• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Pokegeek1999

the frind code is for b/w
Years
  • as races as that is i heard pokemon black and white was gunna be prety good i like the art style

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
    Years
  • People just tend to think along the lines of: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." People loved certain things, and are sad to see them go for newer things. Truth is, you don't have to watch/play them as each new one is released. Stick to the one that you like and stop complaining!

I know the majority of people replying in this thread are people who find these responses funny, I sure as heck do. Pokémon is "ruined" whenever a tiny tweak takes place, and will always be the case. :P

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • - Shinies are too hard to find.

And half the 'good' things about the old days are things that are kinda bad (e.g. he loves the fact that he can't tell what Snorlax really is based on its sprite).

Honestly, I smell parody.
    Actually I find the amount of luck involved with stats and natures and IVs and shinnies to be highly detracting from the game's PVP playability. "LOLOLOLOL I WASTED MORE TIME GETTING THIS ADVANTAGE AND OR LOLOLOLOLOL I GOT LUCKY FIRST" I mean really! World of Warcraft PVP is less luck based.

So, after reading the "They changed it now it SUCKS" and "Ruined FOREVER!" pages on TV Tropes (I won't link for your sakes. :D) and this beautiful page linked from there, I decided to write up a list of times that Pokémon has been "ruined...FOREVER!"

February 27, 1996 - Pokémon is released, by Nintendo, of all people. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 1, 1997 - Pokémon gets an anime. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 8, 1998 - The Pokémon anime is dubbed in English. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 12, 1998 - Pokémon Yellow Version, based on the anime, is released. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 30, 1998 - Pokémon is released to America and only Blue is released. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

January 28, 1999 - The Pokémon anime's theme is changed for the new season. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 30, 1999 - Pokémon gets a spinoff. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

July 17, 1999 - There are more than 151 Pokémon? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Sometime in 2000 - There isn't going to be an Orange Islands game. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

December 14, 2000 - You can now play as a girl character. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November 7, 2002 - Misty leaves the anime and the team dynamic is broken! She's replaced by fanservice and a nerd. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

July 13, 2002 - There are more than 251 Pokémon? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November 21, 2002 - You can't trade between GSC and RSE? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November, 2002 - RSE has a new storyline and it doesn't continue from the older games! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

January 29, 2004 - Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen are the exact same as Red and Blue! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November 17, 2005 - Pokémon gets a proper spinoff in the form of Mystery Dungeon. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 14, 2006 - May and Max leave the anime and is replaced by different fanservice. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 28, 2006 - The new Pokémon are unoriginalBAWWWWWW! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

October, 2007 - They have so many legendaries in the new game! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 12, 2009 - HeartGold and SoulSilver are slightly different from Gold and Silver! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 4, 2010 - Black and White? RACISM! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 10, 2010 - Pokémon's going to be in 3D? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

May 28, 2010 - Reshiram and Zekrom are too much like Digimon! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Ongoing, 2010 - ALL the new Pokémon look stupid and like Digimon! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

I don't agree with any of the above, thankfully and I should point out I'm doing this to make fun of any of the people who say the above things, particularly if they keep playing the games or whatever.

Oh god yes. Let me have your children.

Everyone does this all the time and I'm like oh for peets sake NO! There have been witch trials fairer than this! I mean really why is this so terrible?! Is it magic?

Pokémon's going to be in 3D? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

I augh--

Oh... Um...
    Shutting up now.

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Actually I find the amount of luck involved with stats and natures and IVs and shinnies to be highly detracting from the game's competitive playability.

Shinies have nothing to do with competitive battling. And the rest (bar natures, but they're the least random of the bunch) have been in it since the start.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Shinies have nothing to do with competitive battling. And the rest (bar natures, but they're the least random of the bunch) have been in it since the start.

You obviously haven't researched RBYGSC mechanics. Shinies had set IVs in GSC. Furthermore, only IVs out of what I mentioned were in RBYGSC. What you're on about I don't know.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Shinies still don't matter in GSC competitive battling, because it would be the same if they didn't exist. And I excluded the one thing (natures) that needn't to be.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • You have to admit, pokemon did mess up quite alot...

The original anime team, Brock, misty and ash were amzing :D

251 pokemon were amazing. But that was where it needed to stop...

Then more came... The RSE pokemon... they were ok... but over the top.

Then pokemon plummets down and crashes. P/D/Pt were released.

No-one, is amused.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    You have to admit, pokemon did mess up quite alot...

The original anime team, Brock, misty and ash were amzing :D

251 pokemon were amazing. But that was where it needed to stop...

Then more came... The RSE pokemon... they were ok... but over the top.

Then pokemon pummets down and crashes. P/D/Pt were released.

No-one, is amused.

I am. >:3 I happen to think that the DS games were (horror of horrors) an improvement to what we got on the GBA. Regardless, they're all their own titles released in different places on the timeline. I don't follow the anime all that much.

And that's "plummets" by the way.

candracar272

That person
    Years
  • ...Ahaha. This was amusing. <3

It does irk me, though, that so many people are just looking for things to complain about for the new generations. And yet they keep playing the games. :D; I don't get it. Either way, I still have hopes for Gen5. I remember thinking Glameow was hideous and now it's one of my favorites, so I think people will ease into this eventually.

That girl!

Oopsie, my fault.
    Years
  • Haha. Thanks for sharing. I can't believe how much we've complained. Well, I agree with some parts but Pokemon is so not ruined... forever!

Back