• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Gray - y/n? [ #20 ]

Pokémon Gray, yesss, nooo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    For the record, it was a mistranslation... Mana Ibe claimed the third version wouldn't be released for the 3DS. And besides, it's all a marketing strategy. They don't want people to wait for a third game, they want consumers to purchase Black and White right away. They also said at one point there wouldn't be Gold and Silver remakes.

That being said, I dislike the idea of third versions, so if there really isn't a third version and they moved on to Generation 6 or RS remakes or whatever right away, I'd be pretty happy with that.

robxu9

Shadowed Warrior
    Years
    I'd like it if they made RSE remakes first, then made a 3DS Grey. Then that would make sense.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I find it really disappointing that, as first announced, there isn't a 3rd game. Although it isn't entirely shocking, since Black and White are all about being completely fresh starts and trying new things. If the news source is wrong, and there is going to be a 3rd game, I personally think it will/should be called Chrome instead of Grey.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    The games haven't even been released yet, give it a few months and we'll see if we get a 3rd version or not.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    There will be third game for sure ;)
    Who cares about name =) It could be Gray, Grey, Light and Dark or whatever =)
    Gamefreak will soon understand that BW still can use some improvement which can only be done by doing third game =) They wouldn't want to stop gaining money, right? :D

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    ok i think i got it , i wrote something similar and translated it . i type this into the translator to japanese

we would rather not make it we finished the series with black and white

this is how it came to be in japanese
    我々はむしろそれは、私たちがシリーズを終了することはないだろう白と黒
    then i translated it to spanish and got this

Más bien es nuestro blanco y negro no terminará nuestra serie
    then i translated it back to english and got this

Rather, it is our black and white will not end our series

so i know my methods may have tons of flaws but you see how some things can be lost in translation from japanese , spanish and then to english

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    There will be third game for sure ;)
    Who cares about name =) It could be Gray, Grey, Light and Dark or whatever =)
    Gamefreak will soon understand that BW still can use some improvement which can only be done by doing third game =) They wouldn't want to stop gaining money, right? :D
    You're right about that GF is probably only saying this so people don't wait for the third version and make themselves more money off of BW ;)
    I think it's too early to tell but it would be sad if this is in fact the last games of this generation...it would be shorter than Gen II which only had 3 games a Duo, and a third version...

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I think it's still a bit too early to be able to have solid answers for a third game or not. If there isn't, I would be a bit sad because I liked all the third installments of each generation that I have played. I think they'll probably wind up making one once more flaws are proven for B&W (maybe?) or they're just saying no for marketing reasons. Maybe they even haven't really thought of a third game yet so for now no but possibly in the future yes? I hope they make it though.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I think it's still a bit too early to be able to have solid answers for a third game or not. If there isn't, I would be a bit sad because I liked all the third installments of each generation that I have played. I think they'll probably wind up making one once more flaws are proven for B&W (maybe?) or they're just saying no for marketing reasons. Maybe they even haven't really thought of a third game yet so for now no but possibly in the future yes? I hope they make it though.

well the thing is if they come out with a 3rd version they would be already working on it. I think i remember reading that balck and white was being developed while platinum was finishing up so it takes a while(i know platinum was just a 3rd version and black and white was a new generation but it still takes some time)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    well the thing is if they come out with a 3rd version they would be already working on it. I think i remember reading that balck and white was being developed while platinum was finishing up so it takes a while(i know platinum was just a 3rd version and black and white was a new generation but it still takes some time)

It's likely they'll still have team members working on the stuff they had to cut from the game for time constraints as the original games themselves are sent to be shipped, then ramp back up on development once feedback to BW starts coming in.

Either way, Game Freak has at least 2 teams, so somebody is working on something right now.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    There will most likely be a 3rd version. I'd be very disappointed if there wasn't. There is always a 3rd game in a generation, but since this generation was kind of supposed to be a 'revolution' of sorts, then there is also a possibility that it won't happen. However, a 3rd version will likely be in-demand in the future, so it'll probably happen.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    There will most likely be a third version. I can't see why they wouldn't add another game to a very popular and awesome region. I'm not a fan of gray, but I wouldn't mind it.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    Not releasing a third version is really the best decision Game Freak could make in this situation, I think. With the release of the 3DS in March, the DS will become a "dead system" - few companies, if any, will be developing new software for it; all the attention will have shifted to the current generation handheld. If a hypothetical "Pokemon Grey" were released for the DS two years later (to follow the release pattern), it would be a poor move on GF and Nintendo's part. A new DS games two years after the release of the 3DS? You don't need a lot of marketing savvy to see it's a stupid move. And if "Grey" were released as a 3DS title while still being obviously built on B/W's engine, any idiot could see it was just a DS game with a few throw-on enhancements to justify calling it a 3DS title. It would be a ripoff, and consumers would know it.

