• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Maize Version [BETA 3 RELEASED]

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I saw that 80C added the physical/special split for attacks, and I thought that would be a cool feature to add to Maize. I managed to add the physical/special split without too much hassle today. This means that a move being special or physical isn't determined by the type of the move anymore. It's just dependent on the moves themselves. For example, Fire Punch is physical, and Water Gun is special. However, they're usually both special moves. I also added some text to the screen that indicates if a move is special or physical. As you can see in the screenshots, Night Slash is physical, and Dark Pulse is special. (The text is in that box covering Honchkrow's head. It says either "Ph." for physical, or "Sp." for special.)

p08UcXP.png

MsziNVK.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Nice work! And I like those themes!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy them.

Update:

Since I'm adding some new items to the game, I thought it would be helpful for the player to see item descriptions like in the newer games. That way, it's easy to tell what items actually do. Now, in the inventory, there is an additional option "INFO", which displays the selected item's description when you select it. The screenshots below explain it pretty well:

lHDr5BZ.png

5a9PP7k.png

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I saw that 80C added the physical/special split for attacks, and I thought that would be a cool feature to add to Maize. I managed to add the physical/special split without too much hassle today. This means that a move being special or physical isn't determined by the type of the move anymore. It's just dependent on the moves themselves. For example, Fire Punch is physical, and Water Gun is special. However, they're usually both special moves. I also added some text to the screen that indicates if a move is special or physical. As you can see in the screenshots, Night Slash is physical, and Dark Pulse is special. (The text is in that box covering Honchkrow's head. It says either "Ph." for physical, or "Sp." for special.)

p08UcXP.png

MsziNVK.png

Update:

Since I'm adding some new items to the game, I thought it would be helpful for the player to see item descriptions like in the newer games. That way, it's easy to tell what items actually do. Now, in the inventory, there is an additional option "INFO", which displays the selected item's description when you select it. The screenshots below explain it pretty well:

lHDr5BZ.png

5a9PP7k.png
Both these updates are incredible. You really are going the extra mile when it comes to adding unique, interesting features. I can't wait to see what other modernisations you have up your elaborate sleeve. Keep up the fantastic work, this has definitely got both my eyes on it. :)

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
The scouter is an item containing genius I Love Its function! I cant wait for this to be completed! Many hackers could learn a thing or two from you! :D

Last edited:
Years

Update:

lHDr5BZ.png

5a9PP7k.png

Wow, what a great thing! I believe even more that this is a great game! :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Both these updates are incredible. You really are going the extra mile when it comes to adding unique, interesting features. I can't wait to see what other modernisations you have up your elaborate sleeve. Keep up the fantastic work, this has definitely got both my eyes on it. :)
Thanks! My main task right now is to get my working version of the game up to the point of the most recent beta release, but I keep getting distracted and adding these extra features. I guess it could be considered a good problem to have?

I think I'm going to add an item that boosts the levels of wild pokemon by ~20%. I also think it will be used the same way as the Scouter, meaning you have to place it at the top of your inventory for it to be in effect. I might also switch it so that either of these items can be in effect by simply being in the inventory.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Thanks! My main task right now is to get my working version of the game up to the point of the most recent beta release, but I keep getting distracted and adding these extra features. I guess it could be considered a good problem to have?

I think I'm going to add an item that boosts the levels of wild pokemon by ~20%. I also think it will be used the same way as the Scouter, meaning you have to place it at the top of your inventory for it to be in effect. I might also switch it so that either of these items can be in effect by simply being in the inventory.

wow. This just keeps getting better and better! An item that boosts the level of the wild pokemon by 20!? That must have took some serious ASM! Looking good! And for the new features thing, that's DEFINITELY not a problem! Even if we have to wait longer, having these ultra-cool feature will be epic! And I though pokemon brown was good! It doesn't have all the cool features as this! DV balls, Scouter, and others! Nicely done!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
After an interesting conversation with some padz and Sanky about items, I've decided to add a series of Ring items. Rings are non-essential items that simply offer fun bonuses. However, you can only have one active at a time. To activate a ring, you simply place it at the top of your inventory. I changed the Scouter to the "Scouter Ring", and I've added a new one called the "Hustle Ring" (thanks, Sanky) which boosts the levels of wild pokemon by 25%. For example, if a wild pokemon would usually be level 20, it will be level 25 with the Hustle Ring activated.

