• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Play Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
Years
  • I have had quite the eventfulll first day!

Installed this app together with my brother, after that, we needed to do some shopping in a nearby city.
    Caught around 43 pokémons, including Dratini, Staryu, Magickarp (for that potential) and Slowbro.

After that, went back to my own town, caught some extra mons, and then proceeded to claim 2 gyms, and setting it up.

When the other people in our town start the game, there will be 4 different gyms the can challenge:
    -The Staryu Gym (AKA library), owned by us. Basicly 2 high level staryus.
    -The noob Gyms (AKA central square), owned by us. 2 trash pokémons on it, so people have an easy first challenge
    -The Raticate gym (AKA train station), owned by someone else.
    -Unknown gym, was too far away.

Having a lot of fun with the game so far!

Current team setup:
    - Dratini
    - Pidgeotto
    - Staryu
    - Koffing
    - Ratata (with dig)
    - Slowbro

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Caught a caterpie before the servers went down. Wasn't planning on heading out today, but it ends up that I have to anyone. I've been assuming since the first release was only suppose to be for Japan/ Aus/ NZ, they weren't expecting people to get their hands on it from USA/UK - that's why the servers are down? That or they're preparing for the rest of the world to release~

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Had heaps of fun with this yesterday! Was at a summit for work and a bunch of us were catching Pokemon from uni to a restaurant in the city lol. Took a while to work out how to catch Pokemkn though haha. Best catches so far are Pinsir and Ekans imo. Almost at Lv 5 so can check out like the rest of the game lol. Only issue is the app reaaaally drains battery life.

Years
  • Despite the servers being down I was able to log on and choose my starter, haven't been able to log on since I closed the app though. It's so cool seeing some places in my town identified as PokeStops. Well it's almost midnight here in the UK and with the servers being down I'll have to wait until the morning to explore further. Tomorrow's gonna be a great day :)

Years
  • Started the app, went through a few names I wanted to use but of course they were taken agh. What else should I have expected.

Named myself JannaSheep and begun my Pok?mon adventure with Bulbasaur! Caught Zubat and Spearow in my room, then Koffing downstairs. Then I decided to brave the heat and go outside despite there being a severe heat warning. :D Used up an incense and found a few Rattata but the game froze trying to catch them each time. Servers are really unstable atm, gonna try again tomorrow cause I can barely connect right now.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Got the app up and running this evening, then got myself a Charmander as my starter. Caught a couple more in my living room, with a Rattata in my office.

Guys. Like. I don't want rats in my house, okay. This app is scaring me.

Hika421

Hex Maniac
    Years
  • Used some incense to get to level 2. Got some Paras, Rattata, and of course, a Squirtle at first. Lots of Points of Interest near my house, but I'm going on a trip to San Fran tomorrow.

If you see a Hika421 at a gym, 'tis I.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Here are some highlights of play time so far

- Downloaded the game
    - Caught Squirtle on my kitchen counter
    - Went outside and attempted to catch a Zubat but game crashed
    - reloaded and kept walking, found a Squirtle
    - Caught said Squirtle
    - Caught Paras
    - Caught Krabby
    - Caught a zillion Pidgey and Zubat
    - Caught a Weedle
    - Caught a Golbat
    - Powered up Squirtle, Krabby and Golbat
    - caught a Spearow and powered it up
    - Evolved my Pidgey into Pidgeotto and powered it up from there
    - Caught a Gastly
    - Tried to catch Hypno but it ran away :(

Hopefully I can find another Hypno to redeem myself and catch a bunch more Spearow, Weedle and Pidgey so I can power up and evolve them

2000 EXP until level 5 and then Team Mystic here I come!

Have two gyms right in the middle of my college campus so its gonna be crazy when school starts, better set myself up as the leader before the insanity happens

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm so sad right now

I was looking around earlier and there was an unclaimed gym pretty close to my house, but it was getting kinda dark out so I was like "cool, I'll check it out tomorrow". 10 minutes later, claimed by some blue team asshole. >:(

Anyway, all I did since I downloaded the app was walk around the block with my dog (and picked Charmander starter), caught:
    - Clefairy
    - Pidgey
    - Zubat (these guys are hard to catch, wasted so many Pokeballs)
    - Eevee
    - Weedle (in my house, lol)

And I checked out two stops, which were literally just a mural on the side of a building and an electrical box - found an egg and some Pokeballs. :)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Didn't catch much since my app was glitching the entire day (mosty caught a lot of copies)

Caught
    Pokémon GO Play Journal
    Pokémon GO Play Journal
    x2
    Pokémon GO Play Journal
    Pokémon GO Play Journal

Encountered
    Pokémon GO Play Journal
    Pokémon GO Play Journal

Super mad that my phone froze just as I was about to throw a pokeball at dratini.

