• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon: Platinum Version - speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
Years
  • Is this your news?

Anyway the lack of news is so lame, I believe itll start picking up again in september.
    Is that your news? Haha, j/k.
    I dunno why we've had such a dry news period these last weeks, maybe they wanna keep as much as possible from us until the game is released? Or maybe we've already found out the biggest features. Time will tell, I'm longing until the release for all the new WiFi battling features and the new sprites!

Years
  • Is that your news? Haha, j/k.
    I dunno why we've had such a dry news period these last weeks, maybe they wanna keep as much as possible from us until the game is released? Or maybe we've already found out the biggest features. Time will tell, I'm longing until the release for all the new WiFi battling features and the new sprites!

There isn't much left to find out...
    Besides, the Japanese release is in about 3 weeks, so we'll no doubt know by then...

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Rotom's Maybe?

Apparently I've heard they are new forms of Rotom, but we don't no nothing about them, I mean that's something Nintendo only know's about, But I still think they are new forms of Rotom.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • They can't all be new forms of Rotom. There's like, five of them. Some believe that they are new forms of Castform. I don't know, their sillhouettes don't look too attractive. We know that they aren't new Pokemon, they are new formes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    On those silouhettes, I, personally, have an idea that maybe they are forms of Rotom. They look kind of like appliances, and Rotom can possess electronics, so.... anyone with me on this? o.o

i thought of it as rotom. just look at that little red one at the bottom.
    could be castform too. ill look it up and post it here

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • New News from Serebii
    Serebii.net said:
    The Underground is confirmed to be wireless, not WiFi

Over Wireless, there is new feature where you and your friends put in your eggs and it seems to toss them up. From this, it appears you get a random egg from it. You'll never know if you'll get a decent pokemon that evolves into a further decent pokemon with egg moves, or a Magikarp.

In the Battle Frontier, there is a stand that sells scratchcards for Battle Points. With these cards, you have the opportunity to get many items including berries. However, it's random so you could end up with little.

NOOOO, no WiFi Underground? That was one of the major things I was looking foward to. But the Egg Toss is a neat feature. And scratchcards are also a good introduction. I just wish I knew what other items I could get.

And I believe some of these are shown in ~Link Smash's~ video.

EDIT: I was just watching a video of a new Platinum commercial on the Nintendo Channel, and I saw Dialga fighting Origin forme Giratina in Torn World, unless it was traded, this could mean that you can obtain Dialga/Palkia before you fight Origin Forme Giratina. Unfortunately, Giratina was using Shadow Force, so the HP/Level were not displayed.

EDIT 2: I don't believe i've heard any elaboration based on what the new GTS actually does, but here it is.
    Bulbapedia said:
    The GTS has incorporated an E-mail system that allows players to be notified of completed trades. Notification messages are sent to the player's actual E-mail address.

This feature actually seems fairly poor in my opinion. People make multiple trades per day. So E-mail notifications regarding every trade would swarm everyone's inbox. But I never knew the Nintendo WFC was capable of such a thing. So it's also an interesting addition.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah and thats about it for news. Also the site if it has nothing to do with the pokemon sky tower..then that mystery aint solved. Also thnx for the news jman.If your wondering what the pokemon sky tower is dont ask. This is a news thread.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • This site is pratically sleeping! I found 2 new vids. Now the game has cloud effects!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sITAcrhT-AA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGphdV5LNKk
    I don't see any cloud effects. Unless you saw fog. It was always there. :S

New News from Serebii

NOOOO, no WiFi Underground? That was one of the major things I was looking foward to. But the Egg Toss is a neat feature. And scratchcards are also a good introduction. I just wish I knew what other items I could get.

And I believe some of these are shown in ~Link Smash's~ video.

EDIT: I was just watching a video of a new Platinum commercial on the Nintendo Channel, and I saw Dialga fighting Origin forme Giratina in Torn World, unless it was traded, this could mean that you can obtain Dialga/Palkia before you fight Origin Forme Giratina. Unfortunately, Giratina was using Shadow Force, so the HP/Level were not displayed.

EDIT 2: I don't believe i've heard any elaboration based on what the new GTS actually does, but here it is.

This feature actually seems fairly poor in my opinion. People make multiple trades per day. So E-mail notifications regarding every trade would swarm everyone's inbox. But I never knew the Nintendo WFC was capable of such a thing. So it's also an interesting addition.
    Added.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • I don't see any cloud effects. Unless you saw fog. It was always there. :S

I believe he's referring to the 0:18 in the first video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sITAcrhT-AA . You can see the shadow of the clouds above the landscape.

EDIT: More news? Monferno is among the Pokemon now allowed into Amity Square. Amity Square has also been reworked or expanded with water in it.

Pokémon: Platinum Version - speculation

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Ugh... I was sooo looking forward to being actually able to use the Underground... But the Egg Toss seems very interesting.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    hmm... its a little disappointing that the Underground wont be Wifi, but its a little thing, i wouldnt worry about it too much, cuz all the other stuff we have in Platina is amazing! i wouldnt lose any sleep over it, personally.
    nice vids, ~link smash~ i like the cloud effects, another minor addition to Platina that makes it even better. thanks!
    i also like that the amount of Pokes allowed in Amity Square was been expanded, i hate having to choose from 10 pokes to allow in, im happy about the expansion.

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • If you guys didn't notice anything in the 2nd youtube video someone posted there was the names of the next 2 pokemon games!!!1

And pause at 1:59. read the last sentence!

If you want the link pm me i need 15 posts to post links.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    that, no offense to you, is a load of crap. there is no way that Game Freak would name a game after an unnamed element of the periodic table. the first one, Ununbium (element 112), if im correct, isnt the official name for the element. its still being clarified. even if that were the case, Game Freak always has their game names link to each other pretty clearly. therefore, the two games names would be something along the lines of Ununbium and Ununquadium, or something, not Ununbium and Cadmium.
    to sum up, their prolly pulling our leg.... and excuse the science nerd in me. XD

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • that, no offense to you, is a load of crap. there is no way that Game Freak would name a game after an unnamed element of the periodic table. the first one, Ununbium (element 112), if im correct, isnt the official name for the element. its still being clarified. even if that were the case, Game Freak always has their game names link to each other pretty clearly. therefore, the two games names would be something along the lines of Ununbium and Ununquadium, or something, not Ununbium and Cadmium.
    to sum up, their prolly pulling our leg.... and excuse the science nerd in me. XD
    That's what I thought too when I saw the names, but I justed posted it anyway. :D

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    To think all the new features just are in 1 game.
    That's a little... weird?

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • On Topic:
    I don't under stand the whole egg thing. What is it supposed to be?

Bulbapedia said:
    The GTS has incorporated an E-mail system that allows players to be notified of completed trades. Notification messages are sent to the player's actual E-mail address.

That sounds useful. Actual E-mail address? Like NameGoesHere@???.com?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back