• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
yea. its a beta 1.1 bug. for some reason the movements to get the asistant out the center had got messed up. i also discovered another bug. after you get elms call and you go back to route 30 way, and then the assistant is gone LOL. he couldnt be bothered to wait i guess. but you can still proceed down route 32 after that XD.

i'm on dial up atm so i probably couldnt upload the patch although i have fixed the bugs...

edit: ok. i've uploaded the patch as its unfair on people. i cant leave people a buggy patch for a christmas present :P i havent done the mirro though so dont use it. if my site goes doen then you have to use beta 1.0 :(

link

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I would recommend you guys getting at least the first badge before trying the 1.1 patch, mainly cos of the egg bug, it's perfectly safe. Beta 1.1 has a lot less errors, which will all be fixed. Try not to repeat the same bugs too.

On a sad note, remember those screens I posted a while back? with the new palettes?
I lost the ROM and have to redo the palettes. BUT, I still have all my tiles and it shouldn't take too long to get everything set up again.

oh and I made a working semi decent mix of route 30, one instrument sounds strange...I know what i used for it. so I can fix.
but here: - http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa92/badman10_2007/?action=view&current=route30.flv

linkandzelda

Years
well the patch is released AGAIN LOL. dont use the mirror as i havent don that. its in a zip now. THE NEW PATCH IS A ZIP!!!!! not and ips people know they have the right one :P

about that weather thing... i cant set how the weather appers in battle atm. i could try but i dont know.

link

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
nice. looks better all the time. hope you have a good christmas link. come back soon ^_^ anyway. when i played i dident get that bug with the egg thingy.
ohhh. guess what. i think i'm starting to like the new poke mart & centre :P
and 56 of my 96 posts are in this thread! lol see. you have a fan who spent most his time on your thread. be happy. :)

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
idk if u fixed it or not but whn your in mahogany town it still says your on route 29

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2009
Found a text error right at the beginning. Professor Elm just got an email and he says "It is intriguing, but wer're busy with our POKeMON research...". I don't remember that in the earlier versions.

EDIT: Weird, when I play it on my computer it doesn't have the error, but on my DS it does...

linkandzelda

Years
thanks for the mirror. i found a wifi im hitching off so i was able to upload that onto my site. the mirror will be usefull so thanks.

about that its a world map error. its so tempamental. you make one change and the whole thing stops working :P

edit: wow. me neither. well i'll fix it anyway.

edit2: strange... i dont get that. i just checked it.

link

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
lol seems no matter how hard you try people are still complaining about small errors.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2009
I found out why the text error occured. When I first entered the lab, I went left instead of up, so Professor Elm wasn't facing me. Then the text error happened. Here's a screenie:
11188qh.png

EDIT: It's not that big of a deal and I can more than live with it. I just thought you would want to know.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
It's not a Glitch, but...

Well, LaZ, when I was playing your Hack, (I am still at the very beginning

of the Hack.) I noticed a small error.

It still says "Oak" when you try to escape from the lab without a

Pokemon.

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2014
i have a question
is suicune catchable?
i cant seem to find the clear bell anywhere

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2014
it's catchable, go to one of the chambers of ruins of alph (Not saying the exact one) do this after you go to ecruteak i think...after the radio tower event.
ok thanks i needed suicune really badly
also why are there only 3 chambers for the ruins

and why do they keep saying there fading away

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
theres actully 4 chambers. one of them you can only get to via union cave :P

link

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
You just took the whole mistery out of it ;p

However, that is a very exciting part of the hack. Possibly my favourite. I loved it.

Years
Err...I just ran into a wild level 68 Sandslash...Outside of Olivine.

I can't post URL's to images and such without enough posts though, so...I'll try to describe where I was...

On route 40, I was in the grass (Dur) and I was on the right side, four squares up. If that part matters...

Edit 1: They seem to vary in level from 44 to 76 >_>

EDIT 2: I lied. 6-76.

It happens all over in that grass...

More lies 4-76

ACK! A missingno is in the trees! This route needs some help...

Also, the left side of the bottom ledge isnt a ledge.

Should the woman in the grass say UFUFUFU I hope it gets dark soon?

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
xd. is that the route above olivine? i'll have a look at it. just to say. i wont be releaseing another patch any time soon. the next patch will be the beta 2 patch :P

link

rjgbadger

Amateur Breeder
Years
Link, I have an issue here. I can't get past the first badge. Elm's assistant gives me the egg, then bumps into the door,(with dust cloud and all) restarting the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back