• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: LIFE Version

What is you favorite season? (From the 5th generation games)

• Spring

Votes: 114 20.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 106 19.3%
  • Autumn

Votes: 169 30.8%
  • Winter

Votes: 226 41.2%

• Total voters

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
  • I9eY1gz.png

i herd u liek roggenrola​

Last edited:

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • I Have Question To You :
    1) Why You Too Smart To Do Black 2 & White 2 Theme In This Rom Hack ?
    I Respect You
    I have experience with photoshop, so I can handle the color limit really well.
    B&W is my favorite pkmn game, too :P

I have a question for u.
    What's ur problem?
    Relax, I'm pretty sure he is using a translation tool and it makes him sound like he is being rude. Which I'm pretty sure is not the case

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • wow, this project is awesome, I hope the music edited too. ^^
    Music will be edited but it's not a priority right now. Probably gonna apply a temporary music patch for the next release.
    I think the cave is a tad dark! Especially if it were to be played on hardware.
    Otherwise the tiles look sick!
    Gonna increase the brightness of the palettes once I have the rom in hands! ;)

XRcePUn.gif

fIWQSDq.png
    sFLFqsa.png

dw2VLbm.png
    hkezRW2.png

Right now I don't have acess to my rom, but I do have access to some tools!
    Result: started redoing battle backgrounds, just need to do the tilemaps and insert.
    Now they slide will pretty smoothly ^_^

See ya!

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Music will be edited but it's not a priority right now. Probably gonna apply a temporary music patch for the next release.

Gonna increase the brightness of the palettes once I have the rom in hands! ;)

XRcePUn.gif

not in-game footage yet
    vVzgmtv.png
    WhfJ6FH.png
    4KhhJlT.png

oKJ9ft0.png
    e1akHgV.png
    qsEwxXo.png

Right now I don't have acess to my rom, but I do have access to some tools!
    Result: started redoing battle backgrounds, just need to do the tilemaps and insert.
    Now they slide will pretty smoothly ^_^
    The Hp bars are by FBI and will be inserted too. Meanwhile, that's all I can do, lul

See ya!

I much prefer these battle backgrounds! Great job. The sand one's base is a tiny bit wonky though at the bottom.

I love the HP bars though I think it'll be tricky to get the font quite how you want it.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I much prefer these battle backgrounds! Great job. The sand one's base is a tiny bit wonky though at the bottom.

I love the HP bars though I think it'll be tricky to get the font quite how you want it.

What happened with Apollo? That game was great!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is this another hack that will never get completed? It reminds me of Galaxy Elements.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Is this another hack that will never get completed? It reminds me of Galaxy Elements.
    warning, I got triggered
    Why ask if it will never be completed if the last update was a little bit over a week ago?
    Besides the point that asking that question is kind of rude, like, at least wait a few months without any shown progress. lol

But yeah, I can't 100% say it will be completed, as life itself can change very fast, but I strongly believe which means I'm pretty much implying but I don't want to totally confirm and put a ton of pressure on Dionen that there could be another release soon.

Infinitum

Years
  • warning, I got triggered
    Why ask if it will never be completed if the last update was a little bit over a week ago?
    Besides the point that asking that question is kind of rude, like, at least wait a few months without any shown progress. lol

But yeah, I can't 100% say it will be completed, as life itself can change very fast, but I strongly believe which means I'm pretty much implying but I don't want to totally confirm and put a ton of pressure on Dionen that there could be another release soon.

That is not concrete enough. If you are at badge 1 after over 2 years of developing then something could be wrong.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • That is not concrete enough. If you are at badge 1 after over 2 years of developing then something could be wrong.
    I've already explained how life plays a critical role in hacking, so I'm not going to dwell on that. However, a hack's length shouldn't be measured by the amount of badges it contain. If anything, that's the one thing you should remember in the future when discussing a hack's "length" especially when discussing demos and betas. :)

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    That is not concrete enough. If you are at badge 1 after over 2 years of developing then something could be wrong.

Graphical hacking is very very time consuming and one of the hardest part in ROM hacking....I also use 5 gen style on my hack and I will say this, the amount of time Dionen put in this hack...
    . if Pkmn life was a hack with fire red graphics not gen 5 style I am sure now there would had been at least a 3 /4 badge beta available.

Infinitum

Years
  • Graphical hacking is very very time consuming and one of the hardest part in ROM hacking....I also use 5 gen style on my hack and I will say this, the amount of time Dionen put in this hack...
    . if Pkmn life was a hack with fire red graphics not gen 5 style I am sure now there would had been at least a 3 /4 badge beta available.

That means the project is too ambitious?

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    The Hp bars are by FBI and will be inserted too.

Those HP bars don't work with the current implementation of Mega Evolution because there's nothing for the trigger button to hide behind. Also the indicators have to be moved so that they appear in the right space. I don't know if you're still doing Megas though.

Back