• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Johto Adventures

What Pichu should you have for the side-quest?

• Notched-Ear Pichu

Votes: 135 56.7%
  • Shiny Pichu (From the 12th movie an HG/SS)

Votes: 78 32.8%
  • Just a regular normal Pichu

Votes: 25 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
    I am sorry if this has been said before, but when I patch it and it is successful, I can't play Johto Adventures, I end up playing Fire Red itself. What should I do? HELP.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    Just got home, I'll try to fix the bugs tonight, may have to wait until tommorow though...early flight this morning :(

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    I am sorry if this has been said before, but when I patch it and it is successful, I can't play Johto Adventures, I end up playing Fire Red itself. What should I do? HELP.

the title screen hasnt been changed wait til youve picked boy/girl and then the gameplay will be johto adventures

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
    After I picked the gender, it showed a screen that was all glitched up, the menu screen that has the trainer card and the save button etc, still worked but it was glitched. It said I was in Viridian City.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    After I picked the gender, it showed a screen that was all glitched up, the menu screen that has the trainer card and the save button etc, still worked but it was glitched. It said I was in Viridian City.

Make sure that you have a Clean US Firered Rom and that you download the latest patch and apply it with Lunar IPS or another patching program.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
    I got it working. I finished the end of the current game. It was awesome, with a bit of a challenge to it, but I don't mind. I love hacks based on the anime.

Also which episode does alpha 2 go to? When I download it, can I patch the alpha 2 to the FireRed rom that has already been patched from alpha 1?

Last edited by a moderator:

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
    I can't wait until the Chikorita Rescue episode is done and released. That is one of my favorite episodes.

By the way Co500, when you do the Chikorita Rescue episode, can you add what happened at the end of that episode. Ash is leaving and Chikorita starts getting sad, and runs up to him and kisses him. I love that part. You don't have to do it, it is just a suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    I can't wait until the Chikorita Rescue episode is done and released. That is one of my favorite episodes.

By the way Co500, when you do the Chikorita Rescue episode, can you add what happened at the end of that episode. Ash is leaving and Chikorita starts getting sad, and runs up to him and kisses him. I love that part. You don't have to do it, it is just a suggestion.

Hmm...I'm not sure excatly how to do that, but I might be able to figure something out.

Anyway, I finished bug-fixing, sorry it took so long (when I was editing past scripts, I kept using some of the newer script-flags, I really need a system of keeping track of which flags/vars I've used!). There are actually a few bugs still, but nothing major (for instance, apostrophes are messed up somehow...), and I've fixed all the connections. Now I'm sending it to Co to put in the last few sprites.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    Really? A week? All we have to do is add 2 sprites. Anyway, if you're not happy with the scripting, then we better fix it by sunday because then I'm leaving for a week again.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    Yes, he will, in the next alpha. You'll get him before the first gym, and you'll probably lose him when that episode comes up. The reason why we didn't give him to you yet is that he would be too overpowered at the early levels and that he wasn't really the main focus of any episodes besides the Casey one if I remember correctly.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
    Unfortunately, I won't have charizard for that long however, because I will be losing him in the episode with the charicific valley.

I can't wait until Snubble Snobbery comes out in the next alpha, I like that old lady(whatever her name is.), and her Snubble. Will Snubble follow around Team Rocket?
    I found a bug. Sorry if this has been posted before. When I go from route 2 to route 1, the game freezes. Will this and any other bugs people have found be fixed on the next alpha?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back