• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2020
    Did you edit the hatching egg steps? Hatched a shiny eevee and now i wanna hatch some mlre shinys.
    Any way to make breeding easier? And also hatching them?

Also , I'm almost finished with the dex 240 caught so far. Does the repel trick still work with entei?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Question: Would anyone like to write and edit some dialog for 3.0? You'll be credited for your work. PM me if you're interested.

Hi Rangi, will you add the evolution moves from Sun/Moon?
    Also, do you think this idea I posted a while ago is possible?

Probably won't add evolution moves, since they're already in the learnsets and the Move Relearner exists.

Also not interested in making the Elite 4 even more difficult.

Did you edit the hatching egg steps? Hatched a shiny eevee and now i wanna hatch some mlre shinys.
    Any way to make breeding easier? And also hatching them?

Also , I'm almost finished with the dex 240 caught so far. Does the repel trick still work with entei?

Egg hatching is unchanged. So is Repel.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    As I understand it, the plan is for the following, difficulty wise:

* Ordinary matches have decent teams but the main aim is to have levels be on par with you
    * Rematches with leaders, E4, etc, will still try to remain balanced level-wise but this time, go "all out" for competitive movesets/etc (while maintaining monotype/etc). Stuff like items, setup, coverage moves, hidden abilities (if stronger), EV investment/beneficial natures, etc.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    As I understand it, the plan is for the following, difficulty wise:

* Ordinary matches have decent teams but the main aim is to have levels be on par with you
    * Rematches with leaders, E4, etc, will still try to remain balanced level-wise but this time, go "all out" for competitive movesets/etc (while maintaining monotype/etc). Stuff like items, setup, coverage moves, hidden abilities (if stronger), EV investment/beneficial natures, etc.

Correct. I've already attempted to design good movesets for the boss trainers, but with the weak AI that basically means "a stat-boosting and/or status condition move, a STAB move, and some coverage moves". At least this can easily be updated as 3.0.1.

Ruvaldak

I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST PUTTING MAJOR EMPHASIS O
    Years
  • I don't think that version 3.0.0 will be released in December since the hack still needs some dialogues, mapping and events (and adding/testing the abilities). The most probable date would be January 2017.

Me and Acrozz are working on many dialogue things in our free time, however, and we've made a decent chunk of it already. The other stuff, however, I do not know of.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    I am currently playing through this game on gba4ios emulator, the game is great so far but I didnt receive hm2 from the wife of the cinnabars gym leader. where is it?

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I am currently playing through this game on gba4ios emulator, the game is great so far but I didnt receive hm2 from the wife of the cinnabars gym leader. where is it?

You mean Cinawood? Think it was mentioned a few pages ago, had its location swapped with another HM if I remember that post right but I don't remember fully, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    So, i just started playing (at Falkner now) and i already have to complain that there's so much freaking Mud Slaps everywhere. More than half of my current team is weak to ground too (Gastly, Cyndaquil, Geodude, Bellsprout and Poliwag), so that doesn't help the situation at all.

Also, could you possibly make Teddiursa appear at night as well? You need it for the earliest trade, so i think it should be catchable at all times of day. It's a bit of an unnecessary hassle to go changing your time of day just for that (and i don't wanna wait until morning to play lol).

Also a shame Fearow is not in this, he is my go-to flying type. But that's allright, sacrifices have to be made. I'll probably just get Honchkrow or Gliscor i guess.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    If you are seeing Mud Slap *everywhere*, you are probably playing Anniversary Crystal rather than polished crystal. If you are seeing it in the Falkner gym in particular, that's intentional, and it is also in vanilla GSC. Falkner gives you the Mud Slap TM (Which never made any sense IMO, but I never complained since it's how it is in the originals).

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2017
    Phew, just finished the game

So, I loved the hack for the most part, although I was playing the Faithful version. Maybe when 3.0 comes around I'll try your revised version. The game was definitely tougher than the original even though Vaporeon still trivializes both of Lance's iterations while underleveled.

The one thing that really irritated me throughout the game was how it seemed like if the Pokemon can learn Explosion or Self-Destruct, they WILL explode on you and take out the active Pokemon in most circumstances. Made it really hard to grind up in some areas and was plain frustrating with dealing with Trainers who had Pokemon who would frequently kamikaze on you like Team Rocket members beyond Slowpoke Well.

I had a blast with Thief too since the enemy Trainers actually had Held Items and was great for getting Silver and Gold Leaves. It also helped immensely against Yellow as well as giving a second Light Ball if you wanted one.

Also, will Red show up in the Training Dojo or does he have the same respawn conditions as the originals?

Years
  • Guys, would you help me please?
    I've met the Rocket guy at the Cerulean Gym, but didn't battle him. He ran away.
    I went to the spot the missing machine part should be, but its not there...
    (I've already talked to the man at power plant)

What should I do now? Is this a glich?

Uhhh, nevermind, I've found the dude lol

Years
  • Have you guys reported this bug already?
    When you go to the "up" sign, you get stuck.
    Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Sorry if it's been already said.

Attachments

• Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)
      bug.png
      2.9 KB · Views: 156
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    This is probably the final battle interface. I think it looks sufficiently aligned and balanced, and matches better with the new type+category+status icons. One nice property is that the move data covers almost none of the Pokémon data.

The original interface for comparison:

Last edited:
    Back