• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Luminous Yellow Version [Beta 1 Released.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

For real, I need to fix some severe scripts...XD

Only scripts are the remaining item in the series,

So, Do you guys want LuminousGold after LuminousYellow?

Specially after I learned 65% percent until I be a Pro hopefully at 95%. :)

Also, for who cares, I'm 1 map and 1 script away from a beta.

Well, I guess I saved a map from FireRed and Inserted it to Ruby was a splendi idea though I had to remap almost everything. Wow, First time I saw that wierd tree combination. Ok,

Last edited:

LdP

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2009
Well, this seems to be going a great hack game! Hold it on!

NatureKeeper

I'm positive. But I have a question in advance map that nobody seems to answer!

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Hmmmm, pretty interesting to see a Kanto related game from a Ruby Hack, and theres some pretty good screenies, hope you can keep progressing. Btw not bothered to read all posts but are you going to change the protaginists sprite?

NatureKeeper

I guess it's scripting time. *opens XSE*

Wish Luck for me.

Tudj:
I edited it already?
I'm sorry I have no screenies for the time being. But the game has been MEGA-UPDATED.

Gary is now a bit Politer and has well, better grammar. He still uses Loser, anyway.
I now got a Viridian extremely similar to that of FireRed's.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I actually think this hack would look better with RSE OWs. It's something different from FR. If you're not gonna hack FR, why put its OWs in?

Also, you could just use the red OW from the trade rooms in Emerald in this hack as the hero/heroine OWs. It would look great imo :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Wow this does look interesting...

So will you add a shiny event of any kind in this remake? I don't know why but I just seem to like Shiny events. XD

I think it would be interesting to add in a Shiny Gastly causing problems. But Yeah either way this looks like a interesting hack.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
how can it be a yellow remake if your using the emerald hero? :/ Yet I'll try it out as soon as you release it.
Good luck
I didn't say that. I mean, the Red/Ash and Leaf OWs that Emerald had in the trade rooms, that showed when you linked with FireRed. Otherwise, just the RSE OW style would be a nice touch imo, instead of just using FRLG's again.

NatureKeeper

So will you add a shiny event of any kind in this remake? I don't know why but I just seem to like Shiny events. XD

I think it would be interesting to add in a Shiny Gastly causing problems. But Yeah either way this looks like a interesting hack.

I was thinking of that. As a matter of fact with very special ways, a Legendary Pokémon will be shiny

how can it be a yellow remake if your using the emerald hero? :/ Yet I'll try it out as soon as you release it.
Good luck

The Emerald's sprite of the FRLG heroes. Yet I'll be using the heroine SoulSilver.

Yet the beta is approaching an end after a few corrections....

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Your Jessie and James sprites really do not look good. :x

The rest looks great, though.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
In my opinion, the sole fact that it's a Ruby hack leads me to believe this hack will fail. I mean, you have to re-script EVERYTHING that an entire team of professionals took years to do on a completely different game engine by yourself. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
In my opinion, the sole fact that it's a Ruby hack leads me to believe this hack will fail. I mean, you have to re-script EVERYTHING that an entire team of professionals took years to do on a completely different game engine by yourself. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Shiny gold, Liquid Crystal?

Even for the Kanto reason they had to do alot of rescripting. This may take a little while but no where near the same amount of time as those if he has help.

@ OP

Interesting.

NatureKeeper

Kanto isn't that really hard to script. You'll understand when you see the beta. Of course I'm not a master scripter yet, but...

Your Jessie and James sprites really do not look good. :x

The rest looks great, though.

I'm sing Kost2Boss's Jessie and James.

Even for the Kanto reason they had to do alot of rescripting. This may take a little while but no where near the same amount of time as those if he has help.

@ OP

Interesting.

Thanks for the encouraging, but he is kinda right, Zel is better than me in most ways, and he uses ASM, scripts better, etc, (though nothing I saw I couldn't do except for ASM). So, Shiny Gold had it's point.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years

@ OP

Interesting.

Uhh, no. ShinyGold and LiquidCrystal aren't very good examples of what I mean. Kanto was already in to begin with. I know they had to rescript a lot of things from Gold but I'm talking about Kanto. He's starting off with Ruby. Not only does he have to remap everything, he always has to rescript everything with great accuracy. This means playing the game side-by-side with FireRed to make sure it's '100%' unless you can remember every little thing someone says and do. The chances of this hack succeeding will greatly increase if he'd use FireRed, but that's up to creator. Seeing as it's Ruby, good luck.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Uhh, no. ShinyGold and LiquidCrystal aren't very good examples of what I mean. Kanto was already in to begin with. I know they had to rescript a lot of things from Gold but I'm talking about Kanto. He's starting off with Ruby. Not only does he have to remap everything, he always has to rescript everything with great accuracy. This means playing the game side-by-side with FireRed to make sure it's '100%' unless you can remember every little thing someone says and do. The chances of this hack succeeding will greatly increase if he'd use FireRed, but that's up to creator. Seeing as it's Ruby, good luck.
And what does the fact that he has to re-mape kanto make it any different that they remapped jhoto? Nothing, it just happens to be Kanto for this Hack. Kanto is not a complicated region to map. Who says it has to be a 100% remake as well stop being a donkey and kick around for no reason.

Shiny Gold and Liguid Crystal are not 100 percent remakes either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back