• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Oro Sole

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Good news, everyone! I've just posted the English translation. Have fun! ^^

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    So, I am glad you made such a great progress in here! Now there's someone who shows really good thread presentation, very nice hack mapping style and very accurate remake. And yay for no D/P tiles!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • And yay for no D/P tiles!

What's wrung about DP tilez? DP tilez rul!!! XP

Anyway, I'm still wishing you luck on this, even though I really prefer that you keep working on your tools which are more helpful for all of us rom hackers. But as long as you think you can keep up with both things, then go ahead. Good luck!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    D'oh!

I was so busy that I forget to check the thread in these last days! :P
    Thank you everyone, as always.
    I'm really lookin' forward to release the second beta but I'm experiencing some problems at the moment.
    Don't worry, I'll solve them sooner or later. Just keep you eyes on the thread.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, I hope it's not something too terrible that'll take lots of time to fix (so you don't get frustrated about it, though probably you don't get frustrated that easily :D)

Ah, the next Beta is supposed to end at Sprout Tower! (will we be able to have our first Gym battle and get the Togepi Egg?)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Well, I hope it's not something too terrible that'll take lots of time to fix (so you don't get frustrated about it, though probably you don't get frustrated that easily :D)

Ah, the next Beta is supposed to end at Sprout Tower! (will we be able to have our first Gym battle and get the Togepi Egg?)

Well, at the moment I'm finishing the first rival battle script and on this topic I still can't edit the money you get from him: always $80 for now :P
    I've already mapped Route 31, anyway but I had some problems while inserting the Violet City tileset.
    Nothing too bad hopefully. I'll see what can I do.
    Oh and yes, you will be able to battle Falkner and to get the Togepi Egg ;)

Years
  • I wish I could play this, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Whenever I patch it to my FR rom, straight after the intro, the game crashes. I've never had this problem with any other hack.
    I'm not sure if my rom is Version 1.1 or 1.0 but would that have made a difference?
    Am I the only one with this problem?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I wish I could play this, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Whenever I patch it to my FR rom, straight after the intro, the game crashes. I've never had this problem with any other hack.
    I'm not sure if my rom is Version 1.1 or 1.0 but would that have made a difference?
    Am I the only one with this problem?

It looks like you're the only one with that problem. Also, version 1.0 and 1.1 have different offsets so it isn't really the same. To check the version you can either use a hex editor or my RHEA.
    I guess you just made something wrong while patching.
    I'll give you a brief list on what you need to do:
    1. Get a FireRed US v1.0.
    2. Download my English to Italian Patch and apply it to the FireRed US v1.0.
    3. Dowload the Oro Sole Beta and apply the IPS patch to the ROM you just patched with the Eng2Ita Patch.
    4. Ready to play!
    I hope it helps :)

Last edited:

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Sorry I haven't been active - HackMew -, i've been busy lately x].
    Good job with the translation though. Hopefully I can help with the next one..

Sorry.

~Wave

.:~Pokemon Species Creator~:.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2007
    Well, actually I have a answer for some posters of the first page of the thread.
    --------
    It might be difficult, but you could make an alternative for Day/Night System on FireRed.

You only need this:

*The normal complete tileset.
    *The same tileset with darken pallets on an nuseful tileset on AM.

Make this:

*Apply a flag for example for when you get to Azalea Town, time has might passed, so set a flag and activate a Header Event so it decodes a SetTile Script on all the town.

I know it's difficult, but there is always an alternative for making everything.
    ----------
    By the way, excellent hack HackMew!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Well, at the moment I'm finishing the first rival battle script and on this topic I still can't edit the money you get from him: always $80 for now :P
    I've already mapped Route 31, anyway but I had some problems while inserting the Violet City tileset.
    Nothing too bad hopefully. I'll see what can I do.
    Oh and yes, you will be able to battle Falkner and to get the Togepi Egg ;)
    That's good to hear: NEWS!
    Okay, I think I'm going to play this as soon as possible!

It looks like you're the only one with that problem. Also, version 1.0 and 1.1 have different offsets so it isn't really the same. To check the version you can either use a hex editor or my RHEA.
    I guess you just made something wrong while the patching.
    I'll give you a brief list on what you need to do:
    1. Get a FireRed US v1.0.
    2. Download my English to Italian Patch and apply it to the FireRed US v1.0.
    3. Dowload the Oro Sole Beta and apply the IPS patch to the ROM you just patched with the Eng2Ita Patch.
    4. Ready to play!
    I hope it helps :)
    For some reason, it still appears white for me.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hmmm......what could be the problem,
    Ohwell nice to hear some good news!
    Good luck ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back