• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • Why would something be impossible if you could create your own game from zero lol, anyway about 3D, I've seen some 3D gba games like Sonic Battle and FIFA 07, if you search up in google you'd find some, anyone cares to explain how it works?

Actually, the gba is a 2d game console. Think about Mario Kart Super Circuit. It looks 3d, but all it does is crappily move the pixels left and right depending on your turns on the track. 3d refers to models (like in Mario Kart DS, the karts are actually 3d models, and so are the tracks, giving it a better look)
    You'd have to access different modes of the gba's graphics controller to scroll around.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • I don't think I'll add devices other than the poketch. (Requires C programming)
    If you guys want different starters for Platinum Blue, that's alright with me.

On another note, got the starter to be successfully chosen (I used C, yay me)

Nice work gogojjtech I can see that you are gonna achieve a lot from your hard work. Keep the hellin' Great Work up!! (Yay! you! )

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Some progress on the battle boxes:
    kP0Is.jpg

Anyway, I have to re-insert the battle BGs
    Let me know what you think of this

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Is that battle BG for the grassy areas or some inside place? If it's on le inside, it's cool. If grassy, put some grass on it. lmao.

That's the regular for vanilla FR???
    LOL
    I have to re-insert the pl battle bgs :D
    This is the first rival battle

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • Some progress on the battle boxes:
    kP0Is.jpg

Anyway, I have to re-insert the battle BGs
    Let me know what you think of this

From what I'm Looking, the size of Patch File will be nearly 32MB expanded ROM Right? so I assume patch type will be UPS.. but Oh God I hate Patching UPS files cause of Size, so bro here's my Requested-demand is. Please try to make it in IPS format okay? I know it'd be tough but I'm sure you can do it. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2019
    Woah! This looks amazing! I dreamed of such stuff back in 2011. Can't wait to try it:D

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • From what I'm Looking, the size of Patch File will be nearly 32MB expanded ROM Right? so I assume patch type will be UPS.. but Oh God I hate Patching UPS files cause of Size, so bro here's my Requested-demand is. Please try to make it in IPS format okay? I know it'd be tough but I'm sure you can do it. ^_^

It's only 17.76 MB atm, but it will continue to grow, so ups is a must (until a new patching system comes out)

Woah! This looks amazing! I dreamed of such stuff back in 2011. Can't wait to try it:D

It will be awesome I can tell you that :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2019
    will pokemon have animations?
    thats the one thing I really hate about firered hacks, battles don't feel alive :(

Is it even possible in the fire red version to make spirtes animated? But if it's not I would prefer the hack to be based on fire red then on emerald as the whole interface feels more polished to me.

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Is it even possible in the fire red version to make spirtes animated? But if it's not I would prefer the hack to be based on fire red then on emerald as the whole interface feels more polished to me.
    I believe so It is possible to have animated sprites...But that could also bump the game from 18->2x? or maybe 30mbXD But I don't have the slightest idea.
    and 18MBS DD: I don't even have wifi -.- I'll have fun downloading...

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • 18 MB is nothing when you have a free wifi near your house xD

It'll grow :D
    Remember the intro and titlescreen, there goes about 1 MB just thinking of it.

will pokemon have animations?
    thats the one thing I really hate about firered hacks, battles don't feel alive :(

Like BW style? Maybe Platinum Blue, but that's like a ton of space just for animated sprites lol

Is it even possible in the fire red version to make spirtes animated? But if it's not I would prefer the hack to be based on fire red then on emerald as the whole interface feels more polished to me.

It is possible, one of my friends here named BugManiac found a way. He has videos on Youtube as well.

I believe so It is possible to have animated sprites...But that could also bump the game from 18->2x? or maybe 30mbXD But I don't have the slightest idea.
    and 18MBS DD: I don't even have wifi -.- I'll have fun downloading...

lol
    Ups guys
    You're not downloading the rom itself, (legal issue)

There are 7 idiots who think gogo cant finish this hack

Either you're right or they just don't know me :D
    Also yay 151 Mew yes votes

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Here is a quick question:
    For GTS what if i offer a shiny would they offer back another shiny? XD I feel like i iwll be all day trading lol

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Here is a quick question:
    For GTS what if i offer a shiny would they offer back another shiny? XD I feel like i iwll be all day trading lol

Nope. It's all regulars from npc's. Also no formes. You can't get random rotom wash's.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • Actually, the gba is a 2d game console. Think about Mario Kart Super Circuit. It looks 3d, but all it does is crappily move the pixels left and right depending on your turns on the track. 3d refers to models (like in Mario Kart DS, the karts are actually 3d models, and so are the tracks, giving it a better look)
    You'd have to access different modes of the gba's graphics controller to scroll around.
    Is it good enough for your maps?

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Nope. It's all regulars from npc's. Also no formes. You can't get random rotom wash's.
    Well sheit x3 Sounds really great o_o GTS on gameboy... just saying that makes me cry xD
    well have you posted this on any other forums ? this looks like it would be great on WAH! ;)
    and any other forum

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back