• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2007
    Dude! I Luv The New Pokeomn D/p Legendaries That U Made!!! They So Rock!!!!! Keep It Up!!!!!!!!!

by the way, wat are the starters????

Last edited by a moderator:

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    srry for the lack of updates, pokecommunity hasnt been really working for me, so its hard getting here, anyway i have a picture of a functional-yet not fully working battle system:
    (NOTE: THE BATTLE SYSTEM WILL NOT LOOK LIKE THIS)
    Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

this is just a look to show how the battle system might look like in the future, i was just able to do this from a tutorial im learning..so ill have to script the battle system myself, the system you see is a modified version of the tutorial's script..which is to look like a pokemon battle system. it doesnt fully work with my game, only by itself, so ill have to make battle similar to this but more pokemonish, so this is somewhat of a promise and proof that a battle system is possible, and there will be one sometime soon, and to let you guys know, its too early for a battle system..once i have enough things goin ill get to this, so there will be one soon, and yes...those are diamond and pearl sprites, dont ask how i got them...
    anyway ill some more stuff soon, so until next update.

Last edited:
    Years

I can see u r game is really progressing, my internet was off so i couldn't see what is happening. i really liked u r walk demo and i thimk u r game is special and also I really like the battle system even if it is symple but i like this type of battle system.:)

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    HEY JARJAR!! Ya, pokecommunity is rough with me too, so I just got here for the first time in at least a week :P. Ok, back on topic... WOW!!!!! It seems like you have gotten a lot done in the mean time, great job! Glad to see you posted a "not finished" battle system :P just playin. Hey, I saw the D/P gfx in your sig, and I thought... OMFG!!!!!!!!!! You should think about implementing a few of those in your game, that would be a real treat for everyone now, wouldn't it?

waterboy

Pokemon Legend
    Years
    hey jarjar will the battle system have attack animations eg when u use ember flames shoot ect cuz in most fan games it just takes heath and isnt all that great

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    The battle system you see isnt the actual thing, just an example one.
    and yes there will be attack animations...(there was an attack animation in the example one)
    ive been working on some new places lately in the meantime, Petalburg city will be around in the next few days, so the next update will have a bunch of new screenshots, since im gonna show everything that was done lately in 1 huge update.

Years
    So, the example one is very good and i think you should use it. I can't wait for ur big update and one question: Do you have an estimated date when the demo will be out?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    There wont be another demo out for a long time..but if you dont know, there is already a demo out...(check first page)
    and the example one isnt really for pokemon..so it will have to be made better.

Years
    yeah i know that there is a walkdemo and i said in my last post that i really liked ur walkdemo. Anyway, keep up the good work and i am looking forward for this game

Chaos_Pikachu

Chaotic Pikachu
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 6, 2007
    If you go to serribii they have the real front sprites for the new pkmn or it they arent real pretty darn good replicas and its looking pretty good i like it alot

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Yeah ive seen them but a friend of mine has made better revamps than those sprites at serebii.
    so the have much better quaility, and im planning on using the sprites from D/P for the battle system if anyone ever rips all of them..

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    I have never seen a Pokemon Game Look so Good, I'll have my eye on this one good job darthjarjar you have a great gift!!!!!!

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    thnx, some friends and i have been working on some new tiles and buildings, so we've been doin a lot lately, so theres gonna be many new areas done soon.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Just got back and saw the quality updates! Im liking what Im seeing DJJ. Hopefully Petalburg and Route 2 are as good as the others!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    One quick Question.

Will the New Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl Be in this, and if so, when?

Hopefully I will start doing some more to help this game. Possible Overworlds again. Do you desperatly need trainers or anything else?

Plus, if Im allowed to make a Comic for this Game, (Pokemon R/S/E: The Comic) could you send me the Hero's Overworlds?

RaveGamer

The Raving Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    That...is just AMAZING! You sir need to work for Nintendo, you can make millions!

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
    im really impressed with the effort you have put in this game. it definately shows. the angle is different, and i think that this game will be a hit. good job, and keep going. :P it'll be worth it for you, and us!~

Cascade of the Sky!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back