• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • What? The patch is now over 1MB??? WOW!

No, what I mean about the ledges is you make a half-step (using the block editor), which was what was in G/S/C.

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Hmm. Why is it bigger now.

Are the other bug fixers in this as well.

and on route 10 there is "blue screen" pokemon in the grass.

Years
  • Wow, I have no idea how that could have happened. I'm even more suprised that it wasn't reported earlier. Well anyway I've uploaded another beta 2 with that bug fixed. If you're wondering why its in a .zip file its because the patch is larger than 1MB.

Yo creator of the game, do you mind helping me out,
    im in route 4 and i go down and i see Gary and I talk to him, he tells me he wants to battle, so we're ready to goto the battle scene after that everything goes blank...

Also Ive noticed there's a HM01 down the ledge and when i try to get out Gary is blocking me, and that leaves me stuck

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    my screen freezes everytime I pick a pokemon in the beggining x_xdoes this happen to anyone else?

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    When does the beta end? I wanted to know because I have this thing that I would ask all the hack makers how far beta would go.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    What? The patch is now over 1MB??? WOW!

No, what I mean about the ledges is you make a half-step (using the block editor), which was what was in G/S/C.
    Yes thats right its over 9000!!! KB
    I'm pretty sure those are ledges in G/S/C these maps are based off the SG ones anyway and that has ledges.

Hmm. Why is it bigger now.

Are the other bug fixers in this as well.

and on route 10 there is "blue screen" pokemon in the grass.
    Grrr! I hate those, its fixed now though.

Yo creator of the game, do you mind helping me out,
    im in route 4 and i go down and i see Gary and I talk to him, he tells me he wants to battle, so we're ready to goto the battle scene after that everything goes blank...

Also Ive noticed there's a HM01 down the ledge and when i try to get out Gary is blocking me, and that leaves me stuck
    Just wait for a bit, I have no idea why but it can take up to a minute at times.

my screen freezes everytime I pick a pokemon in the beggining x_xdoes this happen to anyone else?
    Bad patch dude. Try another clean FR rom.

When does the beta end? I wanted to know because I have this thing that I would ask all the hack makers how far beta would go.
    It goes up to Palerose Town but you cannot fight the 5th gym leader.

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Is it worth updating my 2nd Fixed beta 2 to the new 1mb one?

I can't get past gary in front of the gym his bronzor always uses u

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Is it worth updating my 2nd Fixed beta 2 to the new 1mb one?

I can't get past gary in front of the gym his bronzor always uses u
    No not really, theres only a few mapping improvements, bug fixes and a couple of new tiles.

Hmm, I can't fix that yet... If you have it just move him out of the way with A-Map.

Years
  • Looks nice :D
    really like the big building from the screens.. haven't read the story yet gonna do that after I clock Post Quick Reply and then I'll edit this post later XD

:edit:
    Read the story the part in the yellowish thinghy was a bit hard to follow for me especially the last 2 lines XD
    But It's very epical well BOL!!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Looks nice :D
    really like the big building from the screens.. haven't read the story yet gonna do that after I clock Post Quick Reply and then I'll edit this post later XD

:edit:
    Read the story the part in the yellowish thinghy was a bit hard to follow for me especially the last 2 lines XD
    But It's very epical well BOL!!

Feeling pretty bored so I thought I would show some updates. It's the Safari Zone:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    Wow, I am very happy, that you use my sprites. The hack looks really nice and the thread is well structured, which makes me think, you really are doing a lot of work on this.
    Have Fun and I wrote a PM to you,
    Mike

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Genesis is looking better and better, dshayabusa. The Safari Zone looks very nice, as well.
    I like how you chose those wood cabins in, what it seems to be, the entrance.

That small cave opening past the water looks great, too.
    It makes me think about the Dragon's Den entrance in G/S/C.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I'm liking this hack, but I'm posting because I found 4 bugs :P
    I don't know if you know about these or not, but here they are:
    See attachments.

Back