• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pikachu's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Hey, Those maps look really cool XD. Keep up the good work.
    Hey, thanks Man. :)
    Everything seems to be going along smoothly Barker. ;3

I'm making a surprise for you, but don't ask what it is...
    Haha, and what a great surprise it was. Should be exciting for everyone when it's done.

I edited the Backpackachu sprite to make it...blue better

:P

But on a more serious graphical note I thought it was about time you got a support banner! I really wanted to make it animated (the sprite spinning and the text changing) but I need to learn how to do that first! Well here it is. Not the best, but I don't think it's the worst either. Hopefully will be able to make some more.

Code:
    [URL]https://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9681/pikataleunderbannertranxk9.png[/URL]
    Looking forward to Viridan and good luck with scripting!

Edit: first post on 3rd and 4th pages *dances in joy*
    Haha, I should get a special Blue Pikachu edition to you.

Anyway, thanks for the banner, I didn't know if I'd need one in the Scrapbook stages, but support seems good. I'll add it to the first post. :P

"Backpackachu" does make sense when you consider where he is 90% of the time.
    Haha, yeah. It's not the official name though.

Nice , keep working on it . I will be always rooting 4 U .
    When its done Will you give me a copy of it ?
    Thanks man, and listen to Heatran. I'll have a beta copy for download sometime in May, hopefully, check back then.

awesome! i really want to help with this, also if you need something pm me... i can't script but i'm pretty good in making maps and i know something about overworld sprites...
    Thanks. I'll gather more help as I need it, maybe you can help with spriting.

It literally took me an hour to update the entire thread, from the project Heatran is working on to all these replies. Anyway, from here I'm going to see if I can't finish Viridian (About 30% done at the moment -_-), and post that tonight. Surprise, a four day weekend, and I've only finished a little more than one map.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Hey, I like what you've done :).
    The maps are looking pretty good aswell. But I think on the palettes side, you might want to make the ground a tiny bit grey. Cause then it makes the green of the trees and the water stand out a bit more :).
    But hey, your choice xD.

Good luck.

Cid

Years
  • So, how're things coming? Anyway, I really want this hack to be finished since it's a really cool idea so good luck with it!

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    What do you want me to do? I can map viridian, or make sprites

Barker

Years
  • Hey, I like what you've done :).
    The maps are looking pretty good aswell. But I think on the palettes side, you might want to make the ground a tiny bit grey. Cause then it makes the green of the trees and the water stand out a bit more :).
    But hey, your choice xD.

Good luck.
    I used a rombase because I don't understand pallette editting. :P
    So, how're things coming? Anyway, I really want this hack to be finished since it's a really cool idea so good luck with it!
    Thanks man. ;)
    What do you want me to do? I can map viridian, or make sprites
    I'd say mapping is my main talent, so I'll probably handle most of that. If you want to sprite, I'll drop you a line when I need sprites.

Speaking of Viridian.. I've been saying maybe tomorrow for a few days, and I probably won't have it tonight either. A huge report snuck up on me recently, so I have to hunker down and knock that out. Mappingwise, Viridian has it's basic shape, it's mainly just a matter of placing houses and things so they look okay.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Didnt Viridian looked like some big city with buildings and all that in the anime? I'm asking because perhaps you would need to change more than just a few houses :P

Barker

Years
  • Didnt Viridian looked like some big city with buildings and all that in the anime? I'm asking because perhaps you would need to change more than just a few houses :P
    Oh yeah, it'll be FireRed-Saffron-esque, but on a slightly smaller scale and with a more natural feel. I may eliminate the few canals that show up in the panning shots though.

Edit: Viridan added. Don't feel like double posting, so I suppose whenever this thread is checked by anyone, they'll know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    If your scripts gonna be as awesome as your maps this hack gonna be the best one I have ever seen :) Thous maps are pure perfection. Good luck and promise me you won't give up :D (Crystal Shards and Blue Sea were ones I was waiting to be finished but authours did gived up, so now your hack and Shiny Gold are the only ones that metters to me)

Barker

Years
  • I've had some positive feedback on the maps; I'll do my best to make sure the scripts have a similar reception. :P

Reiteration for new clickers: The Viridian Map has been posted.

simplynaruto

Banned
    Years
  • Thnx you going to see viridian now.
    EDIT: You sir are a mapping genious. One thing though. I wanted to see this with the big pokmon centr in the middle with the police booth in the entrance to town. Also are the rivers surfableand go to new places. Like in the first route and pallet they go to the left when clearly we no nothing left of pallet. Unless you are going to block it I suggest rocks to make it blocked. Not some forcefield blocking.

Islander Jon

Dragonite the Day Dragon
    Years
  • I really love the look of this game and your mapping looks great. I have high hopes for this and hope you keep it up! Also, expect a Userbar soon, I plan on making one...

Barker

Years
  • Thnx you going to see viridian now.
    EDIT: You sir are a mapping genious. One thing though. I wanted to see this with the big pokmon centr in the middle with the police booth in the entrance to town. Also are the rivers surfableand go to new places. Like in the first route and pallet they go to the left when clearly we no nothing left of pallet. Unless you are going to block it I suggest rocks to make it blocked. Not some forcefield blocking.
    Nice, custom tiles will come eventually. The average brown building southermost in town is the station for now.

And you're the first to mention the fact that Pallet/Route One lead left! I have a plan for that part, it's not going to be a forcefield-dead-end. In fact, it has to do with a future episode..

Anyway, I'm thinking of a name change to something ultra-simple: "Kanto". The only problem is, I want to include some sort of reference that this hack has to do with the Anime.. I'll work on that later. For now, I need to focus on scripting Pallet.

Edit: Thanks Jon. :P I don't plan on letting anyone down. Userbars are always welcome.

PierceChrist

Pierce Fett,Bobas cousin
    Years
  • It would be way easier if you used RPG Maker
    but im excited for this though
    i had an idea to make a yellow remake
    but decided not to
    Hopefully this wont die like the other yellow remakes
    because i know its sorta hard to do

joeloa

booklover88
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    In Pallet Town, the river is surfable right? Where will it lead?And the water next to Misty? And the water in Viridian? I think you should connect them.
    And what is it a hack of exactly?

Last edited:

Islander Jon

Dragonite the Day Dragon
    Years
  • Here's your userbar, Barker:

And it's my first animated one to! Here's the code:

Code:
    https://i26.tinypic.com/30kadxj.jpg

I'm very sorry I didn't put "Pikachu's Tale Supporter"...

Also, expect a Banner soon...

Last edited:

Blue Pikachu

It's a Blue Pikachu!... Lawl
    Years
  • Viridian looks awesome. Can't wait to see what's down that river!

So is that you starting the scripting now?

One thing I was thinking about. When you battle Jesse and James are you just going to have them keep the same Pokemon but keep leveling them up?

Here's your userbar, Barker:

:shocked: That's awesome. It owns the one I made.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back