• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

So, what did you think of the beta so far?

• It was pretty awesome

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Unique, but it could be better

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Its just a normal hack your probably going to quit in the middle...

Votes: 33 14.1%
  • This hack is tasteless...

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • I have no good or bad thoughts...

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
  • hmmm.... I gots your beta, I'ma already mapping, and other graphically stuff (ifu want) uhh i could change that (so you don't have to bother) but I would say to base entei and raikou off of magmar and electabuzz and suicune off of a idk jynx? lol that would be weird. o.O
    Looking forward to seeing the improved maps :D! As for the dogs base stats, ill base those on the average starters stats and just make them a bit stronger.
    Ill probably end up changing the base xp and moves as well:P EDIT: If any of you have played beta 1, could you tell me 1. how far you've progresses 2. Bugs. and 3. How do you like it.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Is epic YES! Once again you do an awesome job Nika. Now I just need to know how to insert these beautiful things >.>
    front trianer spite is compresed image so you will nead to use unzls gba.
    also the hair and hed looks weird. it looks like someone squashed is hed was a hammer, no offence.

on the trianer back sprite its un-compresed so you will need to use tile molester
    and again fix the hed

also the maps need a lot of improvement a lot of square-ness and empty space.

~

psychicboy

Years
  • front trianer spite is compresed image so you will nead to use unzls gba.
    also the hair and hed looks weird. it looks like someone squashed is hed was a hammer, no offence.

on the trianer back sprite its un-compresed so you will need to use tile molester
    and again fix the hed

also the maps need a lot of improvement a lot of square-ness and empty space.

~

Thanks for that info, it will be useful. Btw, was the square comment based on screenshots?

psychicboy

Years
  • Just a mini status report, I've completed a very large mini-game/challenge. The place is called the Battle Shop, the one place where battling pays for your items. Lets just say you can expect some nice training from there. Just make sure you have some badges! I heard you can get an extremely valuable item from the shop...

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Hey, his hair is awesome. I mean, who else has a shark-finned hairstyle? Only Psychicboy here :D

psychicboy

Years
  • Last edited:

psychicboy

Years
  • Just a little status report. If I work diligently these next two days, beta 2 will be released on Friday or Saturday. Please submit the bugs of Beta 1 so that I may fix them before the second beta release. :P

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    what no way this hack sucks there is no fun having a legend as a starter really

Yeah, like that really helps! He spent time trying to make it work, so at least give him some respect jerk! You really have no clue on how much work could have gone into this!

Anyway, I won't play the beta, as I have hardly any free time, but I wish you all thebest psychicboy, and I hope this gets completed!

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • what no way this hack sucks there is no fun having a legend as a starter really

Don't say that! Psychicboy did put time into this. This is his first hack and is just throwing up some ideas. who knows if he will change it. Maybe he will change the stats (as disscussed above) I have been working on this hack with him because I believe he may have some potential. He has done what most people who have just started to romhack have not; he actually learned how to script. Just saying that it sucks is rude! Use constructive critisism! It is posts like these that make some romhackers who have just started, quit. Oh, I see you are a hacker, what was your first idea? It probably wasn't better than this. My first idea was to change the hero sprite's colour and and turn all the caves into forests and vise versa. That wasn't good.

ugh...

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • New team person here. Im not really sure about why the beta wasn't relesed yet (My recomendation was for psychicboy to finish the scripting and relese the beta and then re-relese the beta later that day with the mapping changes). but if psychicboy is on today then it should be relesed sometime today.

to mrhaxaster

Thats why im on the team. My job is to fix mapping errors left by psychicboy and out other mapper.

to pokehacker100

Having a legend as a starter is really a double-edged sword. Its a lot stronger yes but it also takes a lot more exp to level up. Also this IS his first hack so yah...

psychicboy

Years
  • what no way this hack sucks there is no fun having a legend as a starter really

I Lol'ed at this :P Not only was this sentence unreadable, the negative criticism had no feedback for improvement >.> Thanks for feeding my thread though, that's always welcome :D Edit: Btw, I fell asleep while scripting the last part so yeah, doing that now.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back