because... I can't be bothered doing it. I might or might not include the sea routes probably will but it depends how far I get this week. Anyway there isn't long to wait till beta 2. So thats it for now.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • Really like the hack!

Your splitting up Eevee's evolutions? ( Eeeveelution's?) I thought the only rule is that
    a Pokemon can only evolve twice, I didn't know they can't evolve into more than
    five evolutions. The rule can only apply to Eevee, so I guess it is a special rule.

Jim, who likes pranks, and his friend, Pam? Am I, like, the only one who gets this reference (I think) to The Office? ^_^

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Really like the hack!
    Jim, who likes pranks, and his friend, Pam? Am I, like, the only one who gets this reference (I think) to The Office? ^_^

Gasp!
    i should have known, since your(dshayabusa) picture is dwight.
    i saw the new screenshots and they look awesome.
    I know you got the tree from ruby, but can you tell me where you got the temple from?
    and the interior looks like the graveyards from lavender town, have you got the idea from that or make it because you thought it could look like that?
    Oh and sorry, but i lost my lunar ips due to spyware.
    I can get it back tomorrow so i can beta test some games.
    Lastly, is the surf event a "get something and trade" event or something else like "go somewhere and do this or that"?
    i hope you can answer these soon, and like always, Best of luck dshayabusa!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Ummmmmmmmmmmm
    You should change the trainer sprite........
    I will.... -_-

Really like the hack!

Your splitting up Eevee's evolutions? ( Eeeveelution's?) I thought the only rule is that
    a Pokemon can only evolve twice, I didn't know they can't evolve into more than
    five evolutions. The rule can only apply to Eevee, so I guess it is a special rule.

There is evolution data available for every Pokemon for up to 5 evolutions. Since in my hack Eevee has 6 I had to split it up.

Yes!! You're right! Finally!!! I really wanted to include Dwight as well but that might ruin it a bit. I was going to have a romantic sub plot for them... and it might still happen but you'll probably only see it in the final version.

Gasp!
    i should have known, since your(dshayabusa) picture is dwight.
    i saw the new screenshots and they look awesome.
    I know you got the tree from ruby, but can you tell me where you got the temple from?
    and the interior looks like the graveyards from lavender town, have you got the idea from that or make it because you thought it could look like that?
    Oh and sorry, but i lost my lunar ips due to spyware.
    I can get it back tomorrow so i can beta test some games.
    Lastly, is the surf event a "get something and trade" event or something else like "go somewhere and do this or that"?
    i hope you can answer these soon, and like always, Best of luck dshayabusa!
    Fanking Omega's 'Complete Johto Tileset'. Yeah its the tiles from the Pokemon Tower. I didn't really need the tombstones, in fact I would have liked some pouffes (is that right? I'm talking about those pillow things that you sit on) instead. I might change it later on. I just wanted the floor tiles, the symbol tiles and the statue tiles. I think it suits it though, its supposed to like somewhat mysterious and spiritual.

Thats fine, I won't need you to do beta testing till I finish beta 2 so it's still some time away. No its nothing like that. When I say its boring I really mean it. Its not really even an event. All that happens is you talk to an old man he tells you something about the sea and then gives you the HM.

Time for some updates. I actually did these yesterday. I haven't worked on the hack at all today...
    Spoiler:

Pretty boring updates I know, hopefully I'll have some better ones tomorrow.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Your request for me to post, is dec-- accepted. :D

Yeah I guess they are pretty difficult to defeat especially since you only have two badges. I think what I'll do is go through the game and change the levels so they are only slightly higher than what would be expected in a normal game by slightly I mean 1 or two levels. I'll probably add some trainers in Route 1 too so they first gym won't be so difficult. To still keep the difficulty factor I will make it so the starters evolutions occur later on, the first at 24 and the second at 42. They will also have their stats updated so people will want to have them in their team. Their total stats (in their final evolutions) will be equal to Snorlax's which I think is 580 is 540. What do you guys think of that idea? I really don't want to make the game too easy so I think that this is the best way. It's also hard to create trainers now, I'm up to the 3rd gym and trainers have Pokemon at levels above 40 which is ridiculous.

Edit: I've been working on some stats and moves for the starters. The total stats for all three are 555 which is the total stat of Arcanine who has the highest stat that isn't an Uber or psuedo-Uber.

WALREIN
    Spoiler:

AMPHAROS
    Spoiler:

FLYGON
    Spoiler:

I would love to hear peoples comments and suggestions as I am not very good at this kind of things.

On the level rate thing, you just have to find that right spot... I think you should keep it high by the way, I mean it is a game after all, what's the point in keeping the pathetic level rates around? >_> Making trainers stop and train a little, sorta bond with their Pocket Monsters isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Though, you don't want to blow the players out of the water. XD What happened to patient players anyway? ;/ So, depending on the size and length of your region, you should base your level rate accordingly. As that's how level rate is actually determined in today's versions. An example would be that Johto had the weakest 1-8 level rate, however, it also had 8 more gyms to combat such. Playing around with levels is a tough call, but I'm sure with the right testers they can inform you to drop/increase such. Don't be oh so worried about it either, you'll be able to find the right spot. ;D

Now, onto the stats of the starters. (By the way, very interesting bunch o.o I'll still pick Ampharos anywho) I think you're additions to their stats were perfectly fine. They make complete sense too, and shouldn't be too overpowering, because stats really only get overpowering when they reach 600, in competitive terms. Psuedo-uber have a BST of 600. O_o Where did you get Arcanine from? More like 600 (Garchomp, Metagross, Salamence, etc are psuedo uber) I guess you're refering to your game in that sense? But shouldn't really talk about competitive terms when it comes to in-game play. Well, I think they're fine. ;D As long as your game can also provide a challenge to them. They can't walk all over the competition, so if you make the level rate small though, don't change much. However, if you make the level rate higher, I say go for it. Through testing you should be able to find out whether they're too much for the competition. All in all, with everything that involves levels, stats, movesets... You have to find that balance point. You're testers and you should be able to determine that I guess.

For the movesets, well, shouldn't Walrein get the chance to have roar? I mean, it doesn't have it in the fourth generation, (I think) but it'd be a nice touch. Sea lions do roar like... well, they're insane when it comes to barking. XD And seeing as you increased Flygon's special attack, you may want to pack some more special moves in there.

By the way, you know I'm a complete supporter for this hack, so don't ever quit on this... or I'll come eat you. ;D Liking Palerose by the way, very interesting stuff, keep it up!

That's pretty much all I can come up with at this point, good luck with everything bud! =D This post probably just caused more confusion, but eh well, I tried. Hope everything goes well~

Last edited:
    Back