• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Oro Sole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Most people would say 'Another G/S/C remake...'
    But i'm sure this is not just any G/S/C remake. It's "the ultimate G/S/C remake", right?
    I can't for it to come out. Best of luck, Hackmew! =)

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    @hackmew
    why is there an oro sole beta in the downloads section and it doesnt even have the same titlescreen?

Years
  • This is probably the hack that I'm looking forward to the most. It shows so much awesome features, it's really... Epic! Good luck, and I really hope that this hack will be completed. :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I agree, this should possibly be moved. A hack this nice doesn't deserve to thrive in a crappy place like the scrapbox, which is going to go bye-bye in a couple of days.

Last edited:

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I agree, this should possibly be moved. A hack this nice doesn't deserve to thrive in a crappy place like the scrapbox, which is going to go bye-bye in a couple of days.
    I agree this hack should be moved into the progressing hacks section. And hackmew, good job with this hack and i hope youre still working on it, i really love the music, reminds me of old days. Good luck!

Years
  • Gawd you guys, I made one little mistake about the rules, seeing as how I didn't word them, and you spam HackMew's thread. -.-

Anyway, it's now in Progressing Hacks, so stop complaining. Grief.

Sorry, HackMew. Good hack you got here. Great features, and, as I said before, they'll most probably persuade me to play, being a GS remake not withstanding. ^^

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • Great job on the remixes to whoever worked on them!
    The only thing I would recommend is adding bass and drums to the tracks.

The screenshots are amazing! Even from what I can see, This looks like exactly what I would expect from a G/S remake! Keep up the amazing work!

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but the bootscreen doesn't make sense it says "we brining roms to life". Which is improper english, but then again it could be on purpose, just incase it wasn't I'm saying it now, and hiro sprite looks evil :O

good luck :)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but the bootscreen doesn't make sense it says "we brining roms to life". Which is improper english, but then again it could be on purpose, just incase it wasn't I'm saying it now, and hiro sprite looks evil :O

What are you talking about? it says "we bring ROMs to life", where did you see otherwise?

Anyway, it's good that it's moved into Progressing hacks, it was almost time! ;p

About the hero sprite, I would say that only the face might need improving, but the rest is great. And what seems 'intentional' to me is that the screens don't spoil anything from the regular gameplay, for a reason.

Years
  • I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but the bootscreen doesn't make sense it says "we brining roms to life". Which is improper english, but then again it could be on purpose, just incase it wasn't I'm saying it now, and hiro sprite looks evil :O

Uh, no. It clearly says "We bring ROMs to life", as it has since this thread was posted. And it is, in fact, proper English.
    Anyway... This hasn't had an update in a while, has it? Hope to see some more progress, eventually.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

Actually, it says: 'WE Bring ROMs to life' We being capitalised for a reason HackMew has already disclosed. So in no way is it improper English. :( Anyway HackMew, everything is looking shipshape and promising. I want to see more of your D/N. :D

edit: lol beaten. :(

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Ok, my mistake. no need for 3 ppl to point it out one is enough. But thnx for pointing it out.

But I still think the Hiro sprite looks awkward the face features, to be specific.
    Good luck :)

edit: I won the last one Dr. :P

EDIT: ok it's been fixed, face looks better now :D
    Keep at it :)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Okay, some breaking news. First of all, the music tracks will be remade. Considering most of the people appreciate the old one already, it will be just even better. Second, all the main maps are ready by now. Third, I've got some research done, and I was able to enable the Running Shoes inside any buildings too, without having to mess around with the "Show name on entering" byte. BTW, I will be posting the details later on in the R&D section. Also, I was able to reproduce the rival naming through a simple routine (don't forget I skipped the rival part in the intro). Fourth, since I was sick of all those people complaining about the big hero sprite (which I worked on it together with Zeikku), I decided to edit it a little. And I do mean a little, because only one pixel got changed. It should look better now, so your feedback is appreciated:

2rhqw5d.png

Just to let you know, I'm dying to show you more screens, but I just can't for now. A lot of stuff need to be done, and I'm sure you won't regret the time you are waiting.
    Last but not the least, I'd like to start a little poll: as you know, there are 6 screenshots, right now. Well, 3 of them required some ASM hacking. Can you spot which ones and why?

EDIT: It's nice to be in Progressing Hacks once again.

Last edited:
    Years
  • screenie1.png
    screenie4.png
    screenie6.png

1) It's pretty obvious that it's been ASM'd. :D
    2) I'm almost 100% sure there's some kind of ASM involved here.
    3) No idea why I chose this one. I just did.

I think that one pixel made a huge difference. It looks much more human now. XD

Last edited:

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    screenshots: 1,3 and six all require ASM. I'm pretty sure about 1 and 3. But 6 I'm just guessing. Y would you choose to put up the insert your name screen? i doubt only to show the hero's OW. I see the textbox edit and a few various colour edits, but i suppose those could have been done without ASM :/

I donno what are they?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back