• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

So, what did you think of the beta so far?

• It was pretty awesome

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Unique, but it could be better

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Its just a normal hack your probably going to quit in the middle...

Votes: 33 14.1%
  • This hack is tasteless...

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • I have no good or bad thoughts...

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Actually, it wouldn't.

People focus so much on tiles nowadays, it is ridiculous. Firered tiles are fine, and I would say only change tiles if you need a new tile (Like if you need a well, or a circus tent, whatever), as if you use a variety of tiles, eventually they will look good, but not fit with each other sometimes.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
    Years
  • Actually, it wouldn't.

People focus so much on tiles nowadays, it is ridiculous. Firered tiles are fine, and I would say only change tiles if you need a new tile (Like if you need a well, or a circus tent, whatever), as if you use a variety of tiles, eventually they will look good, but not fit with each other sometimes.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there on that one Banjora. People tend to look at the graphics as much as they look at the gameplay or story. I'm sure if we had a poll right now, the results would show. Im gonna see how good I would be at altering a few key tiles such as the tree tiles, the pokemon center and mart tiles and the grass and mountain tiles.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you there on that one Banjora. People tend to look at the graphics as much as they look at the gameplay or story. I'm sure if we had a poll right now, the results would show. Im gonna see how good I would be at altering a few key tiles such as the tree tiles, the pokemon center and mart tiles and the grass and mountain tiles.

This is where your eyes are crucial. I said Tiles are overrated, which is actually what you basically just said yourself.

I'd focus on tiles last, and story and scripts first, as tiles actually are mostly unnecessary to change, as most changes are improvements, which are unnecessary, but scripts and stuff are actually rated a lot more than Tiles. After all, look at Liquid Ocean. That doesn't have many chages in tiles, but the awesome scripts are... Awesome, making the hack good. tiles actually do not matter, it is maps and scripts that do the most. THAT is what a poll will show, if you asked what are better, tiles or scripts.

psychicboy

Years
  • Yeah, Thats what I had planned to do. I was gonna do the maps and scripts and story first and give the game a graphic update last >.>

psychicboy

Years
  • Hey guys, I've been working on this hack for awhile now and on wendsay I'm gonna update the beta so be ready for a lot of new content :D

HomicideCrunkMan

You just lost the game.
    Years
  • Name: HomicideCRUNKman
    Job: beta tester

Proof of work: huh?

Why you would like to help: I LOVE beta testin'

When you would like to help: ASAP :)

psychicboy

Years
  • Lol, you can beta test for me under the condition that you put one of my support bars in your sig :P also, if want to play the beta with little to no errors, I suggest you wait 13 hours from now XD

psychicboy

Years
  • Hey guys, the final change to beta one will be added in a few minutes. It includes a nice little mining script :D EDIT: Beta one has been updated and beta 2 is now being worked on Immediately.

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Here goes; all the OWs you need for the main hero...use pallete 0. Oof, that was tiring...
    xaw9lf.png

And also credit T for the OW base. It's not scratch, obviously.

Later on i'll do the battle sprite and backsprites. Patience is a virtue :P

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • I don't know...be in the hack as an aspect of a spriter? I already sprite for Cooley's hack team, but I can just do you sprites and get a normal credit I suppose...

EDIT: well, I'm not really in a team, I'm just an exclusive spriter, so I can be your hack's exclusive spriter, too, I guess...

psychicboy

Years
  • I don't know...be in the hack as an aspect of a spriter? I already sprite for Cooley's hack team, but I can just do you sprites and get a normal credit I suppose...

EDIT: well, I'm not really in a team, I'm just an exclusive spriter, so I can be your hack's exclusive spriter, too, I guess...

What I meant was like a character in game

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Amazing OWs, Nikanorou!
    And by the way, T is now Shadows.

Shadows' old username is T.
    Oh, I didn't know. Well, also credit shadows then.
    I'll upload the IPS tommorow, today will be a rough day for me and I'll be almost all day busy with architecture, so...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back