• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Oro Sole

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Wow! Thats awsome! I think youre the first one to implement a D/Y System and that Season thingy in a firered hack,It sounds cool.
And that titlescreen rocks! I like that Metalic Colored on the "Pokemon" Logo.I also like the that background,The Clouds It looks a bit 3Dish, And its awsome too xD I Also like that Warning screen (Darn Your's is better than mine xD) Hope to see more Screens soon, Especially twith the season Thingy..Good Luck on this!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
It's written HackMew you know? :P
Anyway, thank you.

Well, I think the music turned out pretty good. Of course, it can't satisfy anyone.

I'm looking forward to as well :)

Right. It was about time to post a new thread. Thanks :D

What's funny about his face? >:/
The original Gold picture is this one below:

Gold1.png

Glad you like it :)

Okay, sorry, I think I was thinking of another sprite. :3

Don't kill me

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
Years
New Bark Town: Sounds sorta like the original.
Route 29: The original one was slower.
Cherrygrove Town: Nice.
Wild Pokemon: Nice, but IMO, a little low key.
Pokemon Center: Look at Wild Pokemon^^
Route 30: Sounds like the original.

I like the CSS coding. ^^ Original as in GSC, not HGSS.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I listened to the GSc music and it's nice but it doesn't have the same feel as the original. Maybe you should try and change some instruments or hack voicegourps if you have to. I just don't get the same G/S/C feel I got from the originals. But I'm not saying the music is bad, I'm just saying it could do with a bit of improvement. :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Okay, now I don't know how far you are into this, but let me say this:

DO NOT SHRINK KANTO!!!!

You see, the problem with ShinyGold and LiquidCrystal, is that they made Kanto smaller than it is in FR/LG just because it was like that in G/S/C. That was one of the original problems with G/S/C, but the whole point of a remake is to correct that (like HG/SS having a Kanto bigger than the previous Generation), but whatever you do, DO NOT MAKE KANTO SMALLER THAN IT IS IN FR/LG!!!! It was done in G/S/C due to space restrictions, but I don't think that will be a problem.

So please, do not shrink the size of the Kanto maps.

EDIT: And if I were you, I would look for a different arrangement of the Route 29 and Route 30 music. Your Route 29 music just sounds bad and isn't exactly faithful to the original, and your Route 30 music has messed up notes at the beginning that clash with each other. If two notes are to make a chord, they should never be within a full step of each other, they should be at least one and a half steps to make a 3rd. Sorry if that doesn't really make sense, but anyone who knows how music is structured should know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

DO NOT SHRINK KANTO!!!!

You see, the problem with ShinyGold and LiquidCrystal, is that they made Kanto smaller than it is in FR/LG just because it was like that in G/S/C. That was one of the original problems with G/S/C, but the whole point of a remake is to correct that (like HG/SS having a Kanto bigger than the previous Generation), but whatever you do, DO NOT MAKE KANTO SMALLER THAN IT IS IN FR/LG!!!! It was done in G/S/C due to space restrictions, but I don't think that will be a problem.

I second that, I see no point in shrinking Kanto, since you are redoing the maps anyway, and it will ad more length to the beta if you don't shrink Kanto. ;)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
your Route 30 music has messed up notes at the beginning that clash with each other. If two notes are to make a chord, they should never be within a full step of each other, they should be at least one and a half steps to make a 3rd.

The man has a point.

Also, I was just wondering: are you planning on implementing the PokéGear? I noticed that, with the money saving and weekly events, you seem to be aiming to make this hack as close to the original as possible and the PokéGear was, to me at least, one of the more prominent features from the 2nd generation.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
The man has a point.

Also, I was just wondering: are you planning on implementing the PokéGear? I noticed that, with the money saving and weekly events, you seem to be aiming to make this hack as close to the original as possible and the PokéGear was, to me at least, one of the more prominent features from the 2nd generation.

Yep he is. I believe the already has it planned out and now just needs to make the routine. However, I could be wrong.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Hello, Andrea!

