• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Oro Sole

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    I am glad this hack is going good. This is one of the hack I look forward to going far. Any updates HackMew?

Good Luck!

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Well we all want to try and be unique, there's only some things you can do if you rom hack.
    I have yet to learn about the complexity of rom hacking.
    I hope we speak soon; I like what you've showed me so far.

Do you need any help in anything?

Klingon.

Years
  • Pretty short, but I guess it's something. It was pretty good, only two oddities to report. Wow that first post is organised. I'm not sure, maybe you've fixed these already.
    Beta Version: 1
    Problem Type: Oddity
    Short Description: Can't nickname pokemon
    How to Reproduce it: Hit yes when the "Do you want to nickname Pokemon?" appears.

Short Description: Replaced the wrong berry, unless you can change the effect of it. Well, in description it says paralysis and in title it says psn.
    How to Reproduce it: Look Below
    Screenshoots (Optional):
    1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU_01.png

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    This hack looks nice; how many regions are going to be in it? :) 1 or 2?

~Wave

.:~Pokemon Species Creator~:.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2007
    Esmas, before loading your rom, be sure you have patched your rom to Italian, then go to Options>Emulator>Save Type> Flash128

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    It might be difficult, but you could make an alternative for Day/Night System on FireRed.

You only need this:

*The normal complete tileset.
    *The same tileset with darken pallets on an nuseful tileset on AM.

Make this:

*Apply a flag for example for when you get to Azalea Town, time has might passed, so set a flag and activate a Header Event so it decodes a SetTile Script on all the town.

I know it's difficult, but there is always an alternative for making everything.
    ----------
    By the way, excellent hack HackMew!

Guess what? I've already thought about something similar but I came to a better solution which uses ASM though.

Short Description: Can't nickname pokemon
    How to Reproduce it: Hit yes when the "Do you want to nickname Pokemon?" appears.

Short Description: Replaced the wrong berry, unless you can change the effect of it. Well, in description it says paralysis and in title it says psn.
    How to Reproduce it: Look Below
    Screenshoots (Optional):
    1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU_01.png

Regarding the second one it's just a little translation oversight. You know, when translating thousand of strings such things could happen! XD
    The first one, instead, never happened to me and, like you told me, I guess it was just the savegame you loaded.
    Thanks anyway for the report ;)

This hack looks nice; how many regions are going to be in it? :) 1 or 2?

Both Johto and Kanto, of course. But nobody knows about something else as well...

Do I have to do Flash128? I thought that's only for your first time loading a ROM... O.o

Well, the VBA settings are usually written on a INI file. After moving the VBA executable, for example, the settings will be reset to default if you don't move the INI as well. A similar thing happen when you use VBA Link and you load more than one VBA instance.

Also, I want to thanks anyone commented here! :)

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
  • Yeah this is really good it's a G/S/C remake that i acttually like good job you guys at rom raiders.
    500th post ^_^

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yes this is a very good hack and i cant wait for the next beta!
    I hope you get alot far with it *rom radiders*

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Today I've a lil' news: I've almost finished the saving money feature.
    Do you remember how it was in G/S, right? The mom asked you to save money and so on. Yes, exactly that one :)

After that I'll complete few other scripts on Route 29 and Route 30. Then I'll go straight forward to Route 31 ones (which aren't a lot, luckily) and finally Violet City.

Check the first post for news about those last things.
    Hopefully I'll edit this post in order to add some screenshoots. Until then, see ya!

EDIT: Screenshoots added. I hope you'll enjoy them ;)

Catch.gif

Learning how to catch a Pokémon (what I've done with my limited ASM hacking skills)

Money1.gif
    Money2.gif

Money saving feature: take & deposit money!

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yay!
    That sounds like great news HM
    Moms gonna ask you money, wow that sounds original,
    keep it up ;)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I do agree! That is really a very nice idea and a great feature of your hack! ;)

I wish you for the best! :)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Like I promised, I've attached some screenshoots in my previous post.
    I think I have nothing else to say :P

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Did you finally manage to get that thing you wanted, Hackmew? (The one about taking a bit of the battle earnings to increase the stored money) If not, then what you have done already is enough, at least to me ;)

Well, with just two screenshots I cannot really appreciate how the script is working (if you ask me, those are just two multi-boxes :P), but I guess I'll see how it fully works when you post the beta (or a video?)

So, taking out the Pokegear and the Day/Night, what would be the next hard feature you want to implement (well, I assume that the previous two are not that easy and probably it'd be best to leave them for later)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Did you finally manage to get that thing you wanted, HackMew? (The one about taking a bit of the battle earnings to increase the stored money) If not, then what you have done already is enough, at least to me ;)

Yes, sure :)
    Anyway, at the moment you can't increase your saved money after a trainer battle since I haven't reached that point in the hack. For now the only battle is the first rival battle.
    The hardest part is completed though. I think it was the most complicated script I've ever coded so far as it have more than 500 lines of code. (No, I'm not joking.)

Well, with just two screenshots I cannot really appreciate how the script is working (if you ask me, those are just two multi-boxes :P), but I guess I'll see how it fully works when you post the beta (or a video?)

Yes, I agree with you but when I were posting the screenshoots I was kinda in a hurry. Maybe I'll post some more animated GIF and/or static ones to appreciate the money feature better till the 2nd beta.

So, taking out the Pokegear and the Day/Night, what would be the next hard feature you want to implement (well, I assume that the previous two are not that easy and probably it'd be best to leave them for later)

Uhm... honestly I don't know. I can't think about some other features right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    You should thank me for bringing your thread out of the mud of 2nd page ;P

Anyways, I like the way you are doing this. You are a perfectionist and that gives this hack a flavour of professionality. I like the money saving feature, so I hope it won't mess up ;) Have fun!

~Martin

Johnny3

♫ ♪R h yt h m♪ ♫
    Years
  • I actually like this hack/GSC remake, I can also tell you will have great success with it, you have a great team behind you Hackmew. Also I'm loving the fact that you stuck with F/R trees, tiles ain't everything, good luck.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • For some reason it doesn't work with my computer still. But I think I can try and find the problem. I wish the best for you, HackMew!

could you do me a favour? im workin on a leaf green hack but i cant get my advance text or mart or intro to work?
    ty in advance

Pokemon Golden Green! comin soon to an emulator near you!

Uh... Try to leave that in a PM. I hate when people advertise or ask for help on other people's forums. That's just spamming up the property of other people!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back