• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pikachu's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2009
    Hmm, it sounds really good - but from what I've noticed, A LOT of people are doing this idea now. It seems a great idea, but there are flaws with the anime - like stated; the lack of evolution to the characters pokémon.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • Wow, you got me by surprise. I thought this would be impossible but it turned out awesome, the idea that Pikachu would be on your back is really cool and I think it will suit. You need a good spriter for this though.

I like your maps but I think you should get a windmill for Prof Oak's lab. Route one looks awesome as well. I like the idea about going in-depth with the Amine references because that will make people more interested, the bad side is that more scripting will be needed.

I really love this hack and I'll kill you if you stop! Happy hacking!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    so far so good. NOw i was wondering if you were to include the events of samurai in the viridian forest with the pinsir & metapod and Aj (the one with sandshrew)

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    I am really looking forward to this game. I think though that having an event per episode is unrealistic. Such as the episode where they go to hophophop town (which wouldn't be on the map) and kids are hypnotized. The events that involve direct plot would make more sense. But, for all I know you could of been planning that anyway. Sooooo, ya, I support this and really want to see more of it.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • just one thing... what about the girl hero? How will you incorporate her? (I mean, FR DOES have a Female Hero_
    Maybe uh.. Ash..ley..

I'd want to shy away from just putting Misty in there, because she doesn't use Pikachu and has her own story. If nothing else, I'll just make both male. Afterall, I'm going for continuity.
    0wnage (sorry for the l33t). I love it, seems to be the best idea, I actually thought about this a while ago. One question though, what about Hoenn? Orange Islands? Johto? Sinnoh even?
    Orange Islands, possibly, as I've said, but defiantly no to Hoenn, Johto, and Sinnoh. One idea is that, if Kanto's PT gets pretty popular, I could do the same for other regions (E.G; Take the anime story from Johto and apply the same idea, only in another game.)

Hmm, it sounds really good - but from what I've noticed, A LOT of people are doing this idea now. It seems a great idea, but there are flaws with the anime - like stated; the lack of evolution to the characters pokémon.
    The whole Yellow-remake/Anime/Comic thing? Yeah, I noticed that. Either way, I've had my idea a while, and I'm not going to deviate.

That's one of the differences we'll have to have. As I've said time (and time) again, if a person really wants to keep things exactly as they were in the anime, they can do it manually. (In this case, they can use Everstones)

Wow, you got me by surprise. I thought this would be impossible but it turned out awesome, the idea that Pikachu would be on your back is really cool and I think it will suit. You need a good spriter for this though.

I like your maps but I think you should get a windmill for Prof Oak's lab. Route one looks awesome as well. I like the idea about going in-depth with the Amine references because that will make people more interested, the bad side is that more scripting will be needed.

I really love this hack and I'll kill you if you stop! Happy hacking!
    Well, doing something with Oak's lab sounds pretty popular, so I'll probably end up doing something; I just don't' know what at the moment. Thanks for your support though. ;)
    so far so good. NOw i was wondering if you were to include the events of samurai in the viridian forest with the pinsir & metapod and Aj (the one with sandshrew)
    Of course. Come on.
    I am really looking forward to this game. I think though that having an event per episode is unrealistic. Such as the episode where they go to hophophop town (which wouldn't be on the map) and kids are hypnotized. The events that involve direct plot would make more sense. But, for all I know you could of been planning that anyway. Sooooo, ya, I support this and really want to see more of it.
    Hophophop town would, actually, be a town in the game. (Unless I find I'm running out of space, in which case I would simply move the event to another pre-existing town.) Anyway, at least one event per episode is the going idea. Thanks.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    YAY so AJ is in! He was so hardcore but no1 liked him or payed any attention to him :( good luck on this hack you have my full support

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2008
    i have 2 questions
    1 what are you going to do about names and is it still going to be posible to chose a girl char (maybe make it misty or yellow from the manga because she is theroticly the main char of yellow if yes)
    2 are you going to make pikachu stronger because its actualy quite weak in game yet a killer in the show and not many people would like it if it was weak and your forced to use it and if you cant force them to use it then this could give incentive to

Spriter of the Century !!!
    Years
  • Idea

"Orange Islands, possibly, as I've said, but defiantly no to Hoenn, Johto, and Sinnoh. One idea is that, if Kanto's PT gets pretty popular, I could do the same for other regions (E.G; Take the anime story from Johto and apply the same idea, only in another game.)"

