• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

So, what did you think of the beta so far?

• It was pretty awesome

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Unique, but it could be better

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Its just a normal hack your probably going to quit in the middle...

Votes: 33 14.1%
  • This hack is tasteless...

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • I have no good or bad thoughts...

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    well i have to say this hack looks very good if you keep working at it ... it could make it into the showcase (:

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I'm not gonna bother play beta two...
    sorry...
    I played Beta 1, and, you're right, your maps do stink...
    I'd improve that...

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
  • hey are the screenies up to date? Because i saw a few tiles errors that you might want to fix if you havent already...

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
    Years
  • Ive got an update here. Well a few people have been asking about the tiles, so I have just finished changing them to another good looking tile set. The newest change will be added as soon as beta three gets is finished. Beta three will go up to the 5th gym and has some very interesting things to offer :D

Years
  • I'm to the other side of the first cave but my only critique is that i didn't realize i have the legend as my starter IRL untill the first battle, you should include a scene of the character and/or dad/professor reacting to the pokeball you happen to be carrying around. I think it would add to the story and the game.

psychicboy

Years
  • I'm to the other side of the first cave but my only critique is that i didn't realize i have the legend as my starter IRL untill the first battle, you should include a scene of the character and/or dad/professor reacting to the pokeball you happen to be carrying around. I think it would add to the story and the game.
    Your completely correct. There should be something like that. In fact, when I first started the hack, I intended for your starter to run downstairs, frighting your dad, but having low scripting skills it was not added.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Um wow... how long has it been since i was here?

Anyway i blame my cat. She knocked down a glass of water and it kinda fell on my computer and kaboom... the powersupply catches flame. Replaced the power supply but... it was damaged and it kinda fried everything.

And my new computer had a bad case of vista (If you've used early versions of it you will understand) that i had to fix first.

So yah... what did i miss psy?

psychicboy

Years
  • Um wow... how long has it been since i was here?

Anyway i blame my cat. She knocked down a glass of water and it kinda fell on my computer and kaboom... the powersupply catches flame. Replaced the power supply but... it was damaged and it kinda fried everything.

And my new computer had a bad case of vista (If you've used early versions of it you will understand) that i had to fix first.

So yah... what did i miss psy?
    Omfg? Your back? Well.. I still need some pf my maps remapped, but all you've missed is me changing the base of the rom to something with a prettier tileset. You still my mapper :P?

psychicboy

Years
  • If you'll have me then yah. That aside what did you change it to?
    Heres a pic of the old and a pic of the new.

This was before Xzibit came to my house.

Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

After a little work, this is the end result. Classy no?

Dont mind the doors btw. Im testing something.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Great hack..but

okay i love your story and the direction its going. but, I have some issues that i beg you to fix before i play your ROM again.

1. Yeah, fix the legendary's stats. It is far to powerful.
    2. Make it so people are more surprised about you having that Pokemon. Chances are, those people don't know what it is. At least make your rival be surprised.
    3. Make it so you are surprised you still have the pokemon. So far, he just has the pokemon after the dream and thinks nothing about it.
    4. WHAT MADE ME STOP PLAYING YOUR HACK: Every fricken time I go into one of the little blue houses, for exploration sakes, it takes me to these freaking trees with some random people in it. AND I CAN'T MOVE! So then I have to start all over, as I didn't save. Please, please fix that!

Other then that, its an awesome hack with a nice story.

psychicboy

Years
  • okay i love your story and the direction its going. but, I have some issues that i beg you to fix before i play your ROM again.

1. Yeah, fix the legendary's stats. It is far to powerful.
    2. Make it so people are more surprised about you having that Pokemon. Chances are, those people don't know what it is. At least make your rival be surprised.
    3. Make it so you are surprised you still have the pokemon. So far, he just has the pokemon after the dream and thinks nothing about it.
    4. WHAT MADE ME STOP PLAYING YOUR HACK: Every fricken time I go into one of the little blue houses, for exploration sakes, it takes me to these freaking trees with some random people in it. AND I CAN'T MOVE! So then I have to start all over, as I didn't save. Please, please fix that!

Other then that, its an awesome hack with a nice story.

Thanks :D Yeah all this stuff will be added and fixed. Especially the people being surprised part (main characters only :P)

Sup Aqua :P Anyways that would be nice but theres something that needs to be said.

I have to take a break from this project for a bit *Gasp*

School and basketball has got me drained of time so I can barely hang out with friends and do other things. Don't worry all you guys out there following this hack. The month I leave school... Is the month that I work this hack to completion. I already have the storyline written out and everything. As soon as i'm out, this will be completed in no time.

Until then... Cya :D

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I see a lot of complaints about the starter, but frankly, I think it's a really cool idea to have a Legendary Dog as the first Pokemon (I was thinking of doing something similar with Latias/Latios).
    Woah! Your chapters are laid out just like mine! Or rather, how mine were... You may actually want to transfer your storyline to the fanfic section, if you're planning to keep adding chapters. Otherwise you'll run over your word limit (happened to me :(). What I don't like about this hack is the hero sprite, namely, how he walks... it's a little too jerky, like he's goose-stepping everywhere.

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    It was pretty fun. Keep up the good work!

(lol@chucknoris in 2nd gym)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back