• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
  • I just started playing through it and noticed something you may want to change.

In the intro, Oak introduces the rival as his grandson, but in your game, he is clearly not.
    I know it's only minor and probably been mentioned before but I thought I'd notify you anyway Thrace.

Good luck with the rest!

bigred245

King Of Rock
    Years
  • there is also a with the bag in the first town and first route that will crash the game hey and we can we be expecting the alpha or beta 4?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I just started playing through it and noticed something you may want to change.

In the intro, Oak introduces the rival as his grandson, but in your game, he is clearly not.
    I know it's only minor and probably been mentioned before but I thought I'd notify you anyway Thrace.

Good luck with the rest!
    That's because he hasn't changed it yet. That comes default in Pokémon FireRed, but thanks for notifying Thrace about that. You might want to change that, Thrace. XD

By the way, any updates or news? I'd like to see something new. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2020
    Uhh, sorry, im new here, and when i try to patch the firered rom, it says that the rom cannot be opened for writing. the patch has be cancelled. Anyone can help me?

darkflagrance

Boxquick
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I like this hack a lot. I do wish that there were elemental stones on sale at the Department Store, and that more shops sold Pokeballs (most things can be caught cheaply with just pokeballs, and it saves money in the long run.) I love the berry shop, by the way, and also the library.

Also, curious about the reasoning in delaying Mareep's evolution.

Some bugs:

beta301.png

North of Granite City, walk in the southernmost patch of grass and there will be a mess of pixels where Granite City should be.
    beta31.png

South of Granite City, the beach cliffs do not extend all the way to the left and right of the screen.
    beta32.png

At the ice city, the left forests can be walked through.

I remember I came across a male swimmer who turned the screen red and crashed the game south of Granite City, but I forgot to screen him.

Also, when I use teleport after having last used the Pokemon Center just outside the second cave, it teleports me to the middle of the snowfield south of the city with the third gym, allowing me to skip many things, including a rival battle.

Last edited:

darkflagrance

Boxquick
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    ^You used a rom with a header or some extra pieces that threw off the data. You need to get one from a different source.

UltimaLink007

Czechmate
    Years
  • I guess I suck or something. I FINALLY beat Mike, and I tried going south and ran into my rival. As soon as the battle starts, everything goes black. The music continues, but the game just stops on a black screen. I then went to the Library thinking I had to try something there, but I got into a battle against a camper with much higher leveled pokes and was severely thrashed...

I absolutely love this though, it's the most fun I've had with Pokemon since G/S/C. :D

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    POKéMON Genesis' creator, Thrace, has requested his hack thread to be opened. ;)

Good luck with this hack project, friend~

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Wow! I was told by James that you wanted nothing to do with Pokémon, I guess you do! Well good luck to you! This hack is so impressive, now I can't want to see it progress and get even better xD

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Awesome hack. I love it! especially the story.

Hope you never quit. Good luck with your hack.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Thanks everyone. I had sort of given up on Genesis for a while till yesterday when a certain PC member guilt tripped me into working on it again. >:[

Don't expect updates as often as I used to make them. I just don't have the same interest in Pokemon (or hacking for that matter) that I had before. I wanted to show some updates but they're not quite ready yet.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Well would you look at that. Good ol' Genesis is back.
    Hopefully we'll get to see some nice updates one of these days. Best of luck to you :)

Shinigami*

KEEP SILENT :X
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2009
    question..
    why does my screen turns into the GBA.. then it hangs.. i don't understand why.
    pls help me..

Back