What about Orange Island(lapras' tale) johto (pikachu's tale 2) then 3 & 4 or you can put O.I. as 2 if you want

Barker

Years
  • YAY so AJ is in! He was so hardcore but no1 liked him or payed any attention to him :( good luck on this hack you have my full support
    Haha, thanks man.
    i have 2 questions
    1 what are you going to do about names and is it still going to be posible to chose a girl char (maybe make it misty or yellow from the manga because she is theroticly the main char of yellow if yes)
    2 are you going to make pikachu stronger because its actualy quite weak in game yet a killer in the show and not many people would like it if it was weak and your forced to use it and if you cant force them to use it then this could give incentive to
    1. I answered this question in my very last post. I think it's time for a FAQ. Anyway, that's not known at the moment. Misty is there in a lot of places Ash is, but all the same, Pikachu is not her Pokemon; huge continuity problem there.

2. Of course the Pikachu will be jacked up a little bit. It won't be Uber, but still, it'll be a little more useful. It will learn different attacks, also.
    "Orange Islands, possibly, as I've said, but defiantly no to Hoenn, Johto, and Sinnoh. One idea is that, if Kanto's PT gets pretty popular, I could do the same for other regions (E.G; Take the anime story from Johto and apply the same idea, only in another game.)"

What about Orange Island(lapras' tale) johto (pikachu's tale 2) then 3 & 4 or you can put O.I. as 2 if you want
    Well, if I do Orange Islands, it'll be included in this game. Also, I'd have a sort of continuity among the titles. (Pikachu's Tale: Kanto; Pikachu's Tale: Johto; or something to that effect.)

dude120

Rom hacker in training
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2009
    Haha, thanks man.

1. I answered this question in my very last post. I think it's time for a FAQ. Anyway, that's not known at the moment. Misty is there in a lot of places Ash is, but all the same, Pikachu is not her Pokemon; huge continuity problem there.

2. Of course the Pikachu will be jacked up a little bit. It won't be Uber, but still, it'll be a little more useful. It will learn different attacks, also.

Well, if I do Orange Islands, it'll be included in this game. Also, I'd have a sort of continuity among the titles. (Pikachu's Tale: Kanto; Pikachu's Tale: Johto; or something to that effect.)

Yeah pikachu should have a much higher defense stat, if it is to be useful at all. You should probably make its attack a bit higher too. Otherwise trying to put use pikachu against the elite 4 will be near impossible. Anyways, This hack looks awesome! Your mapping skills are insanely good, hope to see a beta/alpha soon. :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Barker im reading around and I saw that you got up to viridian! YAY! This is going excellent and I hope this gets the honour of being the 10th hack finished here. Also need ideas? You know what to do.
    Edit:
    Offtopic: 10 posts away from post 666. Oh joy. And I need to lay of the electronics.

Barker

Years
  • Yeah pikachu should have a much higher defense stat, if it is to be useful at all. You should probably make its attack a bit higher too. Otherwise trying to put use pikachu against the elite 4 will be near impossible. Anyways, This hack looks awesome! Your mapping skills are insanely good, hope to see a beta/alpha soon. :)
    I'm not going to make it Uber, as I said. :P

And thanks.
    Barker im reading around and I saw that you got up to viridian! YAY! This is going excellent and I hope this gets the honour of being the 10th hack finished here. Also need ideas? You know what to do.
    Edit:
    Offtopic: 10 posts away from post 666. Oh joy. And I need to lay of the electronics.
    It'll finish. Come on.
    actually, you're one away.
    Thanks for that extremely relevant post.

Anyway, still working on learning all I can about scripting. It's been a few weeks, I know, blah blah blah. Expect another map sometime this weekend.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    maybe Ashley would be a great idea, if you ask me what she looks like, then she just look like ash with long hair, slim body wearing skirt and you know, like a girl but keep the hat or at least change the hat like the female hero in FR..! anyway good luck with this hack..!^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Alright, I'm not gonna lie when I say this may the most anticipated hack on my list of...well, anticipated hacks :P I love how you're practically transforming the actual anime into an extremely accurate game, this'll be way better than the Original Yellow Version, which I thought was the best in the series. Good luck with the hack, I'll be rooting for you! :D

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • This hack looks very promising. I'll definitely be checking this page often. :) Your maps look nice, and your ideas are fantastic. Keep it up. :D

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • This is looking good, and fun!

It'll be interesting to see how close to the story you stay. As you've mentioned, you can't limit what Pokemon everyone catches. I suppose you'll have events wher you get the opportunity to catch Pokemon.

I still say you should make everyone have a Harden battle between the two Metapods :P

BTW, where would I go about getting the tiles you use from? I love them and I would really like to use them.

Spriter of the Century !!!
    Years
  • Cool
    in pallet town there's the river
    will it have the flash back with ash and gary
    about the pokeball in the indigo plautu
    (just curious)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back