• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
They're not tying to make you suffer so..... STOP THE SPAM BEFORE I GET MAD AND GIVE YOU THE POKEPAL TREATMENT! :badsmile:

Beta 2 will be here soon so just wait!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Yeah lets stop the spamming,or else they could delay the games since everyone is pressuring them.NO MORE FREAKIN SPAMMING.And I wrote you Ian758

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Well guys. The time has come i think for the release. but forst i'm going to explain a few things.

This is still in beta form so please don't expect there to be no bugs. I'm telling you now that I think there will still be bugs.

One of those bugs I have no control over is the freezing battles. I didn't encounter any while testing so hopfully nobody else will.

There are a few bugs in this that I know about and i'm going to list them now:

• You can't fly to Cianwood City or Cherrygrove City or Lake of Rage
  • You cant fly from route 40 and possibly some other routes.
  • Trying to fly from outside the battle tower will make the rom crash.
  • There Is a OW of the player on the battle tower. I can't remove It without redoing the whol area.
  • Olivine City still shows the Kanto world map. Please don't use this as a shortcut to fly to Kanto.
  • Sometimes you won't be able to fly to New Bark Town. To fix that just go back to New Bark Town and you can fly there again.
  • Some of the trainers don't have the rigth encounter music. Most of them do though.
  • The Orange Islands dosnt have a world map. It just opens on the Johto World map.

I think thats all i can think of right now xD. As always please report all bugs here. If there is a bug that prevents people from continueing through then a patch will be released with a fix.

Now onto something else...
I've come up with a new idea for this thread and the hack. Its called trainer request. basically people can requset to have a trainer in the hack as themselves. It's limited to the trainer sprites and trainer classes already in though so no new sprites or classes.

How it works is you fill out an application form and send me a filled in version in a pm. I'll write the application a bit later. I'm hoping to get quite a few requests. There are rules but I'll talk more about it later.

Another thing is from on the patch will be given out in the form of a .UPS. I belive this is a much better pathing system to use the the old .IPS. A download link for the UPS pater will be included with the download link on the first page.

I won't be posting the download on my site this time as it's due for a server move on the 5th of may so theres not really much point atm. I will just attach it to the first post along with the UPS Patcher.

Now for the beta changlog. its probably missing something as i cant rememebr it all.

• New outdoor tiles and palletes.
  • Revamped indoor tiles and palletes similar to the orginal
  • New and improved GSC music
  • Contains a full Crystal remake going up to part of the Orange islands
  • New battle sprites
  • New OW sprites
  • Redone events
  • Most of the flying bugs are fixed
  • Less bugs I hope lol
  • Ruins of alph puzzle added
  • Johto and Kanto gym leaders can be rematched
  • Tweaked some of the battles slightly
I think thats it. there is probably loads more than that though.

Now people WILL have to start from the beginning as I've completely redone most of the events and also redone the flags for the events. To get the full experience please play it from the beginning however much of a pain it is.

I'll make a new secon on the frist page with details about the trainer request and how it will work.

enjoy the beta and post any bugs you find :P I know there will be some.

I think thats all and please do expect bugs. save regualry incase of an unexpected one.

well thats all. enjoy the release :D and post any bugs you find.

LINKS REMOVED DUE TO ME UNRELEASEING THE BETA 2

link

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
Now onto something else...
I've come up with a new idea for this thread and the hack. Its called trainer request. basically people can requset to have a trainer in the hack as themselves. It's limited to the trainer sprites and trainer classes already in though so no new sprites or classes.

How it works is you fill out an application form and send me a filled in version in a pm. I'll write the application a bit later. I'm hoping to get quite a few requests. There are rules but I'll talk more about it later.

i wanna be a trainer in the game!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Finally lol. Anyone playing, look out for me in Ilex Forest ;-)

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Congrats again! A brand cool new hack to play =D
Thx for your work, I know you love us all ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
YES! I'm playing it right now! Thanks for your work! You've made tons of people happy for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back