• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Azure Horizions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Pokémon: Azure Horizions

:: Frostbite presents ::
    Pokémon: Azure Horizons
    ---
    New friends, new faces, fresh adventure!

Hack of:
    Pokémon: Azure Horizions

Engine: 1635 - Pokémon Fire Red (U)

Story
    General plot summary.
    -----------------------------------------------
    After months of waiting, you finally get your acceptance letter to the regional league. Finally the chance to follow in the footsteps of your brother, a great Pokémon trainer. With goal set, you begin to start your journey as a Pokémon trainer growing with each challenge. Working your way through the ranks and eventually, to the top. However, as soon as your journey begins, you and a companion sees a news broadcast. A disturbance has undergone, strange Pokémon trainers have been going around the region causing havoc. Their goal, however, is out of the ordinary. What it is currently is completely unknown... will it conflict with your own?

Project Overview
    Some general information.
    Well this will be my first actual hack that I will actually try to make an effort to work on and eventually finish. My goal is simple - to create an entirely new and fresh Pokemon RPG using the Fire Red engine but still keep the charm of the past Pokemon RPGs. I hope to implement new features (especially D/P features) and graphics, tilesets, etc. I'll make an effort while making this hack and try to create a nice and enjoyable gameplay experience.

Game Features
    Check out what the game has in store!
    • A majority of the 386 ADV gen Pokémon will be obtainable.
    • A new "evil" team.
    • A few features from D/P will be carried over to this game.
    • New TMs.
    • Pokemon sprites from D/P will be carried over and applied to select Pokemon.
    • Completely new and diverse Environments.
    • New Music.
    • Decapitalized items, attacks, area names, etc.

Screenshots & Media
    An in-depth look into the actual game itself.
    Spoiler:

Support Banners
    Show your support for this hack!
    Spoiler:

Credits
    A thanks to the people who made this hack possible!
    Spoiler:

Staff
    List of people helping with the creation of the hack.
    »» Frostbite
    -Scripting, Mapper, Music Editor, Image Editor, Palette Editor
    »» Drayano
    -Beta Tester, Quality Checker, Support Graphics

Glitches
    Some unwanted oddities that may occur in gameplay.
    Spoiler:

Downloads
    Download and play the game itself here!
    There are no downloads as of yet, check this spot once Beta 1 is released.

Update (2/25/08): I'm hoping to have Beta 1 released by Spring 2008.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looking really good so far. The storyline could use a little work, though. It's too boring. Also, I noticed something in your maps. The colors on the edges of the paths have retained their original colrs. You might want to change that.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Looking really good so far. The storyline could use a little work, though. It's too boring. Also, I noticed something in your maps. The colors on the edges of the paths have retained their original colrs. You might want to change that.
    Yeah, I haven't fully described the storyline, I'll spoil it once the development goes onward...

As for the palettes I've noticed them, like I said in the first post I'm still in the process in palette editing.

@ other posts above

Thanks so much for the compliments! :)

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    I like the pallet colors! The story seems nice. We shall see. ^^

Good Luck!

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • Cool. I've always like the maps you do. The story does sound a little familiar, but honestly, I prefer it over something random and unbelievable. (As far as Pokemon stories go..)

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Sorry for the lack of updates.

School is getting on me so I'll only have some free time to work on this hack on the weekend and occasionally weekdays if I get all of my papers done...

Anyways I've finished mapping the Weather Institute!

A few screenshots below

Spoiler:

The team has taken over the Weather Institute, it's up to you to stop them! But what are they after?

---

No dialog as of yet... I'll start scripting the events pretty soon.

Also disregard the Rocket overworlds, they'll be replaced within the next update.

Mazumia

Hacker that needs help
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    looks great can't wait to play it. Wonder who the bad guys will be?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow the hacks good.
    I like the pallete colours.
    Anyways keep it up.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • It seems that I have a problem with the dialog, once it's done it finishes and the textbox disappears giving you no time to read some of the final words. It's happening to all of the signs and people. I'll need to start a new Rom so don't expect some updates in a couple of weeks. :/

Anyways on a lighter note I've finally found out how to affectively palette edit using APE. Besides that I now have the overworlds for the new team. More info on them as updates continue.

Thanks to wonkaXbar (seriously, this guy had like a million sn's) for the battle sprite.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back