Just a note to anyone who does want to evolve their eevee - Heads up! At this point in time you cannot choose what eeveeloution your eevee evolves into. When it evolves, it'll evolve into one of the three at random.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Just downloaded and started playin'. I know i'm a bit late, but that ain't my fault. I logged in with my trainer club acc. and chose little charmander which had succesfully climbed and was sitting on my study table. Suddenly, my mum came inside my room, and was mad to see me surrounded by pokemons. She fussed over me so much that i had to leave my phone at once and start preparing for my upcoming exams. I'll be freshly continuing it tomorrow.

Years
  • Reached lvl4 by just sittinjg in the house and catching pokemon.Now thinking where to go first lots of potential spots there are around my places.Btw the pokemarts here are in the temples.Where do you people have pokemarts at?

Years
  • First experience playing Pokemon Go outside of my house:
    Walked out the door
    Locked the door
    Simultaneously dropped my phone
    Smashed part of the screen

I had to shrug off the sadness (considering I got this phone less than a week ago) and went exploring, I managed to get enough Weedle candies to evolve it into Kakuna. Managed to find a Shellder, Pidgey and Zubat too. Gonna go up the fields later and try and find some more :)

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Just got to a lake nearby and managed to catch myself a staryu after missing 4 balls (i'm really bad at aiming). Then, I caught an eevee and a weedle. Such a lot of pidgeys.. omg!! No worries, I caught each one of them(well, almost). Got some pidgey candies, but not much.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
  • On my second day, I finally hit Level 5 and claimed a few gyms. Late last night, my brother looked and told me that my gym was taken over which surprised me since I had it past 9 PM last night. I'll probably walk around the neighborhood and around the shopping plaza today to catch some Pokemon and maybe finally evolve my Pidgeotto

Years
  • Just returned from my first big adventure with Pokemon GO. Managed to catch quite a few of the same Pokemon and I am so close to evolving my Pidgey and Rattata now. I also caught a Venonat and a Caterpie to add to my team.

I've been going round these fields for years but Pokemon Go allowed me to discover a nice pond area I've never seen before, I was hoping to find some cool water types there but no such luck.

Years
  • Anyone else feeling really bummed out about this game?

I can barely play. It goes down constantly, won't let me login in because of downtime, won't even indicate to me when it has gone down so I could be wasting my time outside finding nothing thinking it's just unlucky when the servers aren't working... it's so lame.

This is supposed to be a lot of fun, a great adventure and honestly it's just... not. I really hope they fix these issues but looking at the developer, I doubt they will. :/

I think that the small white pokeball at the top left of the screen that kind of does a weird spinning motion indicates that you're not connected to their server. I've never caught anything while that's up and it also wouldn't let me use an incense while it was up either. As soon as it vanished I started catching again and it let me use the incense. Although that may only be while the servers are up and it can't locate you or something. I've only really had trouble with this when I first downloaded it although I've only really used it for a few hours in total.

So far the only thing I've run into that I don't like is that there's not a single gym, or pokespot anywhere within sight of my house, and if it's like ingress, there won't be one within walking distance unless I walk across or down the highway (none of the roads near me have sidewalks so walking while looking at my phone on the side of the highway is basically like asking to be hit by a car). So eventually I'm going to run out of pokeballs and there won't be any way of getting more without paying or driving somewhere. Honestly it should just randomly generate the pokespots and gyms on the sides of roads in areas where there aren't any just so people who don't live in the cities can actually play. Either that or compensate us by giving us rarer pokemon or something.

I am quite curious how it'll handle me being on a boat this weekend. Hopefully I can catch some pretty cool water types and maybe even evolve my squirtle.

Hika421

Hex Maniac
    Years
  • Pokemon Trainer Club authentication has been down all day, so I unfortunately.... haven't been able to do anything all day. Hopefully things will be OK soon. I don't want to start all over with a Google account.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I was also having major server issues earlier today, but it was resolved by the evening and it turned out to be a pretty productive Go day. :P Caught at least 50 Pokemon today (not all different, of course, tons of Pidgeys and Rattatas - gonna have enough candies to evolve my Pidgeotto), reached level 7, and hatched a 5km egg (Sandshrew)!

Notable catches today:
    - Nidoran (? & ?)
    - Nidorino ?
    - Horsea
    - Gastly
    - Psyduck
    - Tauros
    - Shellder
    - Koffing
    - a CP235 Kingler! Gonna be hitting up some Gyms with this guy.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Well I caught a Pidgeot today, so that was pretty neat

Joined Team Mystic after aformentioned capture

Then game crashed again...

Once it came back though, I went for a drive and caught an eevee, Clefairy, evolved a Zubat into a strong Golbat (for my level), a bellsprout and a nidoran amongst the typical Zubat and Pidgey

Currently there are gyms with Kingler, Electabuzz, Scyther, Pidgeot, and even an Aerodactyl!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back