• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    ive been thinkin of some new ideas, probably sidequest where you help trainers with pokemon similar to something like pkmn ranger and when you find a pkmn thats when it will follow you, its a good idea, but will be too much work( the whole 1st pokemon following thing)

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Well I think you would be better at it... I tried, but it sucks... (animation is what im talking about).

and how about you can Give Eggs to other Trainers and help them catch wild Pokemon etc...???

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    Hey darthjarjar, did you make the banner for your game?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    new screens:

more screens coming soon, im working on more indoors, ima start the next one in a little bit, and add more people.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    click the icon that says engine with the 2 swords, after that a window will pop up and the game will start

azurill

azurill
    Years
    found it!

it's amazing

minor glitch:when you get to the right corner of the first house in Oldale,the house covers the character

Last edited:

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    not a glitch, plus ive already fixed everything, just graphical errors thats all..

EDIT: im not gonna be updating for a while since im gonna be really busy for the next few days, ill have some new stuff done when i have some freetime, so ill see if i can post an update soon, so until later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    your game kinda reminds me of MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK!!! i think i saw a MBN char in there!!! it looks soo cooooool!!!! keep it up

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    holydemon6666 said:
    your game kinda reminds me of MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK!!! i think i saw a MBN char in there!!! it looks soo cooooool!!!! keep it up

Incase you didn't read the posts before, he said that a lot of the buildings/characters were modeled of of the MMBN game... :P

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I wish people would read something other than the first posts screenshots.

@Ivo Robotnik : But he said he wants more interaction with trainers.

And Ive had an Idea about the Battle system. You know when you walked in tall grass in the GameBoyAdvance games, it used to flash and then go to the battle screen with the didly music. Maybe you could make an Event so that a Pokemon Pops up out of the Grass and as you should with you Wingull, Flaps its wings if it flies or breathes, etc... and then it makes its traditional Pokemon GBA sound, then the battle begins.

Just an Idea but... Hey...

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    He has no Battle system done yet. The only thing i can say is it will be the same as the origionals.

(Read the thread please before posting next time!!!)

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah... Habbo Hotel used Isometric sprites also. Megaman Battle network too. I wonder when we shall get an update?

EDIT: DarthJarJar... What page did you post littleroot town and Route 1? Im thinking of making a comic series for this.

Last edited:

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    Maneachicken said:
    I wish people would read something other than the first posts screenshots.

@Ivo Robotnik : But he said he wants more interaction with trainers.

And Ive had an Idea about the Battle system. You know when you walked in tall grass in the GameBoyAdvance games, it used to flash and then go to the battle screen with the didly music. Maybe you could make an Event so that a Pokemon Pops up out of the Grass and as you should with you Wingull, Flaps its wings if it flies or breathes, etc... and then it makes its traditional Pokemon GBA sound, then the battle begins.

Just an Idea but... Hey...
    The reason he's not doing the isometric battle system is because he doesn't want to sprite all of those pokemon in iso. If he did that he would still have to sprite all of them and with animations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back