• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Luminous Yellow Version [Beta 1 Released.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlon88

Elite Trainer
Years
  • LA
  • Seen Sep 28, 2009
you should change the trainer sprite lot of people like the pokemon silver and gold trainer

NatureKeeper

Uhh, no. ShinyGold and LiquidCrystal aren't very good examples of what I mean. Kanto was already in to begin with. I know they had to rescript a lot of things from Gold but I'm talking about Kanto. He's starting off with Ruby. Not only does he have to remap everything, he always has to rescript everything with great accuracy. This means playing the game side-by-side with FireRed to make sure it's '100%' unless you can remember every little thing someone says and do. The chances of this hack succeeding will greatly increase if he'd use FireRed, but that's up to creator. Seeing as it's Ruby, good luck.

The scripts won't be 100% the same. U_U.

I'm remaking Yellow, not FireRed, you know...

It'll have scripts not 100% like FireRed.

Nothing scripted like firered, mostly. All will have their own way.

Forget about FireRed completely. The hack will be Ruby's engine. Even the PokéNav is still there.

SharpPoint. Jagold made Hevah and I don't think it shared one similarity with Hoenn.

Zel remaked Johto and Kanto was still there, and Johto was better than that of Gold and Silver's.

Daisy Oak said:
Gary, as always took a TOWN MAP. He should've got that, I think, but Grandpa said you should get one of a town map or this so..

[PLAYER] obtained Pokénav!
looking good and good luck for the future!

Thanks.

Marlon said:
lot of people like silver and gold trainer

This is a remake of Yellow. It's like telling Nintendo to make HG and SS's hero Brendan. U_U

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
okay, I've been looking for a gba file of luminous yellow for nearly a month now, I just don't get it, where the hell can I find it? I'd really like it, It's always been my fav.
please tell me where to find it
thanks a bunch

If you were bothered, you would know there isn't a release of this yet. If there was, it would be an IPS patch in the first post.

This looks good, but a Yellow remake is quite common. But this one is very interesting, I wish you all the best! (I like the fact you are including Pikachu's faces, very unique.)

NatureKeeper

Where can I find a GBA file for Luminous Yellow?

1st - Distribution of ROMs is not allowed here.

2nd - My hacks must not be uploaded as a .gba file even out of Pokécommunity. If I find one violation, I'll make the download only via PMs for the ones I trust.

3rd - Thanks for encouraging me.

.--------------------------.

Fun Fact: Pikachu's face will appear at the happiness checker if you were checking Pikachu's happiness, like that you can detect Pikachu's happiness by talking to it in the Original Yellow.

Latest Updates

Hey everybody. You may like some updates...

2rg25c6.png

This is going to be our Titlescreen for a while. Sorry to disappoint you, but It will be changed at beta 2 hopefully.

fuesm.png

Finally a successful movement script!

6thhs9.png

Colored Text happens to be FTW!

2eofbea.png

FireRed trees. This really consumes time.

I also decided to put in a Kanto Battle Frontier. However, any Pokémon can be used, at any level, but there are two spans, level 50 and 100.

When you beat the Whirl Building, The Inferno Building, The Forest Building, The Mental Building and the Lucario building, (Forget it, Lucario is not in the game as a Pokémon, however, he has an overworld and he is beside Steel Fist ***** :P No spoiling.) You'll finally battle the Tower Tycoon *****. And somebody may be shocked of the Whirlpool Leader, Inferno Dueler, Forest Guardian (No Celebis until a certain point. :P), Mental Manipulator and Steel Fist.

New Glitch:

*DO NOT LOSE AGAINST ANY BATTLES UNTIL YOU HEAL ONCE AT VIRIDIAN'S POKéMON CENTER.

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

Since the release of HGSS, I was finally able to do some cool sprites instead of crappy normal Ruby ones.

33ldzrb.png

Ash sprite edited from HeartGold and SoulSilver Sprites.

160csg6.png

SoulSilver's sprite. Again, It was a bit edited.

Please do not use my sprites under any circumstances.

WARNING: I know what I have edited in them, and to date, If I find any sprites like mine 100%, Ill report to an admin.

And You might hear some HGSS Devamped Music. Who knows? :P

NatureKeeper

Nice combination :D

Well you see, Kotone looks perfect as a female counterpart for Ash.

I would've used May, but Kotone seems like a female ash. Not sure why...

NatureKeeper

Sorry dude. But I'm still too young to add these stuff..

And by the way, when you recieve the Villa in the Battle Frontier you get to invite any family including Oak's, Norman's...

Did I blab about the Villa feature already? Man...

NatureKeeper

Holy crap... most hacks have been dumped...

I sure have missed a lot...

anyways...

Abnormal Update

*Inserted Kotone's OW as the heroine, though it costed me to be 32x32. Gosh, she does have a big head...

10fulpf.png

Gosh, that's way too big...

*Inserted GSC Kanto Battle Music, Part of Magnius' Pokemon GS Project Remix. Though I am a bit worried about voice groups :\. Also, I haven't looped.

*Planning for the battle frontier, I have prepared their sprites and frames.

*Minor update: The Kanto Dex will have 170 Pokémon instead of 151

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Looks good, so far, but you should remake Kris's sprite to a 16x16 so it looks right next to the R/S/E overworld sprites.

NatureKeeper

Looks good, so far, but you should remake Kris's sprite to a 16x16 so it looks right next to the R/S/E overworld sprites.

I am not a master OWer, but... I may enlarge the other OWs, for only some, who knows? :P

Speaking OWs...

Update

2meeszt.jpg

I modified some HGSS OWs to work in Ruby Palletes.
Credit to Dragoon for Ripping in the first place.

2i0fz39.jpg

New HP Bars. Yes, Kindly Ignore the Top HP Bar, It's not done yet...

2yu0jh5.jpg

Entei HGSS Resize...

hv4hg4.png

Raikou..

And... C'mon! Appear Suicune....
Arghhh! *Opens A-map*

Changes all to suicune.

Hmm... Still the Missingno! Hiyaa... Oh, here's Suicune...

hrhvlj.png

The rare suicune...

These screenshots are for displaying purposes.. The Legendaries my differ from state to state and from place to place. It's not like we'll be seeing them in Pallet Town.

Now, I want to tell you something...

2ryoa49.jpg

I was gonna upload this to avoid ripping, but I trusted you as friends. Please keep your trust, okie? :)

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

I hope hackmew replies soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back