I must admit, lovely thread you have here! So neat presentation and everything is so polished up. Well, it's typical for you, this perfectionism :)

Anyway, I have a suggestion: Try to change the male hero's intro sprite. The face does not really look good. I believe you were trying to do your best when mimicking the original hero's picture, but it really needs some touch-ups. When I have some time, I could perhaps help you out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I agree; I think it would look best if it was in the same style as FR/LG's original one (not necessarily the same pose).

The music's not bad; however, it's sorely in need of percussion. Don't just copy the original music and change the instruments; in the same way that you're upgrading the maps and text, you need to revamp the music. Have you heard of a Japanese hack called Pokémon Golden Sun? That's a great example of revamped music. Also, Route 29's theme sounds a bit too fast; it just about worked with the original GB sounds, but now you've changed the instruments, it doesn't sound as good. Maybe make it similar in speed to the HG/SS remix (or slightly faster than that)?

Finally, in the intro screens, is there any reason why the 'we' in 'WE bring ROMs to life' is capitalised? Wouldn't it be better if it was 'We bring ROMs to life'?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have the strangest feeling this will win hack of the year...
anyhow, how will the multi-language interface work, will you be able to choose your language at start up, or is it two different ips

During Oak's speech, it will be asked you if you either speak English or Italian.

Wow! Thats awsome! I think youre the first one to implement a D/Y System and that Season thingy in a firered hack,It sounds cool.
And that titlescreen rocks! I like that Metalic Colored on the "Pokemon" Logo.I also like the that background,The Clouds It looks a bit 3Dish, And its awsome too xD I Also like that Warning screen (Darn Your's is better than mine xD) Hope to see more Screens soon, Especially twith the season Thingy..Good Luck on this!

Thank you :)

I listened to the GSc music and it's nice but it doesn't have the same feel as the original. Maybe you should try and change some instruments or hack
voicegourps if you have to. I just don't get the same G/S/C feel I got from the originals. But I'm not saying the music is bad, I'm just saying it could do with a bit of improvement. :3

Well, it wasn't me that worked on the music but I appreciate the feedback nonetheless.

DO NOT SHRINK KANTO!!!!

EDIT: And if I were you, I would look for a different arrangement of the Route 29 and Route 30 music. Your Route 29 music just sounds bad and isn't exactly faithful to the original, and your Route 30 music has messed up notes at the beginning that clash with each other. If two notes are to make a chord, they should never be within a full step of each other, they should be at least one and a half steps to make a 3rd. Sorry if that doesn't really make sense, but anyone who knows how music is structured should know what I'm talking about.

Don't worry about Kanto. Even if it's pretty far for now, I have better plans for the good ol' region (which I'm not going to disclose now
though ;)

It was a suffered decision, but the PokéGear won't be in. Also because of the menu space. But wait. That doesn't mean the PokéGear's functionalities won't be in. A clock item will be in for sure (as well as the maps), I might do something for the phone, and the radio... well... it's not really a problem yet. Mom will give you a Trainer Kit, which you will unbox to discover sme basic items inside. Through the journey, you will be able to get more useful stuff. As a matter of example, there will be an Event Reminder, which will works like a pocket calendar/agenda telling you the current date as well as the events available during the day. Now it's better that I stop talking, or I reveal too much XD
In five words: you will not regret it.

Are we going to hear any of the Kanto music? Or will Kanto be in it?

Yes, to both. Kanto will be in, so its music.

Hello, Andrea!

I must admit, lovely thread you have here! So neat presentation and everything is so polished up. Well, it's typical for you, this perfectionism :)

Anyway, I have a suggestion: Try to change the male hero's intro sprite. The face does not really look good. I believe you were trying to do your best when mimicking the original hero's picture, but it really needs some touch-ups. When I have some time, I could perhaps help you out.

Hey, nice to see you around. Thanks for the comment. As for the hero... I will see what can I do to improve his face. Uhm...

I agree; I think it would look best if it was in the same style as FR/LG's original one (not necessarily the same pose).

The music's not bad; however, it's sorely in need of percussion. Don't just copy the original music and change the instruments; in the same way that you're upgrading the maps and text, you need to revamp the music. Have you heard of a Japanese hack called Pokémon Golden Sun? That's a great example of revamped music. Also, Route 29's theme sounds a bit too fast; it just about worked with the original GB sounds, but now you've changed the instruments, it doesn't sound as good. Maybe make it similar in speed to the HG/SS remix (or slightly faster than that)?

