• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Glowing Silver

Do you like the Idea of going to Hoenn instead of Kanto?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Sorry I haven't updated, School started again for me today so I won't be hacking as much, but I'm not giving up on this, all right now to answer questions:

what will be the starters? kanto, johto or hoenn?
    They will be Johto, since this is a Silver Remake.

Hey cool hack!

Keep working on it!

But i have a question...

It will have DIVING sea like in R/S?
    I don't think it will, but I will make new areas for the lack of being able to Dive.

nice job!this looks great!though,will
    you be using new tiles?

No, I tried to it messed up the rom, I'm lucky I made a Back-up, but I might add tiles for the Tin-Tower, etc.

Hey Cartman, I found a few minor problems.

1. The Poochyena you recieve in Cherrygrove has a dex number of ???, this is because the player doesn't have the national dex yet. Will you get the national dex at the start like in Shiny Gold?

You will get the National Dex only in a Different way.

Also I see people have been saying in there sigs they support this hack but there are no banners, so I got bored and made one:

And the HTML/IMG code to put in in your sig.
    HTML:
    [url="http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=102396"][IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x43/FurankiPkmnMaster/GlowingSilverBanner.png[/IMG][/url]
    I'll put this on the first post too.

To jj_olli: I made changes to Justin, only the eyes and Hair color. The eyes because having Brandon's eyes on a kid Trainer looks kinda odd, also I changed his Hair color so I can Index the sprite.

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
    Years
  • You can't fit three regions, the only areas in kanto that are staying will be Routes 27, 28 23, Indigo Plateau.

Only reason these are in is because they link to places in Johto.

What if you got a rom expander? There is a thread that thinks it is possible.

showthread.php?t=87472

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2008
    This is a great idea. Also I have a few GSC revamps that you can use if you like. I am going to help in any way I can. Also If you want I can revamp hoenn to fr so it will fit the style better.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    What if you got a rom expander? There is a thread that thinks it is possible.

showthread.php?t=87472

yes, i saw this thread, and I even asked zel... and he said that it's a difficult thing to do.., for it might make the ROM crash.

Also, he said that Kike-Scott was the first one who used and was successful..

(Uh-oh.., I'm off-topic here...)

This hack is cool... (i think I've said that already...)

Anyways, keep it up and aim high! Happy hacking! ^^

cpsp

Hack Lover
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2015
    will you be able to complete the pokedex in this (including the starters)?

i have an idea. you could keep the sprite and battle gold like red at the end.

once again, 5 star

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    For now here is the only update, Falkner, sorry guys I'm paying more attention to school so yeah...
    Vs.Falkner.png

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    All right, jj_olli that's awesome to know, well for now I'm editing the Elite Four.

jj_olli

It's coming...
    Years
  • Cartman maps Hoenn, I map Johto, we're full, but maybe you can map special maps, just maybe, send a pm to Cartman. I think he will say you what he thinks.

.Brendan

Years
  • Weird, Kanto with Fire Red graphics.

Love the mapping, they're great, Especially route 203
    I think you should use the Sevii islands as Johto, itll be Cool, I can help with the Mapping, but you wont need any help, you're great.

~Brendan~

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
    Years
  • Cartman nice job. I'm really interested in this hack and how it looks. Good luck on the Hoenn/Johto project.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    All right I have the Elite Four Done, well there Intro Speeches, Sprites and Teams.

I also did something new for each member... I decided to replace one of each members teams Pokemon with a Pokemon from Hoenn with the Same type. If you guys want me to I'll post screens.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • If you need mapping assistance I don't start school until Tuesday September 4th

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    All right... Here are the fricken screens I promised:

Also as I Said each member gets a Hoenn Pokemon of there types.

Will:
    Will1.png

(Credit to zel for the sprite)

Will2.png

(Will's Gardevoir - Replaces His Second Xatu)

Koga2.png

(I revamped his old GSC sprite I had to get rid of the cape to get it to work right)

Koga1.png

(Koga's Seviper - Replaces his Muk)

Koga3.png

(I didn't change his Crobat, but I revamped the Silver one with the DP type of shading/Lightsoure)

Bruno1.png

(Credit to zel for the sprite)

Bruno2.png

(Bruno's Hariyama - Replaces Machamp)

Karen1.png

(I revamped her GSC sprite with the colors zel used for his Karen Sprite)

Karen2.png

(Karen's Absol - Replaces Vileplume)

Lance1.png

(The Champion Lance)

Lance2.png

(Lance's Salamence - Replaces one of his Lv. 47 Dragonites)

Also I'm not in the best mood right now here's why:

I went to a Football game and I got my Middle Finger on my Right Hand cut up, because my Brothers and my friend were hanging out with another kid, and the other kid thought it would be funny to trap me in a porter potty, When I almost got out than he close the Fricken door on my Hand and My hand is still hurts a lot and that was about an 2 hours ago. Plus the team I was rooting for lost...

Also to EvilWii:
    Stop asking if I'll accept you as a mapper I haven't even seen your maps.

Plus I already have two mapper's jj_olli - Mapping Johto and 2 locations in Hoenn, and *~*TwiLiTeDaRkRai*~* who is helping me map Hoenn in fact he made Mauville City for me and it's all Ready in the game.

Also don't worry I'm not quitting, but I'm not going to get far if I don't have a scripter...
    If you can script and want to help could you PM me.

Also I added a few cameo's from other Pokemon Games such as Dawn from Diamond and Pearl she is in Littleroot Town.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back