• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Rhuan, as I'm going away for three weeks and you have a good understanding of my coding.

If people run into any major bugs, could you possibly take note of them and try your best to help people out with them?

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Could I get an answer?! Im looking at the maps scripts everything but I wanna play!

Assuming you have waudby's release.

Inside his release folder there's a folder called startup, inside startup there's a folder called scripts, stick my version of vars.js in there instead of the current one.

Back in startup there's a folder called sounds, in there there is a folder called battle, replace it with my one. Then back in release run Pokemon Odyssey.exe

Waudby: Basically you want me to do all your testing and bug fixing for you... Ok.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    That's just stuff that's not done yet.Firstly, is it TempFile.dot or temp.dot? (If it's the later I don't know what's going on as there is no temp.dot mentioned anywhere in the code, if it's the former, are you playing the game from a read only volume, such as a disk image? If so, copy the sphere folder to somewhere that can be written to.I was meant to find all of these bugs for waudby before the demo was released, but he was in a rush to release it, so didn't send me it first...

Randomer, i'm playing it from the link you supplied in one of your other posts. Is there something else I have to do?

Well, if none of the things I found were bugs then great job. :) Its a very nice looking game so far.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Assuming you have waudby's release.

Inside his release folder there's a folder called startup, inside startup there's a folder called scripts, stick my version of vars.js in there instead of the current one.

Back in startup there's a folder called sounds, in there there is a folder called battle, replace it with my one. Then back in release run Pokemon Odyssey.exe

Waudby: Basically you want me to do all your testing and bug fixing for you... Ok.
    No prob ill try.But if it no work i give ups.

Waudby

Rhuan, well you don't have to do any of the fixing, but if it's something like the sound file thing etc it would be handy just in case people think I'm ignoring them.

The best thing would be if you could possibly put some of the bugs that may get mentioned into a txt file and i'll fix them when I get back.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Randomer, i'm playing it from the link you supplied in one of your other posts. Is there something else I have to do?

Well, if none of the things I found were bugs then great job. :) Its a very nice looking game so far.

The link I gave is a disk image, it's not writeable, so if you play on that you can't save, to be able to save, copy everything in there to somewhere else.

The times when the game kicked you out were bugs, as Waudby has just asked me to be his tester and fixer, I'll get to work on them now.

@Waudby: I've got free time, and I wrote quite a bit of this game's scripts, so if it's not working properly it reflects badly on me, even if the bits that don't work are your work rather than mine :P.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Ok i put in the vaj(orwhtever file of rhyuen and well i get no starting animation or anything. And no one talks. and the phone aint working.Otherwaise tisss is an imba game.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Ok i put in the vaj(orwhtever file of rhyuen and well i get no starting animation or anything. And no one talks. and the phone aint working.Otherwaise tisss is an imba game.

It's just not finished, the animation and title screen for example are only half done, so Waudby disabled them for the demo.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Alright, it works now, although I'm not getting any sound.

Open Config.app select audio, and make sure it's set to "always use sound".

Also stupid things buttons go to fast and made me pic by default chikorita.
    ...Waudby, sometimes I wonder how you ever made something so big, such primitive mistakes... :P

To fix this problem, replace startup/scripts/Question.js with the expanded version of https://www.spheredev.org/~rhuan/Question.js.zip

Last edited:

Waudby

jaysonic, you've played the game right? What do you think?

EDIT: Ignore that just saw your post on spherical :P

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    Yeah I played it. I found it entertaining. Although you do have bugs here and there that need to be fixed. It plays well. Storyline sounds good and should be promising. I'm looking forward to more.

Waudby

Ah thanks man, some of those bugs are because of how old the functions and that are, it's hard to go through them, I started the project after a loooooong break from sphere so most of the older stuff is rubbish. The battle system is being replaced so I haven't done much work on it for some time.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Just to keep track, bugs fixed (I'm not uploading fixes for these at the moment, it's waudby's game not mine, so I've sent him the fixes):

Being able to move while the menu was up.
    Being able to move during a cutscene after being asked a question.
    Map animations speeding up when menus were shown or when talking.
    Crash on the bag menu and cancel option not working.

Any bugs I haven't listed here that you've found, please post, except for battle related stuff. Waudby has started the battle system from scratch, so there's no point fixing the version that's in the demo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back