• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Yeah wuadby your love of jhoto starters are what makes me a happy supporter of your game. you switch to anything and more importantly to the sinnoh starters i will make sure your game gets burned down even if it means a complete ban I mean yeah the desicion is yours and i will always follow the game even if it means to the grave(hopefully not) Anyway its good to see you are working hard.work slave work!

Waudby

I've been following this game for a while, and it looks AMAZING.
I can't wait to play it :)

There's no new updates as of yet, but there will hopefully be one sometime soon.

Work is still being done on the game.

Yeah wuadby your love of jhoto starters are what makes me a happy supporter of your game. you switch to anything and more importantly to the sinnoh starters i will make sure your game gets burned down even if it means a complete ban I mean yeah the desicion is yours and i will always follow the game even if it means to the grave(hopefully not) Anyway its good to see you are working hard.work slave work!

Hahah i don't know what to say except LOL that post made me chuckle a bit.

looks wicked good! I'll be happy to play it when its done!

Thanks for the praise. It's very appreciated.

Waudby

odyssey.png

First Big Update of 2009Friday, 23/1/09

Hey everyone. Hope the start of 2009 has been good for you so far.

I have a update for you good people of PC.

~Elderbloom Village:

screenshot%202009.01.23%2010.56.12.0817.png
screenshot%202009.01.23%2010.56.23.0636.png

~Elderbloom Village is a quiet peaceful place, where the Everglade's Pokémon Professor, Professor Alder, resides. His laboratory is not in the village as he believes in separating work from home life.

The village is located off of the western exit of Route 306. It exports the fruits of the trees inside of Bayberry Forest.

It acts as a good stop off point for Pokémon trainers and co-ordinators due to it's central point between Cresent City and Pinewood Bay.

Many trainers come here to visit Professor Alder and enter his Pokédex Program.

~Enter Professor Alder:

~A keen Pokémon studier, he specializes in Pokémon's interactions with nature. As such he enjoys visiting Ecobay Town, a town which embraces traditions which are no longer widely used.

The player's first encounter with the Professor is inside Sullivan's Cave, a group of scientists, including the Professor, are doing some research on the Pokémon living within the cave when the player and their rival enter.

As the player progresses through the cave there are a few things they must do to get to the next level.

The player and rival are approached by the Professor stating that at their current level, the Pokémon they have with them would easily be defeated by the challenges that face them on lower floors.

More from the Professor's story another time....

~Enter Richard:

screenshot%202009.01.23%2010.55.53.0390.png
screenshot%202009.01.23%2010.55.57.0513.png

~Upon entering Cresent City the player encounters a young Pokémon trainer called Richard. Richard is a character that will pop up throughout the game as the story progresses.

He is just an average trainer, with a good heart, always looking to help others.

After the player's encounter with him outside of Cresent City's gym, they are asked if one of them could help a citizen with a problem...

Thus pops up the first Conscious Decision, a new feature of the game.

~Conscious Decision:

~Although I have mentioned something like this in the past, there has been an upgrade to the system.

No longer is this feature just for gimmicks, it actually plays a part of the game.

At certain points in the game, you will be offered the chance to do certain events, helping someone out, to making a delivery for the PokéMart.

Whether you accept to do them is up to you. However, you may miss out on exclusive items or Pokémon that are otherwise unobtainable.

Hopefully you've enjoyed this update.

Until next time :D
~Waudby

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Nice update.
I was looking forward to a big update from you.
I was actually going to post and ask for some screenshots lol.
Can't believe your using my Conscious Choice feature though. Even giving it the same name lol.

Waudby

I was looking forward to a big update from you.
I was actually going to post and ask for some screenshots lol.
Can't believe your using my Conscious Choice feature though. Even giving it the same name lol.

It's actually "Conscious Decision". The name was thought up from being a well used phrase. Sorry that it's so close to yours.

And the actual feature is slightly different than yours.

For instance, the first choice is to help out a villager or let Richard do it. Obviously is you choose to do it you will help the person out and take your reward, this will add to your reputation which later on in the game could mean you get offered the task of helping people.

If you choose not to help at this point, Richard will help the villager out and you will get no reputation points. And the storyline will just progress as normal afterwards.

Now, it wont only be for side quests, it will also be for the storyline but I wont say much more.

This was actually heavily inspired by the Fable series and has been in production for a while, I just wanted to spread out updates a bit more. Hopefully during the next update, I will have the full event of the conscious choice to show.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Sounds pretty much the same to me.
Choice>make it> rep and/or reward given> effects storyline/events later in game.

EDIT:
Whoops ment to say this.
I'm not having a go. I've made it clear before I'm a huge supporter of this game.
I just hate to see when people don't come up with anything themselves. I've seen so many games copy features that were used way back when I done Silk2: Take Over.

I know your interested in doing Game development in College.
As ya know, I'm already doing it, and love it. I'm always trying to act like a designer and trying to look at the bigger picture of features.
I was so proud of the old build of Protectors (which had stuff I didn't mention on here- such as a system I called "Dual Heroes"), I brought Protectors with me to my college interview.
The point is,
I would love to see if you can come up with your own twist on things. Something that you could bring to your interview and have them say "That's original!"

Last edited:

Waudby

There are a few unique features that I have yet to implement or mention. Hopefully some of these will spark live back into the thread again lol.

I'll just mention one thing for people to speculate about, the next town I would like to reveal is Ecobay Town, it's more of a natural feeling town which relies on natural medicines and materials, there will be a few revelations with this new town that I think people will like.

There's only one thing left for me to say about it, it is quite the farming community, so think of what the features could be ;)

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Amazing :D!
Gah, I wish the game were out already...
It really does look amazing. I can't wait to hear more about this farming community.
Hope to hear more updates in the coming days ;D

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
Is it possible to combine attacks? Nothing I have ever seen would do that. Maybe you could make a process where you pick the attacks to combine, and then the amount of power you use for each. Then you can practice it for contests or gym battles... Actually, maybe you should make it to where you actually have to PRACTICE the attacks after you learn them, to make them more powerful or accurate. If you haven't noticed, most things need practice to get better, and are not perfect right away.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
There's only one thing left for me to say about it, it is quite the farming community, so think of what the features could be
What could it possibly be?:P

Thanks for the Hint!!

Yay 200 posts!!

Waudby

Well since no one is posting any questions I'll feed a bit more information out about the Ecobay Town.

~ It is home to the PokéFarm, a business owned by a family of Pokémon enthusiasts. There are a few different types of Pokémon on this farm including, Mareep and Miltank.

~ You will be able to aquire the items, Wool and Milk from the farm. The wool and milk are a new kind of item that is introduced.

What roles could these items play? See if you can guess ;)

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I think the milk would be used to feed baby Pokemon, just like how Brock fed Bonsly.

Waudby

Nope it's not JUST to feed baby pokémon, but that will be one of it's uses.

The Wool will is part of the item type Material.
It's there alongside, wood, stone and some other materials too.

These types are not used directly by the player but by an outside source to make something from these.

Stay tuned to find out more...

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
I'm so excited :)
But like rhevarhe_duh said, I think it the wool will be made to make new clothing.
This game looks amazing.
Can't wait for another big update, hopefully soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back