• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Phantom:Era Of Darkness

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Ok. Good Luck then. Hope you do all of that successfully!

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Woah..i really need to plot out my hack..when i rethink back about this hack,i forgot what is the purpose for the character to go to all the towns and defeating other eveil trainers just to find "Qais"..xD..but i think i got back the concept of my hack..

Darkness Biology:
    The darkness is a group of trainers who used pokemon to control over people hearts and over regions.Their main objective
    was to conquer the whole world under their group orders.They have been secretly caryying out this mission without no one
    knowing them.To do this,they need people to carry out their plans,so they recruited many trainers who themselves follows
    the darkness itself.They go from town to town to take over the towns and use the town as one of their headquarters.But their
    main objectives is to revived the ancient dark pokemon Darkrai to use its power to completely surrounds the world in darkness
    as they believe that the original state of the world was darkness and light were the one who are considered "evil" in their
    group.In order to do this,they need to get power from each towns in the region of Vestra as the region was known to have the
    most energy needed to revived the dark pokemon as the region was the first place the pokemons were in.Their first objectives
    was to kill all the strongest alite trainers so they will not get in their way.Thats where Ace brother Zack came in,he and
    his group was killed as they were a threat to their plan.But their real plan were really different from any of you could
    think about,their plan was carry out by Ace from the first chapter.

The considered plot for the hack:
    Ace after the death of his brother,decided to pursue the unknown killer of his brother which only info he knew of him was his
    name "Qais".In the first chapter of the hack,about the forbidden house,after he defeat whoever in the house,he found out that
    the charmander is ancient pokemon and to learn more about it was to go to the anceint village south of the village which is
    across the ocean after the 5th village.But he will encounter the trainer working for the Darkness in the next village trying
    to force a kid to join the darkness as they need people to help them.

Woah..i really need someone to help me with the storyline thing.Like a storyline maker..xD..if any of you think you are up to the job,vm/pm/msn/post me/here..i really need it now..

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hey! I can help fix up those storyline of yours. I'll even put a "magic" touch. lulz

From this:
    Spoiler:

To this:
    Spoiler:

That'd be some kind of proof. XD

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Hey! I can help fix up those storyline of yours. I'll even put a "magic" touch. lulz
    Really??the problem i have now is that i don't have like a hard/strong reason for the hero to go around the region finding the darkness and what the darkness objectives is in the villages where the hero will try to stop them...i have this idea of what happen in the end but not the centre..if you want to know the details,hit me up at msn as i don't want to spill more info on my hack..

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Really??the problem i have now is that i don't have like a hard/strong reason for the hero to go around the region finding the darkness and what the darkness objectives is in the villages where the hero will try to stop them...i have this idea of what happen in the end but not the centre..if you want to know the details,hit me up at msn as i don't want to spill more info on my hack..

Ok, sure. I'll be on MSN in a few seconds (or minutes).

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • I like very much the TILES ingame is very beautful
    Tanx..i do like the tiles too.It really fit the theme for ma hack..
    --------------------------------
    Anyway guys,i am going to have the script be done for the first event where the hero will receive his pokemon etc...I still cannot start map on the next village since i am getting a few tile being inserted so i think i will start to have the script make and just pacth the new ips with the tiles in on them.
    Anyway,do you guys want me to make the video of the first event from the start of the hack or do want to actually experience it yourself in-game like a demo?
    I will make decision based on the majority of people choices.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2010
    You should definently release a BETA or something so we can experience it for ourselves. The game looks like it's gonna be really good so i vote that you let us experience it.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • :.Update.:

Hey guys,finally i can show you guys more updates.Since people said that my screenshots for a map are too much,i will only show three.This map is the second village called Koruka Village.It is where you will have to do a certain quest in order to advance to another city/town/village..i will make another 1-2 maps after this then thats done for the first chapter of my hack.Then i will have my o/w insert,script done music inserted sprites..etc..then release a demo/alpha/beta or whatever you will call it.I cannot really tell you when i can released it so just wait till then.

Here the screenies:Ignore the o/w
    Pokémon Phantom:Era Of Darkness

I will post this on the first post later on with another screenshot there which are not posted here..tell me what you guys think..:)

Edit:Damn..i really need someone to indexed for me a few o/w i want to use for my hack as i don't know why the hell i cannot indexed the o/w and sprites.The problem is whenever i click decrease colour depth to 16 and change the pallet..and then save it then open both on ms pain then[you know what to do rite].But when i try to insert the o/w in the rom,it says error,sprite is not 16 colour..when i recheck the o/w at infranview,it says the pallete is 2??[i don't know]..when i incresed the colour to 16,save it then reopen it,it return to 2..damn..i just cannot fins whats the problem

Last edited:
    Years
  • What do you mean, exactly? When you say 2?? could you mean 256? (it's impossible for a sprite to have just two colours).
    What you should do is, export the original sprite from Overworld Editor. Open it in whichever tool can edit palettes (that's Irfanview, right?)[That image is sure to be 16-colour indexed]. When the sprite is open in Irfanview, just change the colours to suit the sprite you want to insert, but keep the colours that are already there (ie, say your inserting over the Male Player sprite. You could freely change the red of his clothes and the yellow of his bag, and even the brown of his hair, but you shouldn't edit the skin colour, because other sprites share that palette. It can look fine to edit the colour of clothes, but awful if you try to upload your own palette from scratch).

