• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Legend of Thunder edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
  • Pokémon: Legend of Thunder edition!

PokéHackerOmega proudly presents...
    Pokémon: Legend of Thunder!
    New friends, new enemies, new legends.​

-----

Intro

Hi! It's PokéHackerOmega here presenting my 100% original hack, Pokemon: Legend of Thunder.
    How did this hack come about? Well, when I first joined the PokéCommunity, I was amazed by
    ROM Hacking. Alas, after awhile I got bored of seeing lame hacks like countless Silver
    remakes and hacks with virtually no creativity. Then I was inspired to make my own hack with
    a 100% new storyline. After about 3 days of mapping, scripting and tweaking, I have a fair
    bit done. 3 new maps and a few new events, so I thought now would be a good time to share my
    progress with the public.

-----

Techinical Info

Hack of:
    Pokémon: Legend of Thunder edition!

Language: English
    Author: PokéHackerOmega

-----

Storyline

You and your family live in Electra Town, a small mountain-foot village, where your dad is
    the proffesor. According to myths, the gaurdian Pokémon of Electra Town is Raikou. The town
    has a shrine to honor Raikou. Within the shrine is a statue of Raikou, and a mysterious orb.
    One day you decide to visit the shrine. You notice something strange about it today. Then
    you notice that the orb is missing! You rush to your dads lab to tell him. Then your dad
    gives you an Eevee and you start on your journey to retrieve the orb.

-----

Features

New Events
    New Reigon
    All 386 3rd gen Pokémon obtainable
    New Starter (Eevee)
    New evil team
    New gyms
    and tons more!

-----

Screenshots
    Note: Most Screenshots are outdated and will be replaced with newer ones soon.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

-----

Team

Mapper - PokéHackerOmega
    Scripter - PokéHackerOmega
    Spriter - Nicolas

-----

Bugs/Glitches/Oddities

The border in Electra Town is wierd - Fixed

-----

Wanted

A title screen maker.
    Someone who can make a few support banners.

-----

Credits

Maps - PokéHackerOmega.
    Scripts - PokéHackerOmega, with the aid of a few tutorials.
    Storyline - PokéHackerOmega.
    ROM Base - PHO.
    Tree tiles - Saurav.

-----

Download Center

After rethinking it, I have decided, I will release Beta versions. But don't expect them to come super fast. ;-)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    so ya decided to put it up! good for you!

Anyways, the hack's very great so far. Tiles are nice, but the mountain looks weird :\ Oh well...

And wow, nice! Eevee as our starter! Cute =3

Wishing the best of luck~
    Spoiler:

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • This looks pretty good so far, tiles are nice and the trees are fantastic! Storyline seems interesting, i will be keeping an eye on this! Maybe you could put like a cut tree or rock smashable rock at a point for getting onto the mountain to put something special there seeing as it is protected by raikou:P

The only thing i dont like is the lab, dont know why i just never like that tile:P

Anyways keep up the good work, hope you dont give up on this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    will... this hack is a gooD one

and i like the map

but ... is it a hack of fire red or leaf green ?

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • It's firered. And also thanks for all the positive feedback! :)

so ya decided to put it up! good for you!

Anyways, the hack's very great so far. Tiles are nice, but the mountain looks weird :\ Oh well...

And wow, nice! Eevee as our starter! Cute =3

Wishing the best of luck~
    Spoiler:

Sorry about that mountain, the border was going wacky and I had to try to fix it. That will be fixed in later versionss. :)

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hmmm... Not bad, the game looks fine from the start, but I'm more happy with that storyline. Maybe with some more time the mapping will be even better (you'd need to put some more new tiles), and this goes also for the scripting (have you noticed some of your texts barely fit inside the box?)

The idea of Eevee as a starter may not be too original, but, since Eevee is quite versatile, I guess a lot of people will be happy with the idea.

Well, hope you keep it up!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    This looks like a very good hack, nice work so far, and the rombase you used is very suitable. Wow a raikou shrine, that sounds good.

~Celebi

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    The storyline seems very impressive it also seems like rakou is the main legendary i cant wait to play the game and the orb was a impressive idea

Good luck!

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I'm absolutely in love with the thread presentation.

I also like how your features and various things throughout the thread are worded.

You are so original!

:D

Thanks for stealing my overall format ;>>

Last edited:

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • EDIT: Right now i'm going through and fixing all the bugs, apparently I killed my ROM really bad. I went and fixed The Electra Town border. Now I need to remap Route 501.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Err... Not to be rude or anything, but it doesn't look like a promising hack... The Eevee starter is the only thing I like, although he can't be Umbreon or Espeon, only R/S/E can do that. Everybody remember that.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Hey, PHO. (Hm that's the website too...)
    I can help out with sprites. (Overworlds, trainers, everything pretty much)

The game looks pretty good... good luck!

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • Bad news, I killed my ROM, and then my back up... Now I need to restart everything...
    (It's not that bad because I saved the scripts on my computer and I was going to remap most of it anyways.)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Oh, well. You were starting, so just learn from the mistake and keep many MANY backups close by :)

Good luck on the restart, hope you can reach the same level soon (and improve it, if you can ;))

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back