• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
    After reviewing the first page (in hopes of finding some clues on a few game mechanics, to a player's eye), I stumbled across something interesting. I like your guesstimate on the release date for Beta 3 :D. Anyways, keep the good work Frozen!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
    After reviewing the first page (in hopes of finding some clues on a few game mechanics, to a player's eye), I stumbled across something interesting. I like your guesstimate on the release date for Beta 3 :D. Anyways, keep the good work Frozen!
    Haha, yup! xD
    -----
    Here's a little video of Pokewood City! The video is a little buggy, but I'm just testing video recording out since it's my first time, haha.
    ------- Playing Beer Pong with Youngster Joey! And I hope you like the new trainer battle theme! xD
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doLRMcYObvg[/ame]
    You'll find out where May runs to later on... she knows a girl named Normaly... haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2019
    wow this hack looks awesome!!

how about new moves (gen IV - gen V moves) in this hack?
    do you subtitute / change the old one or you added the new moves?

Years
    Is Suicune's moveset supposed to be Roar and Protect only at Lv20? In this beta, is it going to learn more moves while leveling up?

By the way, great game!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
    wow this hack looks awesome!!

how about new moves (gen IV - gen V moves) in this hack?
    do you subtitute / change the old one or you added the new moves?
    There are the edited "new" Taejo Region moves like Wishsmack and Pounce. I also plan to completely add some fourth/fifth gen moves for beta 3.xx.
    Is Suicune's moveset supposed to be Roar and Protect only at Lv20? In this beta, is it going to learn more moves while leveling up?

By the way, great game!
    Yeah, you were not supposed to catch him. I gave him a catch rate of 3 with the attack roar and people are still catching him O_o
    So, I gave him those two attacks as a punishment for those that catch him, hehe. Later on in the game, you are legally allowed to catch him.
    I need to find the asm that will allow him to instantly flee like in the original games.

Years
    There are the edited "new" Taejo Region moves like Wishsmack and Pounce. I also plan to completely add some fourth/fifth gen moves for beta 3.xx.

Yeah, you were not supposed to catch him. I gave him a catch rate of 3 with the attack roar and people are still catching him O_o
    So, I gave him those two attacks as a punishment for those that catch him, hehe. Later on in the game, you are legally allowed to catch him.
    I need to find the asm that will allow him to instantly flee like in the original games.

By "legally allow", do you mean it will be available for capture in a specific location? Or is it a roaming Pokemon? And if I have caught Suicune early in the game, will it appear again in the future when I'm legally allowed to catch it? (Oh yeah, by the way, Suicune can learn Cut, so it's possible to have an OP Pokemon right from the start if people manage to catch it, so you might want to change that)

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    game freeze after try to go to this cave ;<

Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
    By "legally allow", do you mean it will be available for capture in a specific location? Or is it a roaming Pokemon? And if I have caught Suicune early in the game, will it appear again in the future when I'm legally allowed to catch it? (Oh yeah, by the way, Suicune can learn Cut, so it's possible to have an OP Pokemon right from the start if people manage to catch it, so you might want to change that)
    It is not a roaming Pokemon and the game has no checks during an event of if a Pokemon has been caught or not in such instance. It will obviously appear again during the next event I planned for it. How did you even catch it? It's nearly impossible... the highest level Pokemon in your party at that time should be around 9 or 10 and it knows roar... I hope you didn't use savestates... sigh. I'm against savestates, it is like using cheat codes.
    game freeze after try to go to this cave ;<

That cave did not make the cut for beta 2.xx and I forgot to seal that area off. That tile you stepped on is 0000, that's why it freezes.
    is umbreon the only available eeveelution in beta 3?
    Obviously not, I am currently playing through the game as fast as I am making it. During the evolution event, I chose to evolve my Eevee into Umbreon since it is my favorite one.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
    so can you tell me what next? I was everywhere and I talked with everyone :D I have 4 badges
    Did you go through the desert and Murk Cave?
    After that there's an event Pokemon battle on Route 76, Seaview's Bar, Brighton Beach, Lola's Garden, finding that missing little girl, exploration of the outside portion of Route 52. These are all optional things.

Years
    It is not a roaming Pokemon and the game has no checks during an event of if a Pokemon has been caught or not in such instance. It will obviously appear again during the next event I planned for it. How did you even catch it? It's nearly impossible... the highest level Pokemon in your party at that time should be around 9 or 10 and it knows roar... I hope you didn't use savestates... sigh. I'm against savestates, it is like using cheat codes.

To be honest, I did use save states. Most of the time, I catch Pokemon for the sake of filling up the Pokedex. Now that you have clarified that the Suicune will appear again in the future, I'll restart again, as I need to catch another Pokemon who knows how to use Cut.

Oh yeah, will the Pokemon locations in the Pokedex work properly in the next beta you'll be releasing?

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
    To be honest, I did use save states. Most of the time, I catch Pokemon for the sake of filling up the Pokedex. Now that you have clarified that the Suicune will appear again in the future, I'll restart again, as I need to catch another Pokemon who knows how to use Cut.

Oh yeah, will the Pokemon locations in the Pokedex work properly in the next beta you'll be releasing?
    Yup! It'll work slightly differently from the original, but it will work!
    ----------
    I been loving the progress I've been making on the game as of late!
    Here are some screens!
    ----- Sprites are subject to change!
    Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update) Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update) Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update) Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update) Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update) Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update) [URL=https://s1350.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX/media/PNV%202014%20-%20Beta%20Test/PokemonNormal_191_zps4a1f1e12.png.html]Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update) [/URL]Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    You collect the four shards and put them into Ignite Temple. After that, go to that rock slab near the end of Route 55.

I remember responding to your suggestions on this thread, it was about the event taking place up north of Ignite Heights, right?

But i am talking about the pm which i had sent you did you like those suggestions?

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
    Haha, yup! xD
    -----
    Here's a little video of Pokewood City! The video is a little buggy, but I'm just testing video recording out since it's my first time, haha.
    ------- Playing Beer Pong with Youngster Joey! And I hope you like the new trainer battle theme! xD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doLRMcYObvg
    You'll find out where May runs to later on... she knows a girl named Normaly... haha.

Nice Love the Battle Theme:)

Granddaddy Purp

Hero Of Time
    Years
    FIZX, was i supposed to talk to someone before finding the little girl? i found her with a grunt in a cave. she told me to go away and thats it

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
    You collect the four shards and put them into Ignite Temple. After that, go to that rock slab near the end of Route 55.

I remember responding to your suggestions on this thread, it was about the event taking place up north of Ignite Heights, right?

But i am talking about the pm which i had sent you did you like those suggestions?

Yeah, I read it and that was what I was referring to. I will consider it, but it will most likely take place in my pre-sequel (Teal Version) to this game.
    Nice Love the Battle Theme:)
    Thanks! Be prepared for more!
    FIZX, was i supposed to talk to someone before finding the little girl? i found her with a grunt in a cave. she told me to go away and thats it
    Once you talk to her, just once, you're good to go. She sets off a flag in Pokewood City.
    Love the new screens and the battle background feels so modern
    Yup! Thanks dude! I will be periodically updating the game with more features/enhancements!
    ----------
    In the previous uploaded screenshots, I forgot to introduce who these guys are... (graphics for them will be changed).
    -----
    -----
    These guys are called Team Chasm! They are a VERY interesting group of memebers that roam the Seijo Region...
    And this route that you will meet them on in beta 3.xx is actually Route 96! Another historic Seijian route!

Back