• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: GlitterGold

How do you think the game is moving along?

• Excellent!

Votes: 79 56.8%
  • Great!

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Good.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Not so well...

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Not too great...

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Lance knows the problems with the Day and Night System and the custom graphics actually look great!

An example pls?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • ^Hmm, what exactly do you mean by trying to "keep the tile-by tile layout the same"? Do you mean how it's trying to be like the original Mahogany Town? To be honest, I don't really see a problem with how Mahogany turned out to look like. If anything, there may've been a problem with that guardhouse up there. As for the Day/Night in caves, I could've sworn I fixed that problem. Oh well, that's something to get to fixin' for the next release. ^_^

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
    Years
  • RSEFRLG has a "looser" style, so to speak- more organic and smooth than GSC's mapping style, which was limited by hardware of the time. In GSC, things were expected to look like a grid. In RSEFRLG, no more- maps LOOKED organic, even if they WERE still grids. Don't take it personally, just trying to help.

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    I dont want to interrupt yr fighitng and all...but..Lance, any new updates? are your Exams still on?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Heh, sorry, but no updates yet (my Finals started on Monday, and after this coming Tuesday, I have a bunch of Regents exams to take, so...). I'm still trying to get the gist of what Pingu did on the CBS so I know how to add onto it. In the command list for the bag items in the Database, for example, he added comments saying what I should do, so I'm gonna follow him on that. Problem is, I don't know where I should copy/paste the codes on there, like if it should be a continuing branch or a new branch. Maybe I should ask him what is meant there...

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Yeah u should.

And Gd Luck on yr exams!

Cant wait to get the beta to test!

PS: Lance, I may not be here next week if u send the Beta to us as I'll be one a holiday, I 'll be back on Friday Night.

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    Lance the bag system is the uncompleted part i mentiond that before i think, but im still working on it

Years
  • How do you guys do this? I mean.. it's rpgmaker 2003, how are you making the bag system? I mean.. I know how you make the battle system, it aint too hard, but the bag system. Blehh I'm so confused lol.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • @Pingu: So I just copy/paste the codes under the comment line saying to do so in the Database? And as for the battles, do I copy the coding on the Trainers you put on Route 29 for every trainer in the game?

Heh, thanks for wishin' me luck on my tests, guys. ^_^

And on a random note which has made my day, I've been doing so well in my Technology class that I think I lucked out in getting 2 tickets to Wednesday night's Yankees game against the Diamondbacks. I've already planned to give the other ticket to my best friend. It's gonna be "super-special-awesome!"! :D lol

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    yeah for the trainers and just add the things for different trainers, also the bag, i didn't know i made anything in the tut for it yet, if I did ignore it cos it doesn't work yet. (although potion might)

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Don't worry: next to "BAG", it says "to be added!". ^_^ BTW, how did you get the names for Chikorita and the others that'll be used in the CBS (the names they have in the games with their HP nearby in battles)? 'Cause I'm about to rip them all from my ROM to add to the coding.

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    i typed it up with a pokemon font on paint, so if you rip it you may need to change the coordinates that display names abit, im not sure...

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    im just wondering how your coming along with putting battles and stuff into the game. Also it would be a good idea for me to add the bag into the version with the battles and not the one without. Should i wait for that or put it in the current version?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Well, due to my tests and stuff, I haven't been able to work much on it. As a matter of fact, I was about to ask you to PM me the font you used for the Pokémon names on the CBS, since the fonts I have for both Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen are too big.

So, yeah, guys, not much progress to warrant an update, unfortunately. On the plus side, since my summer break started today, I should have plenty of time to work on it, aside from my *hopefully* upcoming trip to Connecticut to see my bros...and the slight possibility of me having a summer job...

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    dang, a job. that always reduces time to do other things. but on the up side, jobs offer money, and money is good. lol.

good to know your still working on it though.

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    i just remembered it was the same for me so this is how I did it (im pretty sure)

1. Download a GBA emulator
    2. Get a pokemon Ruby/ Saphire rom
    3. load it up and get into a battle with the wanted pokemon
    4. Printscreen and paste onto paint
    5. crop the desired name onto a new image

3. You may need a rom hacking tool which can change pokemon names to anyname in order to get diamond pokemon names

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    i have the font, in a rip. I cant quite remember where i got it but i think its from the spriters resources i remember recoloring it for the right font tho so it might be the normal black and grey color. I think its the font you are looking for.

pokemonbattlenamesoe9.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back