• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Play Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • Update

- Managed to catch a Lapras whilst on the way to work. It took a Razz Berry and a bunch of Pokeballs to catch. It is now my strongest Pokémon.
    - Caught a Meowth, Bellsprout and two Diglett.
    - Hatched a Bellsprout and an Oddish and had another run away from me.

Current Level - 11
    Strongest Pokémon - Lapras
    Gyms taken over - 1

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • When I go out specifically for Go there's hardly anything new, but when I'm going to work, there's a Tentacool, a Jigglypuff and Team Valor recaptured the gym I took AGAIN. There's so many Valor players around here, Mystic and Instinct can hardly ever hold down a gym. I was glad to see that Mystic managed to take over the gym in the pub though! I also saw Instinct take over a previously Valor gym in the middle of town, which is a rare sight.

I hatched a Mankey and a Sandshrew today, and I'm working on more of my many 5k eggs.

Years
  • I went to take down a yellow gym today. It had 4 fairly strong Pokemon, including the strongest which was about 200+ higher than my strongest. But I whittled it down. About halfway through this someone walking her dog stops by and stands around. As soon as I claim the gym she starts attacking it. Turns out she was a lvl. 20 red team and she put a 1700+ Gyarados on the gym.

I'm not sore about losing the gym, but at least she could have jumped in and helped while I fought the gym by myself if she was just going to claim it for herself.

But I forgot about all that when I hatched a 1004 cp Magmar.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Walked around the village for 2 hours today, got a few eggs from PokéStops and did some gym battling - managed to take control of the gym for all of about 5 minutes until it was taken over by stupid Team Valor :(

Hatched: Weedle
    Caught: Spearow, Poliwag x2, Pidgeotto, Goldeen, Zubat x5, Pidgey x5, Rattata x4, Caterpie, Drowzee, Meowth, Weedle x8, Krabby, Paras x2, Ekans, Onix (woo!), Eevee x2, Goldeen

Also got three eggs on the go with 2, 5 and 10 KM for them. And found a Koffing for the first time but it ran away :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Today I spent several hours walking around with a friend playing Pokemon Go! I was able to take over a gym for the first time, thanks to the assistance of some other people playing who we saw. I hatched multiple eggs thanks to all the walking we were doing. I also got to evolve 2 Evees which were a Vaporeon and a Jolteon. On the way home, I saw a wild Flareon and with several attempts (and berries) I was able to catch it!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Today was amazing.

There was a special "PokeRaid" event at Hermann Park in downtown Houston. Thousands of people gathered, and we all hunted down for Pokemon. It was incredible.

I was able to hunt down a few Eevees, enough for me to evolve one of them into Jolteon, which is my absolute favorite Eeveelution. <3

Hatched a couple 2k eggs, as well. Goes to show that I walked a ton today. I hatched a Mankey, a Zubat, and a Venonat.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Im halfway through level 9 with 16 pokeballs left and no pokemon (first game you can ditch them all!). Starting to sweat a bit if I run out how will I dominate the world for the glory of team rocket?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Didn't see much on my trip down town today. I did access the three pokestops a couple of times though.

Also I hatched one of my 5km eggs and it was a Diglett! Also I picked up a 10km egg from one of the pokestops. Pretty interesting since it's only my 4th egg. Are they rare? Aside from the Diglett I didn't get any new Pokemon, although I did catch a pretty strong (for my level at least) Drowzee.

Also the two gyms in my town were owned by Valor yesterday but at the moment they're both owned by Instinct. (yay!) I was going to check out to see if I could train a Pokemon there but my Pokemon Go connection failed and I couldn't log back in.

Edit: Had another opportunity to go into town today so I took it, although it was in a car so I didn't get much benefit for my eggs. The two gyms were taken back by Valor (I attempted to fight the gym but I got thrashed, I did lower their prestige by 500 though) and I managed to catch a Nidoran Male.

Also I saw a guy who was in my class in secondary school with his phone out at the second pokestop, at first I didn't think too much of it but then when I was coming back from the last pokespot he was walking back the way he had come. (so it looked like he had gone to the first pokestop and headed straight back)

It's pretty surreal if he really was playing Pokemon Go.

Last edited:

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • This is where my update would have been if I wasn't having server issues :( I managed to play for about an hour before the server packed up.

I woke up this morning to find my village dominated by Instinct, where it was Mystic the night before. There went my steady income of Poke Coins...

On the plus side, I caught a few new Pokemon today, including a Krabby!

Years
  • Last night was one of the best yet. Mostly because we finally corrected my wife's phone/GPS issues and she's now able to play the game flawlessly. She was power leveling and I was looking for new things (and reaching lvl 18).

I got an Electabuzz and a Geodude as my highlights and I was ridiculously thrilled for both (especially Electabuzz as it was a 697 CP wild). Got a lot closer to evolution goals on Victreebell, Nidoking, and Veniplume.

Years
  • Didn't see much on my trip down town today. I did access the three pokestops a couple of times though.

Also I hatched one of my 5km eggs and it was a Diglett! Also I picked up a 10km egg from one of the pokestops. Pretty interesting since it's only my 4th egg. Are they rare? Aside from the Diglett I didn't get any new Pokemon, although I did catch a pretty strong (for my level at least) Drowzee.

Also the two gyms in my town were owned by Valor yesterday but at the moment they're both owned by Instinct. (yay!) I was going to check out to see if I could train a Pokemon there but my Pokemon Go connection failed and I couldn't log back in.

Edit: Had another opportunity to go into town today so I took it, although it was in a car so I didn't get much benefit for my eggs. The two gyms were taken back by Valor (I attempted to fight the gym but I got thrashed, I did lower their prestige by 500 though) and I managed to catch a Nidoran Male.

Also I saw a guy who was in my class in secondary school with his phone out at the second pokestop, at first I didn't think too much of it but then when I was coming back from the last pokespot he was walking back the way he had come. (so it looked like he had gone to the first pokestop and headed straight back)

It's pretty surreal if he really was playing Pokemon Go.

What do you mean? Why would it be surreal?

Hika421

Hex Maniac
    Years
  • Walked 2.5 km yesterday in my neighborhood. Met up with someone from my sister's school, caught Pokemon, and got wrecked by gyms.

The strangest thing was, we'd leave a gym, look at it, and see that the color had changed! On /r/PokemonGO, many suburban players (justifyingly) complain. I'm really lucky to have a neighborhood sprinkled with little parks.

Years
  • I got like 8 or 9 Eevees yesterday. I was looking for Pokemon I didn't have already and didn't find any, but that's a pretty good catch. And right before going home I got a 1010 CP Pinsir.

And then I had an egg hatch and it was a Zubat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • And then I had an egg hatch and it was a Zubat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Ew. ]:

Haven't done much in GO today, but when I loaded it up this morning there was a Cubone just waiting for me to catch. :D I was super excited because up until now I've only been able to hatch them. Here's hoping more Cubone's decide to pay my apartment a visit.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    What do you mean? Why would it be surreal?

Well because when I was secondary school (and even in primary school) I didn't really know anyone who was into playing Pokemon. So it's just strange to see somebody I know possibly playing it.

That's all.

Years
  • Hey guys, we now have a subforum for chronicling your adventures in Pokémon GO! Stop by there and make a journal thread if you want to log your travels and captures. That means this thread's not necessary since people can create their own threads over there now.

Have fun. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back