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • What do you mean, exactly? When you say 2?? could you mean 256? (it's impossible for a sprite to have just two colours).
    What you should do is, export the original sprite from Overworld Editor. Open it in whichever tool can edit palettes (that's Irfanview, right?)[That image is sure to be 16-colour indexed]. When the sprite is open in Irfanview, just change the colours to suit the sprite you want to insert, but keep the colours that are already there (ie, say your inserting over the Male Player sprite. You could freely change the red of his clothes and the yellow of his bag, and even the brown of his hair, but you shouldn't edit the skin colour, because other sprites share that palette. It can look fine to edit the colour of clothes, but awful if you try to upload your own palette from scratch).
    Yeah..it mean that i got two colours..i don't know why the hell it turn up that way..lol..
    and i want to indexed a o/w,must i export the o/w,that take too much work to change the pallete and everythin,i followed a tut here saying how to indexed a sprite/o/w but the only problem is with that when i decreased the colour depth to 16,then when i close it and open it again,the colour change two 2 colours..i know its weird..

anyway,what do you think of the updates?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Cool new screens!
    Well, the OWs are incomplete but you know that already XD

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Cool new screens!
    Well, the OWs are incomplete but you know that already XD
    Tanx...for the o/w,it is not that it is incomplete..i was just messing with the fire red rom when i pacth this to the rom i forgot about it lol..
    I like the platelets you chosen, but I have seen these tiles so much I think you should change them slightly.
    the tiles has been use before by many hacks??i don't see that many hacks use them,.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Not your bid name hacks but, a lot in the scrapbox.
    HuH..i don't get what you trying to tell me..xD..

Anyway,here's an update.This is the screenshot of the second route also known as the Forest Of Death.It is where you in played the first chapter where you must go through here to go to the so called Forbidden house,nicknamed by the people there for the weird occasions happening there.This may be the first beta i will released,i don't know if you can call this an alpha or beta but it may take awhile to complete the beta 1 i think imo..let me try it first too see how..

:.Sreenshots.:
    Forest Of Death

Thats all for today updates,i may post another update later today,so what do you think of the screenies..xD

EDIT:Here another screenshot..This is the forbidden road where you must move through here to enter the forbidden house.What awaits you in the house,thats for you to experience yourself.Thats it for the outdoor maps for the first beta/alpha.I will then start mapping the indoor maps but meh,i really sux at indoor mapping.

:.Screenshots.:
    Forbidden Road

Is the mist in the second screen be like that or is suppose to cover the whole map and all the tiles??i don't know why it become like that,tell me whether it was really suppose to look like this or different and tell me your opinions on them.

Last edited:

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024

HuH..i don't get what you trying to tell me..xD..

Anyway,here's an update.This is the screenshot of the second route also known as the Forest Of Death.It is where you in played the first chapter where you must go through here to go to the so called Forbidden house,nicknamed by the people there for the weird occasions happening there.This may be the first beta i will released,i don't know if you can call this an alpha or beta but it may take awhile to complete the beta 1 i think imo..let me try it first too see how..

:.Sreenshots.:
    Forest Of Death

Thats all for today updates,i may post another update later today,so what do you think of the screenies..xD

EDIT:Here another screenshot..This is the forbidden road where you must move through here to enter the forbidden house.What awaits you in the house,thats for you to experience yourself.Thats it for the outdoor maps for the first beta/alpha.I will then start mapping the indoor maps but meh,i really sux at indoor mapping.

:.Screenshots.:
    Forbidden Road

Is the mist in the second screen be like that or is suppose to cover the whole map and all the tiles??i don't know why it become like that,tell me whether it was really suppose to look like this or different and tell me your opinions on them.
    Hmm,Im still figuring it out,But i think there is one way,is To edit their background byte from "00" to "Block is covered by Hero" However,if did it on the upper part of that tree,The OW will be like stepping on it or seem to block it.Anyway the map is good! As well as the storyline (although it took me long to read it xD)
    Good luck on this project,and hope to see more screenies.

Back