• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I'll think ill make them custom, the game will look better with custom sprties anyway(i may look at a few later on for bases), so do you still want me to animate those sprites? i recommend animagic, its the animator i use, google it and youll find it if you want to animate them yourself.
    the tilesets were made by me, nitram and some other really good spriters, i dont wanna sound greedy but, i kinda want this game to have only these graphics, it makes it stand out and look original, you know what i mean? anyway if you tell me what kind of comic your making via PM then ill see if i can make some tiles for you.
    anyway ill have that indoor done tommorow with more indoors.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Just to let you know darthjarjar - you really are an Iso-Artist. I'm loving the sprites, they look b-e-a-utiful. Keep it up.

Nitram

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    I'd like to say that MD pokemon sprites wouldnt fit in this game. MD sprites have a overhead view, while this style mmbn isnt. Plus the colors and sizes alsodont fit in..

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    well we just recently got our very own source of ranger sprites from images that were png, so some of the sprites from it we will use..

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    OK... I think it would be better if you animated them... I'll PM you for the Tileset.

So are the Ranger Sprites in ISO format? I never knew that! Its looking great BTW, and I'll try to do as many custom Sprites as Possible. I cant guarantee anything, but I can at least Try.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    zubat.gif

thats a zubat from ranger, the wing animation is sorta custom since the pic didnt have anymore pics of it in a diffrent flying postion. and ranger sprites are in a better angle. theyre not really overhead like MD like zubat for example.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah I mean this is the Zubat from MD Red : View attachment 33811

I understand about the fact of the Angles now, but some of them look like they fit the angle! Its Uncanny!

(Animation!!! lol!!!)

Oh Well... What stage are you at with the second BETA...?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    what do you mean by stage? if your talking about the next demo, i havent really put much in yet. so itll be a while..
    that zubat is overhead, the ranger one isnt, i doubt ill be using any MD sprites now, but ill have some more stuff later, i ripped a few sprites from the ranger pics so ill work on those and post them.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    OK... I mean you have that Butterfree to edit also to beutifly and you said that the Bulbasaur was useful... (earlier, but maybe not EXACTLY what you said)

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    actually i never said anything about bulbasaur, i said squirtle. your gettin bulbasaur mixed with what i said about venusaur..

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah... Sorry, It is Squirtle, I got confused because it said having Bulbasaur as the starter. Maybe, you should have Squirtle instead of Mudkip? (But that would mean replacing Bulbasaur with Treecko)...

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I Know that DJJ already has a TV...But he might like that Better.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    im sticking to the starters i originally had, and ashly138, those are pretty good for a start but i already have those resources, and they dont match the style, if someone is gonna make something tell me first, so i can tell you if its ok to make it or not or help you on it.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    OK... Cant wait to see more updates!

I can't wait to see shots of the custom Starter Pokemon! or for that matter, any Pokemon!

(Are you doing my animation yet, or working on the game?)

Sion

Somber Soul
    Years
  • Holy hell, Nice! Custom starters! Awesome this will be like a brand new game, rather than just a remake! I'm very excited!

~Sion

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Well... Sion, they're not really fakemon, but custom sprites shall be made for the starters, which are Bulbasaur, Mudkip and Cyndaquil.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    wow, really? That's pretty cool, I mean the way that the starters are Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, and Mudkip!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Well... Its one from each Game really.

I would've expected DJJ to of Posted today. Any comments on his Ledgends? (The custom Kyogre and Groundon)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back