• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Johto Adventures

What Pichu should you have for the side-quest?

• Notched-Ear Pichu

Votes: 135 56.7%
  • Shiny Pichu (From the 12th movie an HG/SS)

Votes: 78 32.8%
  • Just a regular normal Pichu

Votes: 25 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
  • I disagree, I think that the maps, while not falling into being of the "natural style", provide a good area for the character to play in. Empty space is not always bad- although it might make the map look worse it lets the player move around more and leaves opportunities for unhindered scripts and trainers. I think that Co500 has done a great job mapping so far, and I don't see why we need any improvements or other people helping out in that regard.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • dammit I lost conection right after I posted a long message I hate when that happend

on the mapping
    I can see what you mean and some emty ness is not a bad thing its just over exsevive-ness makes the game boring:P
    and its not just that, I notice on one of the maps on co(somethings) profile page, it was extreamly empty, the tree a lined ment was square the houses were alined ment was square and it was so empty if you play the game you can take a screen shot of all grass

I can see if on some parts it was what you were going for and If it was what you were going for than my all mines just disregard my post but I am just trying to help :D

If I am not mistaken you want to get as close to the anime as posiable well in the anime I dont remeber lager ares of just grass :P

also I like the base Idea so if you need a sprite a map tiles anything realy stop by my profie page and leave me a message.

I will defently be downloading the beta and checking out this hack :D(when a beta is released)

also I hope I didnt offend anyone (exspecialy you samike360 I dont think I offend you and we do disagree on a lot of things like polotics for example but we agree to disagre, sorry to anyone if I came off as rude its just my personality :D)

whooo one of my longest post in a wile and I would only do this for a great hack :D so hope you guys do well senserly
    ~Lucas Rivera

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • dammit I lost conection right after I posted a long message I hate when that happend

on the mapping
    I can see what you mean and some emty ness is not a bad thing its just over exsevive-ness makes the game boring:P
    and its not just that, I notice on one of the maps on co(somethings) profile page, it was extreamly empty, the tree a lined ment was square the houses were alined ment was square and it was so empty if you play the game you can take a screen shot of all grass

I can see if on some parts it was what you were going for and If it was what you were going for than my all mines just disregard my post but I am just trying to help :D

If I am not mistaken you want to get as close to the anime as posiable well in the anime I dont remeber lager ares of just grass :P

also I like the base Idea so if you need a sprite a map tiles anything realy stop by my profie page and leave me a message.

I will defently be downloading the beta and checking out this hack :D(when a beta is released)

also I hope I didnt offend anyone (exspecialy you samike360 I dont think I offend you and we do disagree on a lot of things like polotics for example but we agree to disagre, sorry to anyone if I came off as rude its just my personality :D)

whooo one of my longest post in a wile and I would only do this for a great hack :D so hope you guys do well senserly
    ~Lucas Rivera

I respectively dissagree- yes, emptiness can be boring, but not when it is filled with scripts, people, and other things. If you think that areas of the maps are too empty, please point them out to Con and I and we'll take a look.

I don't know what map of Co's you are talking about- if it is a map from JA or Neo-Wolf's map, which we have already addressed.

And yes, grass isn't necessarily in the anime, but neither are the 2 trainers I added in- sometimes I believe it is ok to expand a little bit to make the game more enjoyable.

And no, you haven't offended me, thanks for your opinions. :)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • okay thats good, and oh yeah neo wolfs map so you guys agressed that, thats good but the roads are also square and the tree placement so its not just the emptyness that concerns me

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • okay thats good, and oh yeah neo wolfs map so you guys agressed that, thats good but the roads are also square and the tree placement so its not just the emptyness that concerns me

That map will definitely not be included in the hack.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Good news guys- I have completed episode 4 :) And Honestly, I'm in love with the script, in my opinion it is the best work I've ever done :) Now out heroes can move closer to the first gym battle in Violet City. However...a spooky forest lurks close by....
    Best huh? ;)
    I'd love to see that ;)
    Could ya record that script?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • narutoactor its a city it will have roads and they do turn, also ill look at you mapping skills aswell ;) also we'll be adding some new tiles soon!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • narutoactor its a city it will have roads and they do turn, also ill look at you mapping skills aswell ;) also we'll be adding some new tiles soon!
    haha acose they turn I dont think your geting what I am trying to say , insed of a road going just left, right up and down they also go left-right gives the illusan of cuves and circles not squares

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Con hasn't showed up for almost two weeks now...I hope he's ok. We were making such good progress- hopefully he'll be back soon and we can get to episode 5.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Good news- Con contacted me and he says that he is back, and he might be able to do some more work soon!

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • sorry

Sorry ive been ill it started a month ago then i week later I ended up in hospital im still in here now but I have internet!!!! YAY so I start work soon, :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back