• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
  • They did introduce too many legendaries, but some of them became my favorite pokemon, so I take back my initial repulsion caused by that.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Pokemon was already ruined forever a long time ago (IMHO, it lost it's epicness after it went into more of a "Fantasy" setting (RSE) rather than a "Japanese" one (GSC, but not RBY) I liked the kimono girls, the shrines, and the music. I never played RSE, but I did play DPP and HGSS).

It's a still-moving trainwreck, like the Phantom Train from FFVI.

Now where's that Phoenix Down?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Pokemon was ruined forever when we grew opposable thumbs.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Pokemon was already ruined forever a long time ago (IMHO, it lost it's epicness after it went into more of a "Fantasy" setting (RSE) rather than a "Japanese" one (GSC, but not RBY) I liked the kimono girls, the shrines, and the music. I never played RSE, but I did play DPP and HGSS).

It's a still-moving trainwreck, like the Phantom Train from FFVI.

Now where's that Phoenix Down?

Completely missing the point, eh?

Besides, only Johto was Japanese-y, because it was based on a stereotyically old-style Japanese-y place.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • @Shanghai Alice: Yukkuri! :)

Anyway, now that that's out of the way... I just have one thing to say that I haven't said before. Haters gonna hate.

Yeah, that's true. People will hate on stuff no matter what. If the games stayed truer to Gens 1 and 2, then everyone would be complaining 'Why don't you branch out, Nintendo! Pokemon is Ruined... FOREVER because you haven't changed!'.

Trust me, hate sometimes goes in cycles. In a while Generation 1 will be forgotten, Generation 2 won't be as overhyped, Generation 3 will be the idolized one, Generation 4 will be where 3 is now, and Generation X will be despised like 4 is now. At least... that's what I think. I'm hoping to find out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    This thread just wins. Hands down.

I'm tired of people whining and moaning about how Pokémon is ruined after EACH FREAKIN' GENERATION! Seriously, if Pokémon is ruined, then why the hell are you still PLAYING it? >___>

As for me, Pokémon just keeps getting better and better. Albeit, fourth gen. wasn't "amazing," but it was decent, and I liked it.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Which did you post it on first? And I can't believe I didn't think to do that. Anyway, link it to the one that was posted to first.

I always found it confusing, though... if people whine so much, then why keep playing the game? Ah well, that's the mystery of life, I guess.

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
  • YES.

I am tired of all the complaints I hear whenever a new generation comes out.
    Things change, y'know. Why can't people accept that?

I love you for making this thread, Ninja Caterpie.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Pokemon was ruined when this happened
    registeel.png
    equal-sign.jpg
    Registeel__a_nazi__by_SonicoCyborg.png

Tsk Tsk thats just blowing it nintendo (if he can do cool story bro i can do this)
    where is cyborg rabbi when you need him

Back