• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    This hack is quite awesome but i found few bugs(not sure whether people have already reported it)

1) U cant use the bicycle voucher

2) In poke mart near 2nd gym(water) no super potion,poke ball or great ball available .If all ur pokemon are of around level 20 max why to waste money on hyper potion

3)when u talk to ur father in granite city and he asks if u believe him or not the game becomes all glitchy on psp emulator but works fine on vba

4)U said u inserted some 4th gen pokemon but are they catachable?i have seen gym leaders and opponent using it but where can we find one?

5) the berry shop is great but they should have different price if u can get sitrius berry for $20 who will buy the potions??

Lastly about evolutions does trade evolutions work normally or have u changed like linkandzelda did in liquid crystal(no comparison just simple question)

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Thrace would you have any qualms of me doing a blind video playthrough up to where the beta version of the hack ends?

Seriously, it's always polite to ask first.

And when it's finished I'll probably do another playthrough.
    Yeah sure, I wouldn't mind.

Just a quick question:

Are all evolving levels and need to evolve the same?

eg. with haunter on firered you have to trade it to evolve it. Is this the same on genesis? also Trapinch's evolve leel is 30 is this the same on Genesis?
    No Pokemon evolve by trading. The starters all evolve at lvl24.

I like the hack so far, just got through the first cave. The only big problem I have is the first gym. The pokemon used only super effective moves against my spheal and I had to grind a bunch of levels in the grass to get an ice move. I still only finished with 2 hp left. Other than that, the hack is good. A bit easy so far after the gym.
    Yeah I might change some of the Pokemon there around.

it would be nicer if you could change the sprite on trainer card to look like the player and the minisprite on gym leader if i remember right first its erika's
    Yeah that'll be done eventually.

Hey I'm new here and saw this hack an immediatly downloaded it as it looks amazing. Anyway I have seemed to discover a problem that no-one else has in that when my Zigzagoon picked up a rare candy I tried to sell it at the Pokemart in the town where the first gym is however the mart will but it off of you for 0 Pokedollars instead of its normal amount in the real games. Just thought I'd tell you know so you can hopefully fix it at some point
    Thanks for that I'll fix it soon.

What?
    The beta? Buggy?
    No way!
    Yeah... it is.

This hack is quite awesome but i found few bugs(not sure whether people have already reported it)

1) U cant use the bicycle voucher

2) In poke mart near 2nd gym(water) no super potion,poke ball or great ball available .If all ur pokemon are of around level 20 max why to waste money on hyper potion

3)when u talk to ur father in granite city and he asks if u believe him or not the game becomes all glitchy on psp emulator but works fine on vba

4)U said u inserted some 4th gen pokemon but are they catachable?i have seen gym leaders and opponent using it but where can we find one?

5) the berry shop is great but they should have different price if u can get sitrius berry for $20 who will buy the potions??

Lastly about evolutions does trade evolutions work normally or have u changed like linkandzelda did in liquid crystal(no comparison just simple question)
    1) No one else has reported that problem but I'll check it out.
    2) Thats strange I might have got them mixed up.
    3) Not sure why but I have no way to test it so I can't fix it.
    4) No they aren't. They are only obtainable via events and evolution
    5) Yeah I'll change that eventually. I'll probably remove the berry shop altogether and replace it with a rare item shop with some berries.

Sorry for neglecting this thread for so long, I can't believe my last post here was 3 pages ago and its still active. I'm working on it again very slowly, not sure when I'll have updates, I want to make improvements to what I've already done before working on new stuff. Thanks for all the support guys!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    This hack is great! I found a small movement error right before Frostpen city. You can walk into these trees (My head is kind of in one):

frigger908

I love pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2010
    This has freezing issues when you are doing the "Recap" thing when you load file. Specifically this happens on the PSP but i have never had problems with it before. It also freezes elsewhere but I can't remember.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Nice to see your still working on this Malin.

Good luck, I hope it goes well.

Is Serao going to have a Cycling Road?

(BTW, Aren't we going to be able to go to Johto in this hack? If so, how much will be accessible).

Startaex

Vongola Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    I noticed an odd glitch when you fight the rival the 2nd time during the OW to a pokemon battle transition the screen stays black after the little pokeballs go across the screen...

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    Hey there, this is the third hack I've played and I'm enjoying my little team. I started with Trapinch because Flygon is one of my favorite Pokemon. For those having trouble with the first gym, definitely get a Taillow. I got by with Peck, though a little grinding will get you Wing Attack. My other pokes are Lombre, Charizard, and Machoke.

There's a couple game breaking bugs I came across. I apologize if it was already mentioned, I don't really feel like reading through 18 pages o_O.

-When fighting the rival in the town with the boat (sorry, haven't memorized the names yet and I don't have a town map for reference), his Bronzor knows a move that is just gibberish and it makes the game unplayable.

-There is a swimmer south of the area where you receive Surf. He's one of the first swimmers you come across on the right area of the screen. He just speaks gibberish which also makes the game unplayable. At this point I was saving the game just before every trainer in case they also froze the game, ha ha.