Here's a list of some possibilities for the rings (thanks to some crowdsourcing for ideas):
- Scouter Ring (already complete): Beeps when you run into a pokemon with high DV (same thing as IV) values
- Hustle Ring (already complete): Makes wild pokemon have higher levels
- Focus Ring: Chance of pokemon hanging on with 1 HP if it's about to faint (kind of like the Focus Sash/Band or whatever it's called)
- Amulet Ring: Boosts amount of money you receive from trainers
- Exp Ring: Boosts experience gained from pokemon
- 1337 Ring: Changes dialogue to use 1337 Sp34k
- Bike Ring: Makes you move faster
- Ring of Healing: Heals your pokemon by a little bit every ~10 steps you take
- Wonder Ring (already complete): Makes moves that don't affect the enemy pokemon type, do damage. For example, you could use Earthquake on a Pidgey, or Tackle on a Gengar.
- Reverse Ring: Inverts the types of pokemon. For example, Charizard becomes a Water/Ground type.

Anyway, that's the general idea.

Here's a screenshot of the Hustle Ring:

Lkydq5Y.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Update (and a double post...)

I'm really having fun with this today. I just added the "Wonder Ring", which is an item that needs to be at the top of your inventory to be in effect, like the other rings. The "Wonder Ring" removes type immunities from the opposing pokemon. For example, Earthquake affects Pidgey, and Thunderbolt affects Onix. Pretty nifty. There's not much to show visually, but here's a screenshot, I guess:

dZ7pl49.png

Next up is the "Ring of Healing", which will gradually heal your pokemon as you walk around. (It's basically the opposite of being poisoned.)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Welp, I've added two more Rings today. I added the "Healing Ring" and the "Focus Ring". The "Healing Ring" heals all of the pokemon in your party by 1 HP every time you take 32 steps. Like all Rings, it needs to be at the top of your inventory for it to be in effect. The "Focus Ring" is sort of like the Focus Sash/Band. It prevents your pokemon from fainting from an attack 25% of the time. It also shows a message saying that the Focus Ring saved you. I don't have a screenshot for the "Healing Ring" because there isn't anything to look at.

NwbsH5N.png

4WY97TA.png

KoC1Hbo.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I added 4 more Rings to the game this afternoon. Here are the descriptions of what they do! (Remember, I've implemented the physical/special attack split, so these rings apply directly to that. Also remember that you can only wear one Ring at a time!)

1. Blunt Ring: Increases the physical attacks of your Pokemon by ~12.5%
2. Wizard Ring: Increases the special attacks of your Pokemon by ~12.5%
3. Shield Ring: Increases your Pokemon's defense against physical attacks by ~12.5%
4. Bubble Ring: Increases your Pokemon's defense against special attack by ~12.5%

Please tell me if the names of these items are terrible.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I added two more rings today. Here's what they are:

1. Amulet Ring: Doubles money received from defeating trainers.
2. Booster Ring: Increases gained EXP. by 50%. (This rate is compounded with traded pokemon and trainer battles.)

So far, 10 Rings have been added to the game!

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Sweet progress on the rings... But if I may ask... Are these rings, by any chance, based off of your implementation of the rings in Pokemon Prism? Cool concept, nonetheless!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Sweet progress on the rings... But if I may ask... Are these rings, by any chance, based off of your implementation of the rings in Pokemon Prism? Cool concept, nonetheless!
I didn't know Prism had rings. How are they used in the game? To answer your question, no I didn't base these off of Prism. I had a discussion with some people over at Skeetendo, and the rings seemed like a cool idea!

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
I didn't know Prism had rings. How are they used in the game? To answer your question, no I didn't base these off of Prism. I had a discussion with some people over at Skeetendo, and the rings seemed like a cool idea!

OK. Cool! Just wondering! The rings in prism need the evolution stones, and some coal [a new item] to be made! They have different effects to the stats. For example, one of the rings increase defense when held, while another increases critical hit ratio when held. It's a cool concept. But you had the idea on your own, so good job! Loving the previews so far!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Today, I added Running Shoes to the game. They aren't an item, like the bicycle is. You use them simply by holding down the B button, just like in the newer games. You receive them from an optional NPC relatively early in the game. Here's a .gif:

IJjMSfl.gif

Back