Finally, in the intro screens, is there any reason why the 'we' in 'WE bring ROMs to life' is capitalised? Wouldn't it be better if it was 'We bring ROMs to life'?

Again, for the music, I'll talk about it with my music guy.
Regarding the boot screen, the very reason "we" is capitalized is that I wanted to enphasize it.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
This hack seems ok... but i cant realy make a big conclusion because there isnt enough information to make a conclusion (dont get me wrong, i like how you started the introduction and all the features you have written ;D) plus i think you will need to add a few more screens with gameplay. Other then that... this looks great, i think ill add that support bar to my sig :). But theres one thing im thinking.... is this going to be another johto remake?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
This hack seems ok... but i cant realy make a big conclusion because there isnt enough information to make a conclusion (dont get me wrong, i like how you started the introduction and all the features you have written ;D) plus i think you will need to add a few more screens with gameplay. Other then that... this looks great, i think ill add that support bar to my sig :). But theres one thing im thinking.... is this going to be another johto remake?

Yes, I already stated I will add more screens, just not now. I prefer to wait and have more interesting shots. Anyway, what do you mean exactly by "another johto remake"? I have yet to see another FR/LG-based remake which has RTC support, different wild Pokémon at different times, and other features I've listed (but also others that aren't in the list yet).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Yes, I already stated I will add more screens, just not now. I prefer to wait and have more interesting shots. Anyway, what do you mean exactly by "another johto remake"? I have yet to see another FR/LG-based remake which has RTC support, different wild Pokémon at different times, and other features I've listed.
well, by another remake i mean, another remake lol... Shiny gold, liquid crystal, even nintendo made heartgold and soulsilver.... jhoto remakes :( Just changing the maps a bit and the wild pokemon doesnt make it not a remake (And features..) heartgold and soulsilver changed maps, changed wild pokemon and added new features... but its still classed as a remake... but if this is just a game set in johto with a different storyline, gym leaders etc.. (which you have not stated...) Then it shouldnt be a remake... sorry if i sound rude... im not trying to be... :( im not saying this is a rubbish hack, it looks (well seems) great 8D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Again, for the music, I'll talk about it with my music guy.
Regarding the boot screen, the very reason "we" is capitalized is that I wanted to enphasize it.

Awesome :)

Anyway, I still don't like the emphasis on 'we'... It kinda suggests that you're the only ROM hacking team capable of 'bringing ROMs to life', making you sound a bit big-headed. At least, that's how I interpret it... Other people might disagree.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
well, by another remake i mean, another remake lol... Shiny gold, liquid crystal, even nintendo made heartgold and soulsilver.... jhoto remakes :( Just changing the maps a bit and the wild pokemon doesnt make it not a remake (And features..) heartgold and soulsilver changed maps, changed wild pokemon and added new features... but its still classed as a remake... but if this is just a game set in johto with a different storyline, gym leaders etc.. (which you have not stated...) Then it shouldnt be a remake... sorry if i sound rude... im not trying to be... :( im not saying this is a rubbish hack, it looks (well seems) great 8D

Well, it sounded kinda rude, to be honest. To clear your doubts (in case the banner in the first post wasn't enough), this is a G/S remake.

Anyway, I still don't like the emphasis on 'we'... It kinda suggests that you're the only ROM hacking team capable of 'bringing ROMs to life', making you sound a bit big-headed. At least, that's how I interpret it... Other people might disagree.

Aren't you taking that a bit too personal? It's just a slogan I came up with. We all want our stuff to be appreciated, don't we? And if we aim to best quality, we could actually reach it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
well, by another remake i mean, another remake lol... Shiny gold, liquid crystal, even nintendo made heartgold and soulsilver.... jhoto remakes :( Just changing the maps a bit and the wild pokemon doesnt make it not a remake (And features..) heartgold and soulsilver
Even if it's G/S/C remake with HackMew's ASM skills it'll be equal to HG/SS ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back