• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Johto Adventures

What Pichu should you have for the side-quest?

• Notched-Ear Pichu

Votes: 135 56.7%
  • Shiny Pichu (From the 12th movie an HG/SS)

Votes: 78 32.8%
  • Just a regular normal Pichu

Votes: 25 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    Hey, I know it's a lot of work, but are you gonna remake a movie, like metapod is doing in AshGray? And Ash, once again, it's the thought that counts. Who cares if I messed up the words "anime" and "manga"

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
    Can anyone help me? I am making my guide, and I need to know if anyone knows the pokemon and their levels of the last trainer at the end of the alpha. The one who says, "This is the end of the alpha, my friend."

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    Hello guys, I'm back here.
    I've been waiting for alpha 2 and now when it is released I downloaded it and played it. I'm glad that you are still working on your hack and that it got farther. It's good that many serious bugs from last alpha were fixed (for example connection Route2-Route1), but I was also disappointed that some bugs were still in (not working running shoes).
    So I decided to fix them on my own and I posted here a small patch. It fixes there bugs:
    - running shoes are finally working (set proper "show map name on entering" value in map header)
    - fixed the yellow bridge between route 2 and 3 (set proper tileset on map "Route 2")
    - fixed apostrophe (font was corrupted)
    and some minor changes in AM.
    I hope this patch will help you, it's all I could do. I wish you included it in your next progress and hope you will fix some small bugs (OWs) soon and release Alpha 2.1.
    And something more, I found some scripting bugs:
    - in Cattailia city PC, nurse Joy says that I was registered to the Silver conference, instead of usual post.
    - in Cattailia city, there sometimes occurs a bug that I can't go to Route 4 (even after I battled TR) and in the maison there are people (Jenny, TR) again.
    - When I'm looking for Snubble and leave Palm Hills (enter Route 4), Snubble completely disappears, so I'm stucked.
    It's all and good luck in hacking.

Cool thanks, would you mind telling me how you fixed the apostrophe bug and how it got corrupted? I was worried about that.

Tonight I'll clean up the hack a little and finalize 2.2 if that's ok :D

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
    Cool thanks, would you mind telling me how you fixed the apostrophe bug and how it got corrupted? I was worried about that.
    Well. The fant was corrupted because some bytes in font data were changed. I really don't know why that happened, but sometimes some data in rom are unwillingly changed and it causes various glitches (for example bad scripts or messed up music in pokémon Emerald).
    And how I fixed it? From my small experience with hacking I know the offset of font data (it's about 1F0000 - 210000). I made an ips patch from JA alpha2, made a patch log (great feature of LIPS) and looked for changes in this offset. I found them and deleted them (hex-edited ips file) and used it on clean FR rom. I played it and font was okay.
    I hope it didn't cause any bugs, I tested it and it seemed okay.

Years
    Originally posted by Pokemonlover493
    Can anyone help me? I am making my guide, and I need to know if anyone knows the pokemon and their levels of the alpha. The one who says, "This is the end of the alpha, my friend."
    They are jolteon lv30, Kangashkan lv30, Arcanine lv30, Poliwrath lv30, Exeggutor lv30, Gardevoir lv35.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    That trainer is just something to do at the end of the alpha. I thought ya'll would like it :P

I just fixed some of the bugs you guys posted about, the Snubull one etc., but some of them I didn't see (I didn't see at all the Johto Conference text in the pokecenters) Anyway I'm sending it to Co so he can insert some more stuff, and I'll send him both an APS and an IPS file :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Hey, I know it's a lot of work, but are you gonna remake a movie, like metapod is doing in AshGray? And Ash, once again, it's the thought that counts. Who cares if I messed up the words "anime" and "manga"
    Everyone who understands difference between anime and manga cares...
    Anime is anime and manga is manga it's something completely different.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
    That trainer is just something to do at the end of the alpha. I thought ya'll would like it :P
    I just fixed some of the bugs you guys posted about, the Snubull one etc., but some of them I didn't see (I didn't see at all the Johto Conference text in the pokecenters) Anyway I'm sending it to Co so he can insert some more stuff, and I'll send him both an APS and an IPS file :D

So, the trainer at the end of the alpha will be gone when beta 1 comes out? Gardevoir in the game? That is cool.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back