• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • #edit
    already solved it
    its part of story, and i played it while talking with my friend so didn't notice that missing badge is supposed to be happen

but still the police officer in aqualight underground won't let me pass
    he said rhe investigation already over, but still standing there

oh, also, will this version save file can be used in rc 16?
    i got too many shinies:3
    The police officer in Aqualight is a glitch that has been fixed for my latest (unreleased) release. And unfortunately current save files will no longer work. There is a very serious reasoning behind this (I will discuss once again). I changed flags and vars again that were dangerous or should not be used. When I first started this project back in 2012 I knew literally knew nothing and made tons of internal errors that were bound to show up in game if played long enough. That is why there have been so many "going back to fix this and that" for the early portions of the game where my first time hacking skills still existed.

If you try to use a current save file for my next release, it will automatically be deleted due to the save expansion patch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    thankyou for replying

well , there goes my shiny charmander lol

can't wait the next update

and another thing, every time i battle the joey girlfriend after luster forest, the game just went still
    already try new game with same effect
    is it a bug or just the end of beta 3 ?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • thankyou for replying

well , there goes my shiny charmander lol

can't wait the next update

and another thing, every time i battle the joey girlfriend after luster forest, the game just went still
    already try new game with same effect
    is it a bug or just the end of beta 3 ?
    It's not a bug, it's an emulator compatibility problem with the script. I'm assuming that you are using an emulator that is not VBA. I'll see if I can edit the script to fix the problem.
    --------------------
    And finally I have completed the extended navigator haha. No more getting lost. Lol.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • This looks fonaminal... wish I could go back and vote this for 2015 hack of the year too now! Damn!
    I would have liked to have made the next release before the judging round, but glad I made it this far with the nominations! Thanks for the support along the way guys, I appreciate it.

And congrats to the top three and to who wins Hack of the Year!

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2023
    I'm lost how do I fight lola? Or whatever, what do I have to do for her to return to her gym. Pls help some1!

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    I'm stuck in silversky town, waiting for it to become night, but it's stuck at afternoon. I've been playing at different times (between 8 pm until 1 am and 11 am until 1 pm but it's been afternoon the entire time. Can somebody pls help

Years
  • I'm stuck in silversky town, waiting for it to become night, but it's stuck at afternoon. I've been playing at different times (between 8 pm until 1 am and 11 am until 1 pm but it's been afternoon the entire time. Can somebody pls help

Did you turn on RealTimeClock in your emulator?

I'm lost how do I fight lola? Or whatever, what do I have to do for her to return to her gym. Pls help some1!

Wait for nighttime (I believe 8pm), then go to the path below Lola's gym. An event should activate there, involving the Rockets. Follow them to the deepest end of Forslorn Rainforest, and something will happen. Thereafter, Lola should be back in her gym.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    Did you turn on RealTimeClock in your emulator?

Wait for nighttime (I believe 8pm), then go to the path below Lola's gym. An event should activate there, involving the Rockets. Follow them to the deepest end of Forslorn Rainforest, and something will happen. Thereafter, Lola should be back in her gym.

Thank you ! Realtimeclock fixed it :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    so in 35 minutes here will be 24th of december, when can we have the new 3.0 RC 1.6 update? and also where can i find the download button, it is really confusing that at the front page at the: "The Progression and Download Center" is talking about the 1.6 version updates, but the download link is stil for the 1.0 version. I am really waiting the update cause as i understood you need to start a new save file for the 1.6 version, but tell me if i understood that wrong. But maybe the update is just delayed a bit dunno :-??

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • HYPE HYPE HYPE HYYYYYPE!

