• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

This video looks excellent though.
I think it would be a cool idea to release a battle demo- with maybe 20 random pokemon, just to let people test out network play for the battles.

Yeah the messages could get annoying, I'm working on improving the system.

I'm thinking about releasing a small demo which contains a few places of the everglade region. and a small portion of the virtual world.

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
Years
Wow, The Video looks amazing.
I didn't post yesterday about the 2V2 thing, so here's my opinion;
for me, 2v2 was, ingenious, but complete overkill, however, maybe online it would be good for some strong, hardcore players (i won't be able to go online on it), but for me, 2V2 is a lost cause. But wild 2V2 does sound good...

Waudby

I've now begun working on a basic template for each of the characters different sprites i.e running, saving, cycling, surfing. Hopefully when this is done and the battle system is to a state where it is ready to be used then a demo will be released.

Mapping is still progressing slowly but surely. And the storyline will be put into the game when possible.

So far everything is running pretty to schedule.

Waudby

I taught we make these games as hobbies lol.

We do :P

I just like to have an idea of where I want to try and be by certain dates. Helps keep me a bit more motivated :P

I like to plan what I'm gonna do each time I work on the game.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
So? You could have schedule like school work then making games haxing your computer. That last bit i hope not of course. But yeah everyone has one. So then meh its ok if things go slow. Usually you get a chance to shoot it up n time frames you thought unimaginable.

Waudby

Usually I get side tracked into working on another part of the game, which is why I now keep track of everything I do in a log file which is dated. It makes everything so much easier to track if I decide to go off at a tangent.

I'm still trying to cope with the monsterous task of doing all the sprites.

If anyone is interested in helping sprite the overworld trainers then PM me with examples of your work in D/P/Pt style and i'll decide from there, same goes for in battle trainer sprites.

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
Years
exactly where is this god-made game availabe for download.

i am creating a new religion, waudbism

Waudby

Sorry, I'm already the high priest of that religion :D
Game is not available for download yet, sorry :p

Hahaha, that was brilliant :P

I don't really have much more to add than that :D

Just a small update, I'm redoing the npcs of the game, i know that means more work, but it's so that they all have the same style.

Here's a comparison of two different youngsters, mine being the on in the center of the screen.

screenshot%202009.01.08%2016.39.46.0083.png

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

He's immortal...
-_-

Waudby, how urgent do you need those sprite variations?
cause if the offfer still stands, i could do a few once i release the demo for my game?

Waudby

He's immortal...
-_-

Waudby, how urgent do you need those sprite variations?
cause if the offfer still stands, i could do a few once i release the demo for my game?

Well at the moment I spoke to Esmas about doing them and the offer was accepted but I haven't heard anything about it for a while :/

But if you could whip some of them up when you have time I'd definitely use them :D

It's not too urgent at the moment, i'm still mapping and eventing.

anways...

although I haven't been active on many sites recently I am still here and work is still being done on Odyssey.

I'm now updating the storyline and writing it into the Odyssey project file for reference when I do story eventing.

The battle system has come along nicely and is at the moment in a "usable" stage, by that I mean, you can fight and win or lose a match, but items etc are not programmed in.

I'm very tempted to write my own list of moves, however this would mean going through and changing all 493 Pokémon's attack lists :/

But it's still an idea.

I'm also in the process of making some new items.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Yeah, sorry for not doing them. Ever since I posted my sprites in the Pixel Art forum, many members have requested sprites to be done. By the way, since you told me to do hairstyles, how does Damion's hair look? He's the main character of Pokémon Palladium in my pixel art thread. I can make his hair into a normal sprite using your template.

Waudby

I've been working on the maps for the game the last few days and I have now finished Sundale Town, Route 301, Route 302, Cresent City, Route 304, Route 305, Route 306 and Elderbloom Town. I've also done Sullivan's Cave, a cave on Route 301, and Dusky Cave which connects Route 304 and Route 306 (Route 305 is in another direction).

So you could say the maps are coming along nicely. Hopefully I'll be able to continue working at this speed and get some story line events done soon and then a nice fresh update :D

Waudby

The starters are the Johto starters. Purely because these are my favourite lot :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Any new updates?
I've been following this game for a while, and it looks AMAZING.
I can't wait to play it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back