If the interview is to be believed, GF is doing the right thing by focusing on other projects or moving on to the next gen right away. Ideally, what I would love to see them do is experiment with 3DS programming by making either a Ruby/Sapphire remake, or a non-Pokemon project for the system, like maybe a Pulseman sequel or remake (well, we can hope =D ). While we're kept satisfied with those projects, GF would also be working on Gen VI; which, ideally, would be the Gold and Silver to B/W's RBY. Gen VI could be set in southern Connecticut, South Jersey, Pennsylvania or upstate New York; and Unova could be visited after completing the main storyline. Elements like renegade Team Plasma members, the God Stone, Kyurem's hidden moves, and N's past and future could be explored WITHOUT the need for a 3rd version, which seems like a win/win situation for all involved. We get a new gen and we're not fleeced by a painfully obvious money grab in the form of an outdated game on the 3DS or a game released for a dead system, and GF gets what it wants more of - money, money, money. :)

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Not releasing a third version is really the best decision Game Freak could make in this situation, I think. With the release of the 3DS in March, the DS will become a "dead system" - few companies, if any, will be developing new software for it; all the attention will have shifted to the current generation handheld. If a hypothetical "Pokemon Grey" were released for the DS two years later (to follow the release pattern), it would be a poor move on GF and Nintendo's part. A new DS games two years after the release of the 3DS? You don't need a lot of marketing savvy to see it's a stupid move. And if "Grey" were released as a 3DS title while still being obviously built on B/W's engine, any idiot could see it was just a DS game with a few throw-on enhancements to justify calling it a 3DS title. It would be a ripoff, and consumers would know it.

If the interview is to be believed, GF is doing the right thing by focusing on other projects or moving on to the next gen right away. Ideally, what I would love to see them do is experiment with 3DS programming by making either a Ruby/Sapphire remake, or a non-Pokemon project for the system, like maybe a Pulseman sequel or remake (well, we can hope =D ). While we're kept satisfied with those projects, GF would also be working on Gen VI; which, ideally, would be the Gold and Silver to B/W's RBY. Gen VI could be set in southern Connecticut, South Jersey, Pennsylvania or upstate New York; and Unova could be visited after completing the main storyline. Elements like renegade Team Plasma members, the God Stone, Kyurem's hidden moves, and N's past and future could be explored WITHOUT the need for a 3rd version, which seems like a win/win situation for all involved. We get a new gen and we're not fleeced by a painfully obvious money grab in the form of an outdated game on the 3DS or a game released for a dead system, and GF gets what it wants more of - money, money, money. :)

even if they dont come out with 3rd game , we would have to wait the same amount of time until the 6th gen, how long do you think it takes to come up with more pokemon and a GOOD story it takes a while. so if the 3rd game doesnt come out we would just be playing with our thumbs until 6th gen. And also from your statement you talk about pokemon like its any other product...even if it does come out on the ds many people will still buy it, dont kid yourselves on that fact.

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
    I have mixed feelings towards the third installment. I'm already too eager for 6th GEN. :p
    [I don't think they started yet.. :p] Pokemon games takes too long to be on the market. Considering Platinum's change was pretty big, Gray might cease to amaze me. Who knows? Only time can tell. :)

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I have mixed feelings towards the third installment. I'm already too eager for 6th GEN. :p

well take these changes to account

1.animated sprities for all trainer
    2. double battle with two seperate trainers( was there some in BW i dont remember)
    3.Battle frontier( maybe the battle subway can just be part of it like a battle tower)
    4.Rematch of gym leaders
    5.way to rebattle trainers
    6. twist in story about team plasma
    7.3rd dragon being part of the main story line
    8. updated battle screens( i would really like if i can see how many pokemon my opponet has during the battle)
    9.Hints about 3rd gen remakes( i think i have one )
    10. updated graphics

If these happen i think it would be worth while to make a 3rd game

i dont think im ready for the 6th gen. but if they make it like a G/S thing and add like only 50-70 new pokemon then why not lol

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    We'll get one. I don't doubt that. There is another dragon to cover anyway, they are a trio.
    Agree with that ;)
    Maybe Kyu gets new form :)

Gen VI could be set in southern Connecticut, South Jersey, Pennsylvania or upstate New York; and Unova could be visited after completing the main storyline. Elements like renegade Team Plasma members, the God Stone, Kyurem's hidden moves, and N's past and future could be explored WITHOUT the need for a 3rd version, which seems like a win/win situation for all involved. We get a new gen and we're not fleeced by a painfully obvious money grab in the form of an outdated game on the 3DS or a game released for a dead system, and GF gets what it wants more of - money, money, money. :)
    Your statement is full of good reason but somehow I don't fell it's gonna happen...
    And... NO MORE USA please! I wanna go back to Japan O_o
    I mean I liked Isshu's cities but it was because of new graphic =)

Years
    I do not care what news sources say, you can't trust them. I really want and hope that the 3rd version comes out, as hopefully I can get all the Pokemon I want from B/W. I really want Reuniclus and Braviary but at the same time, Reshiram and the other genies.

GF always dish out a 3rd game surprise, it would really be disappointing for its fans if it didn't do so and GF was always about its supporters and gamers so they'll have to make one whether they like it or not. If they don't......well......my friends and I would protest outside their HQ until they create a 3rd game..... XD

Back