It's 23 here, I'm so excited for the new RC!
    Yeah it is lol. Anytime from today to Friday perhaps. I'm just doing a couple of final beta testing phases and fixes before I officially release it.
    so in 35 minutes here will be 24th of december, when can we have the new 3.0 RC 1.6 update? and also where can i find the download button, it is really confusing that at the front page at the: "The Progression and Download Center" is talking about the 1.6 version updates, but the download link is stil for the 1.0 version. I am really waiting the update cause as i understood you need to start a new save file for the 1.6 version, but tell me if i understood that wrong. But maybe the update is just delayed a bit dunno :-??
    I can't really predict the future, I try to make a date to push myself for a faster release, but it is almost ready to be released. My beta tester just reported a game breaking glitch involving var 0x8000 that I am currently fixing/working around for now.

I already updated the front page for 1.6 because it will be released any day now. The title of this thread will be changed to "3.0 RC 1.6 Released" when ready. And also it is still pretty early in America haha.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I can't really predict the future, I try to make a date to push myself for a faster release, but it is almost ready to be released. My beta tester just reported a game breaking glitch involving var 0x8000 that I am currently fixing/working around for now.

I already updated the front page for 1.6 because it will be released any day now. The title of this thread will be changed to "3.0 RC 1.6 Released" when ready. And also it is still pretty early in America haha.
    [/QUOTE]

Thank you for answering and i understand that glitches can happen, also its Christmas, i just can`t wait to play the updated version. But for now i have to wait patiently, so good luck with fixing that glitch.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • While the wait is on, here are some little graphical updates that players will be seeing:
    --------------------

Houndour can only be found at night! You'll have a rough 20% chance of encountering one.
    --------------------
    HUGE EDIT 1: Well now it seems that some flags between 0x1000 and 0x1100 want to join the party... ugh, I'm probably going to have to push back the release date for next week...

This is what happens when you start a game back in 2012 having no idea what was considered a safe flag and just used any one. I should have kept track of all the flags I used back in the day. Now three years later it's biting me in the rear end. I'm surprised there were no glitches related to those flags in my previous releases... very interesting...

I'm literally going to have to go through about 50+ flags and change them into ones that work in the 0x900 range, but it's weird cause the Flag Expansion patch caused quite a few 0x1000-0x10FF flags to no longer work or at least set them as already set... even though I never made them set in-game... hmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    /!\ spoiler

Hi !
    I was playing the RC 1 release, and something strange happened : when the player is possessed, and you finally beat the **** out of the weirdo murderer 555, you enter a town (don't remember the name), you have to beat the annoying guy with his ratata, but he is taking a pee, so his girlfriend want to battle. The problem occurs here : I can't battle her. All the story goes right, but when the pre-battle cinematic begins, the game freezes, and the only thing I can do is cry. ;-;
    Maybe this question/bug had been yet answered/reported, so I'm sorry if I bothered you with a second (or third) time.
    Keep up with this amazing work ! I'm starving to play the final version, which seems to be sublim !

(sorry for bad english, not my first language, but pkmn hacks help me a lot ;) )

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • just a quick suggestion ,
    can you make something like spherical ice IV rank?
    What's an IV rank?
    /!\ spoiler

Hi !
    I was playing the RC 1 release, and something strange happened : when the player is possessed, and you finally beat the **** out of the weirdo murderer 555, you enter a town (don't remember the name), you have to beat the annoying guy with his ratata, but he is taking a pee, so his girlfriend want to battle. The problem occurs here : I can't battle her. All the story goes right, but when the pre-battle cinematic begins, the game freezes, and the only thing I can do is cry. ;-;
    Maybe this question/bug had been yet answered/reported, so I'm sorry if I bothered you with a second (or third) time.
    Keep up with this amazing work ! I'm starving to play the final version, which seems to be sublim !

(sorry for bad english, not my first language, but pkmn hacks help me a lot ;) )
    This has been discussed already. It is an emulator compatibility problem. I will simplify the script to see if that will work.
    --------------------
    And guys I will be offline for a few days due to traveling. I'll look forward to releasing RC 1.6 sometime next week! And Gold1310, I have to finish updating my flags before I give you another copy. The game is broken right now hahaha. Have a great Christmas everyone!

Back