Also just a few comments. I try talking to every NPC in every town but haven't found a map. Does this beta not have the map yet? I didn't go back to the library in that one town when the first trainer I talked to have level 25 Pokemon (when mine were just barely level 20), but I saw a post where someone mentioned glitched trainers. I assume that the Dusknoir in the last gym just hadn't had its sprite inserted yet. Also, a couple NPC's refer to your character as "son" or "sonny" regardless of gender.

Anyway, other than those problems, I'm enjoying the hack. I like that the character's dad is playing an important role, I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out. I am in love with Lombre and Machoke (who hits like a brick wall, can't wait 'til he evolves). I was a little disappointed that there were no evolution stones yet, but oh well. My favorite gym was the ghost and normal one, it has a brilliant concept. I also appreciate the caves being shorter and more interesting (wild Charmander, omg). Great job so far, Thrace!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hey Thrace for some reoson i cant pick a starter
    Could you describe what happens when you try to?

This hack is great! I found a small movement error right before Frostpen city. You can walk into these trees (My head is kind of in one):
    Thanks I fixed that a long time ago.

This has freezing issues when you are doing the "Recap" thing when you load file. Specifically this happens on the PSP but i have never had problems with it before. It also freezes elsewhere but I can't remember.
    I'm not providing support for GBA emulators on the PSP.

Nice to see your still working on this Malin.

Good luck, I hope it goes well.

Is Serao going to have a Cycling Road?

(BTW, Aren't we going to be able to go to Johto in this hack? If so, how much will be accessible).
    No I don't think so, why would it have a Cycling Road?

I don't know if I will include Johto actually. The reason I wanted to do that was because I needed places to put all the remaining legendaries. If I do have Johto it won't have much events outside of ones to do with legendaries. It definitely won't be in the next beta.

I noticed an odd glitch when you fight the rival the 2nd time during the OW to a pokemon battle transition the screen stays black after the little pokeballs go across the screen...
    Yeah that happens because of some problems with the Pokemon data after Metagross. The data is all screwed up, I might end up having to repoint the whole table.

Hey there, this is the third hack I've played and I'm enjoying my little team. I started with Trapinch because Flygon is one of my favorite Pokemon. For those having trouble with the first gym, definitely get a Taillow. I got by with Peck, though a little grinding will get you Wing Attack. My other pokes are Lombre, Charizard, and Machoke.

There's a couple game breaking bugs I came across. I apologize if it was already mentioned, I don't really feel like reading through 18 pages o_O.

-When fighting the rival in the town with the boat (sorry, haven't memorized the names yet and I don't have a town map for reference), his Bronzor knows a move that is just gibberish and it makes the game unplayable.

-There is a swimmer south of the area where you receive Surf. He's one of the first swimmers you come across on the right area of the screen. He just speaks gibberish which also makes the game unplayable. At this point I was saving the game just before every trainer in case they also froze the game, ha ha.

Also just a few comments. I try talking to every NPC in every town but haven't found a map. Does this beta not have the map yet? I didn't go back to the library in that one town when the first trainer I talked to have level 25 Pokemon (when mine were just barely level 20), but I saw a post where someone mentioned glitched trainers. I assume that the Dusknoir in the last gym just hadn't had its sprite inserted yet. Also, a couple NPC's refer to your character as "son" or "sonny" regardless of gender.

Anyway, other than those problems, I'm enjoying the hack. I like that the character's dad is playing an important role, I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out. I am in love with Lombre and Machoke (who hits like a brick wall, can't wait 'til he evolves). I was a little disappointed that there were no evolution stones yet, but oh well. My favorite gym was the ghost and normal one, it has a brilliant concept. I also appreciate the caves being shorter and more interesting (wild Charmander, omg). Great job so far, Thrace!
    1) Thats caused by the same problem in the quote above.
    2) Thanks for that. Not sure why no one else reported this.
    3) Thanks for that, I'll get the beta testers to note those people and I'll fix that before I release the next beta which btw will include the girl.

2q9xeo7.png

Thats the first version of the heroine OWs I'd like to know what people think of her. Credit to Houndoomed for the original OWs. She has to have black hair btw, its a pretty important thing. And her hair is supposed to look weird, thats also pretty important.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I would like to offer some advice, though you probably shouldn't take it because of my lack of experience, but I think it's time to do something with this game to just make it stand above all, something that will just glue someones eyes to it, whatever that may be.

Good job with keeping to it though :)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Those are some very nice overworlds, Thrace. But the only things that bother me are that the front-facing sprites' legs looks like they're standing out, and the side-facing sprites' look like there's something pointy coming out of her pants! (Umm... xD) Just maybe some tweaks to make it look better.

jksa893

Playing Soul Silver
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    There's 1 thing that bugs me at fixed beta 3...
    When it comes to Latim city, all trainers' Pokemon become at Level 28-34

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • There's 1 thing that bugs me at fixed beta 3...
    When it comes to Latim city, all trainers' Pokemon become at Level 28-34

In the national library? If so, then avoid, I believe Thrace knows this and has intentionally done this. :3

Back