• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
  • Wow!
    The Titlescreen it's amazing! O_O
    The mapping is so good, but you have to change more tiles and palletes, if you do it, your hack will be... a Super Pokémon Hack xD
    That's all!

*slap slap slap slap*
    Whats wrong with the tiles and palettes at the moment? Nintendo did a pretty good job don't you reckon?

Anyways, good job with the hack, I haven't played it fully cause I forgot to change the flash, I got up to the cave and battled some trainer and it froze, so I cant be stuffed doing it again xD.

Meh, it was fun while I played it. Though I recommend changing the Pokemon in the grass a bit more.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    *slap slap slap slap*
    Whats wrong with the tiles and palettes at the moment? Nintendo did a pretty good job don't you reckon?

Anyways, good job with the hack, I haven't played it fully cause I forgot to change the flash, I got up to the cave and battled some trainer and it froze, so I cant be stuffed doing it again xD.

Meh, it was fun while I played it. Though I recommend changing the Pokemon in the grass a bit more.

That's right, the default tiles are just fine.
    Though some slight palette editing would be nice, but the tiles are fine. :)

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Wow!
    The Titlescreen it's amazing! O_O
    The mapping is so good, but you have to change more tiles and palletes, if you do it, your hack will be... a Super Pokémon Hack xD
    That's all!
    And I want to stick with FR looking tiles.

That's right, the default tiles are just fine.
    Though some slight palette editing would be nice, but the tiles are fine. :)
    That sounds interesting, I might have a go at that when I have the time.

OMG!!!! Genesis got a mention in the renowned Rom Hacking Newsletter! It won an award too!
    8zegwl.png

Yes, I am shameless.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Haha! Congrats! I guess if Distant ever got that, I'd be happy too!

Well, good luck with completeing this incredible hack!

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • This is an amazing hack you have here :)
    I haven't really posted, I remember posting at PHO ages ago.
    BUT look at the progress now :)
    Keep it up man everythings going well :)

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Thanks everyone. :D

Here are some maps made by Disturbed. Unfortunately I can't see myself needing any more maps from him for a long while so savor this.
    hrhtut.png
    58oyw.png
    2qk5nwo.png

Mist Forest

2dmbjpk.png
    2yl1ag5.png
    2v9yudg.png

Draest Cave

I can't remember if I've shown the 3 remaining towns in Serao. I might show that tomorrow.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    nice, but I think Mist Forest needs er, some 'mist', don't ya think... :\
    anyways, good luck with this hack project~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Thanks everyone. :D

Here are some maps made by Disturbed. Unfortunately I can't see myself needing any more maps from him for a long while so savor this.
    hrhtut.png
    58oyw.png
    2qk5nwo.png

Mist Forest

2dmbjpk.png
    2yl1ag5.png
    2v9yudg.png

Draest Cave

I can't remember if I've shown the 3 remaining towns in Serao. I might show that tomorrow.

:( No maps needed from me for a while :(

Well, at least I get to see them in screens! And Mist Forest does need mist. You should also replace that rock in the first screen with a cut tree.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • I am pleased with the advanced
    Of the hack but I think you should change the pallet, I n most of the goto.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Just checking in to see if there were any updates, and sadly, there isn't. Oh well, best of luck Thrace!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Cool this hack came along very good.
    Like to see some more awsome skilz of you XD.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    i found it quite hard to train, as the pokemons in route 5?(i think, the one south of latim city) are lvl 8+ and the trainers there have pokemons that are lvl 16.i need to grind to level up.

by the way, how do you get to the 2nd gym leader? the water one

Years
  • The new screenshots look very nice :D
    I really like this hack, with all of the original tiles and some editted [I also saw some nice new [house]tiles] Well I think this is an amazing hack!
    Can't wait to see more! BOL!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Impressive new screenshots, Thrace!

Like Time said, Mist Forest needs some mist. It will make the place look a lot less unoriginal.
    Draest Cave looks very nice. The Gible sprite may need some work, though.

I'm still working on those sprites you asked from me. I've been very busy. :x

Back