• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    oh really? that's sweet. I was a little dissapointed when people were putting down the isometric battle system.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Well I think it would suit the whole game play. If most of the game is in Isometric, why not have the rest in ISO too?

It'll become easier to get the pokemon Overworlds anyway when Mysterious Dungeon Blue is rippable and sprite sheets are posted.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    no, i said it was the traditional one,isometric will be too much of a hassle, i dont know why people kept voting when i already announced it, its always best to do what you can do, not what you cant do..(i also said before that the dungeon sprites dont fit the style of this game, practically no pokemon game does, not even ranger is 100% of the style...)

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    OK... Are you ever going to experiment with the system or not? Im just asking out of dissapointment... *sniff* Oh well... thats kind of sad...

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    i will when a battle system comes around, but trust me, you will be satisfied with the amount of pokemon youll see on the overworlds...plus i have an idea on entering a battle system...youll see what i mean.. ive said this a bunch of times already, there will be surprises...youll just have to wait and see...

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    yeah, if your makin oddish right now, make sure its very small and has a dark outline, similar to wingull or swalot.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah... I will do... Do you have a website where it has size comparison things?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    not really, its best to use the trainer for size comparison, and also try sites with pokedexs, or if you have a gba game look them up there for trianer and pokemon comparison.

Nitram

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    That wingull is SOOOO awesome

looking at the animation though, it looks as it needs a frame where its wings flap upwards too.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    wingull doesnt really flaps its wings it mostly soars, i only made it flap it wings by a little bit so it just stay in the sky i was gonna make a higher wing, but it didnt look right.
    EDIT: nevermind, the upper wing i made didnt look right, ill see if i can add a better one...

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • Excellent Job! Some of the people are so well done they remind me of people in Rockman.EXE! If you need any help just ask (spriting in a 3-D format that is)

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    thnx, but the game is 2-D, people call it 3-D because its isometric but its not 3-D, and about the battle network thing, alot of stuff are edited/revamped from battle network, i thought it would be a good idea to fuse the 2 games together, but without battle network gameplay..

Sion

Somber Soul
    Years
  • Really, this is like super genius, I would definitely buy this game for DS or somthing.
    An inovative idea would have the overworld pokemon walking around on the fields, and trigger battles by collisions. It'd just seem more realistic.

Even though it'd probabaly suck having to spirte all thoes pokemon... You know what, scratch that idea. It'd probabaly take as much work as the stupid isometric battle system. The battle system in Coliseum, etc. Really ticked me off. Im glad you're sticking with the original dude.

Keep up the excellent work, this is one of my most anticipated titles to date.

~Sion

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    thank you sion, and it wouldnt really be pokemon if the battle system would change, anyway im working on groudon right now, so i should have it ready either later or tomorrow.

EDIT: finished(note: i took a picture, shrunk it and redid it in sprite form)
    (iso position)

(regular)

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Woah! Darthjarjar! That is Amazing! How did you make that!?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    shrunk/revamp/edit
    and i also got dibs on kyogre, so expect that pokemon also, im making alot of iso pokemon right now, ive updated the old pic with some new ones:

i will put some of these into the game once i do all their directions.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I was doing a spot of Ripping this Morning, and from my MD game, I got Mudkips ISO Overworlds, and compared them with the Trainer sprite given earlier. Here is just one pose.

View attachment 33735

I may Rip more later...

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    pretty good, you could rip some if you want because the rips i had were deleted..
    but dont rip too much, i want this game to have mostly custom iso pokemon..

EDIT: fixed up groudon, made it more iso, the left foot wasnt in iso place.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back