• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Gray - y/n? [ #20 ]

Pokémon Gray, yesss, nooo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Pokémon Gray - y/n? [ #20 ]

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Yay! I subconsciously gave to a poll idea xD

There will be a third version to Black and White. Maybe it won't be called Gre/ay, sucks, I like that name, or maybe it won't be on the DS platform anymore but on the 3DS, but they will be one, there just has to be.

And this contradicts another interview stating that there will be a third installment to Unova.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's a bit too early predict, even pokejungle and serebii were saying there is a japanese interview that mentions a third version going more in depth into N.

Were they ever asked about third versions in the past? Maybe their brief is to deny everything even if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Kweh, Black and White had lots of flaws. If it's true, GameFreak is arrogant and thinks it's the best Pokemon game they made. I wouldn't mind to buy a game again just to see a better version of it. Also, they do it with every Pokemon game. Why would they stop here?
    I believe that the possibilities of Grey are the same as before. I still think it's 70% a lie, so nothing changed for me.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    DDD;;;;;

NOOOOOOOOOO!!

I hope this news is wrong... or they change their minds... Seriously, there are ALWAYS third games ;__________________;;

Hopefully there will be one on the 3DS then later...

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Yeah, I really don't mind. xDD;;
    Sure, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum are great, but I'm happy with just BW. Then again, GF might change their minds. Like Square-Enix Japan did with FFXIII not being on the X360.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I would be very surprised if there wasn't a third game. I think they're only saying there won't be one to stop people waiting for it instead of buying B/W on its release.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I would be really disappointed if they didn't release a third game, especially as Kyurem is a grey pokemon so it would make a lot of sense if he was the third game legendary.

That said I don't really see why they would break the tradition of releasing a third game, so I'd say we should wait and see what the future holds.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    It's too early to say that there won't be a third game of B/W. If there wasn't a third game at all, I'd be very disappointed.

The Red Chain

Not disappointed at all. This gives them much more time to come up with something superior to a third game. I would love a change of pace once more from the 5th gen. They have already changed tradition around many times in these "reboots" and I'm so happy to see it all. <3 This last shove in the Pokemon gaming series will be a great thing to see ; and after 10 years of the same thing, I'd really like a change.

Bring it Game Freak! Whatcha got in store for us? :D

blue

gucci
    Years
    I do and don't believe this, do because there are so many features in Black & White and it's such a good game that it coudn't really be improved by bringing out a third game.
    Don't because they've missed out some features that were in previous games.

This also gives them the opportunity to not work on a third game but bring out another game earlier than expected i.e R/S remake or something along those lines.

Also, I didn't know about this untill now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Game Freak won't jeopardise the sales of their brand-new games by shouting to everyone that they're going to release a better version in a couple of years time.

Vindra

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    I would be very surprised if there wasn't a third game. I think they're only saying there won't be one to stop people waiting for it instead of buying B/W on its release.
    My thoughts exactly. I've seen a few of people on this forum say that they only play the third version each generation. There's plenty to do in the existing games, and it's not like the gameplay in each new version is radically different, so waiting for the third one to come out would not be difficult for those people. They want as many people as possible to buy Black & White, and then they can announce that they're releasing a third one.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    It'd be good if they added a third version. They always did, so why stop all of a sudden?
    Maybe they answered 'no' because it wasn't going to be called Gray. xD

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
    There will always be another version, as long as Pokemon continues to be successful on the market.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Oh yeah. There's no way there won't be a third version. Look at Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. Yeah, we'll get a third one.

Back